Author Topic: clint IIc  (Read 5771 times)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
clint IIc
« on: 27 March 2011, 20:08:27 »
 I needed some for the Clan BloodSpirits trinary I'm building. Straight out of the blister i found this mini well crafted, and nicely detailed. The mold lines were almost non-existent. All in all it was a really well made mini. I know it's an old mini but these are the first ones I've ever bought.

Just thought i would say something nice .
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Daishi411

• Captain
Re: clint IIc
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2011, 20:14:04 »
gasp. could this be the new IWM quality control they have tried to implement (why it wasn't there to begin with boggles my mind). the last mini i got was the night wolf and i was beyond surprised to see that it was sculpted in a way that didn't make me want to throw it at a wall and hope to make improvements to it.

what i'm trying to say is that it looks like things may be looking up for the quality if btech minis
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Sawbones12

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2011, 23:05:57 »
Wow, thanks Daishi411 for the truly backhanded compliment... With such accolades, the doorways at IWM will have to be widened to accommodate their swollen heads.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2011, 23:19:47 »
Wow, thanks Daishi411 for the truly backhanded compliment... With such accolades, the doorways at IWM will have to be widened to accommodate their swollen heads.

i tend to get this kind of response to my comments regarding IWM, and quite frankly i don;t deserve them, mostly because the people that make have not had the experience with IWM that i have. the reality is that for a long time now the quality has been poor (and that's a generous evaluation IMO), and you admitted it yourself in your thread. i'm personally surprised that there wasn't better quality control before, it's slightly shocking, and the fact that you don't seem to think so is odd. I have to contact them to replace or send  missing or poorly molded parts almost on an orderly basis, i find that unacceptable, since that has never happened to me when i buy minis from other companies, and i firmly believe that if there was competition between companies when it comes to btech minis, IWM would have bee flushed out long ago.

the fact is people can go on making excuses for IWM, and they may even believe them, however i don't, and it's my right to express them and not be condemned for my perfectly fair, and in my experience warranted views, it really isn't my problem if you don't like them, really.

I have shown token support for IWM in the past in the form of funding (though small amounts usually), and i did say that i have noticed an increase in quality.
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Sawbones12

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2011, 10:15:01 »
Okay.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2011, 10:16:33 »
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2011, 10:39:52 »
I only have one Clint IIC... well, one and a half ;)

I got one as part of the old Ghost Bear Medium Star set, but it had a badly deformed right arm. Had it been the left, I might have ignored it and modified the shoulder to show the arm having been shot away, but... well, the right arm has the gun! Melissa at IWM sent over a new arm, but it was on the sprue with another left arm and a head.

The new arm is on the Clint IIC, which like the rest of it's star is painted light blue. The other two bits though... the spare left arm is now clutched in the hand of a resculpt-style Atlas, while the head is laying on the base, about to be crushed under the Atlas' foot.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2011, 11:29:14 »
i should get a clint IIC at some point. it's always been one of those minis that i'll get next time.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2011, 12:02:06 »
ahhh the Clint IIC, one of those mechs that made me ask "why is there a seperate mini for that?" and when I saw it I said "oh, thats why"

I started using IICs as standard clints, they look that pretty. maybe I should do that for Urbanmechs too... }:)
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #9 on: 28 March 2011, 12:31:34 »
ahhh the Clint IIC, one of those mechs that made me ask "why is there a seperate mini for that?" and when I saw it I said "oh, thats why"

I started using IICs as standard clints, they look that pretty. maybe I should do that for Urbanmechs too... }:)

I still don't own a regular Clint for that very reason- the IIC is good enough for me, and frankly I never use Clints anyway in games for the most part. Agree on the Urbie- the regular is a decent enough mini, but the IIC is a lot more fun to me.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #10 on: 28 March 2011, 13:32:55 »
Picked up a pair of battle cobras at the same time. Same thing, nice sculpt, few mold lines and the only thing i wanted to do to it was pin the arms.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #11 on: 28 March 2011, 14:32:25 »
the fact is people can go on making excuses for IWM, and they may even believe them, however i don't, and it's my right to express them and not be condemned for my perfectly fair, and in my experience warranted views, it really isn't my problem if you don't like them, really.

No, but if you put your opinions in a public forum, you shouldn't be surprised when people comment on them, especially when you're giving a backhanded insult.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2011, 14:36:45 »
No, but if you put your opinions in a public forum, you shouldn't be surprised when people comment on them, especially when you're giving a backhanded insult.

not an insult, it was a compliment. i'm really not going to have this conversation, trust me i already know your views, and if i were you i'd drop it before this gets locked. that particular issue has clearly been dealt with, and there's clearly no reason to beat that dead horse, considering i know what you and other would say.

i think we're done with that, back to regular scheduled program
« Last Edit: 28 March 2011, 14:44:39 by Daishi411 »
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #13 on: 28 March 2011, 17:51:47 »
You're right, you're not going to have this conversation here.

Knock it off.

+Crow T. Robot+

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 28 March 2011, 19:02:21 »
I have a Clint IIC.  I think its still unassembled.  A lance or so of actual Clints meant I never subbed it for anything else, and the stats are just bizarre.  Nice enough looking mini, tho.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2011, 19:32:58 »
I have a Clint IIC.  I think its still unassembled.  A lance or so of actual Clints meant I never subbed it for anything else, and the stats are just bizarre.  Nice enough looking mini, tho.

It really is an oddball- single heat sinks, FOUR TONS of ammo for the LB... very strange Mech. On the bright side, it's nice to be able to take a shot needing a 12, and not feel like you're wasting valuable ammo!  ;D

+Crow T. Robot+

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: 29 March 2011, 08:08:26 »
It's funny, I looked at that little thing, wanted to repose it out of it's stock-still pose, fought with it, gave up, and threw it back in the drawer (hopefully) never to be seen again. I haven't painted a standard Clint either.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #17 on: 29 March 2011, 08:31:18 »
It really is an oddball- single heat sinks, FOUR TONS of ammo for the LB... very strange Mech. On the bright side, it's nice to be able to take a shot needing a 12, and not feel like you're wasting valuable ammo!  ;D

I like to think of the Clint IIC as being used for extended deployments in outback areas.
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Register