Author Topic: Southern Connecticut/Metro NY area players  (Read 1852 times)

JagCav

• Recruit
Southern Connecticut/Metro NY area players
« on: 03 May 2020, 17:05:30 »
I think most folks are keeping to themselves at home, thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, but I was wondering if there were any players in my area. Maybe when this is all over and the local game shops are open again, I'll have someone to play against.  :thumbsup:

I'm located in Fairfield County, the southern end of CT. Manhattan is about an hour away via train. In my area, there is a shop called Battlegrounds Gaming, which caters mostly to Magic: The Gathering events and Warhammer 40k/AOS but has open board game nights and a regular D&D showing. Curious to see if anyone here knows of or frequents the place. I'm not aware of any other local game shops like it in my neck of the woods.

I have not seen Battletech played there, or even discussed, but never say never!

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: Southern Connecticut/Metro NY area players
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2020, 21:15:18 »
Hot Damn! People in my area! Their are about four or five us northwards in Danbury, formerly home to Gamer's Gambit. Two of us tried to play at least once a month or more. He's a Hell Horse Player, and I'm clearly a Ghost Bear so you'll fit right in ;D.

That being said as soon as the pandemic is over I have no problem going to Battlegrounds gaming to play a game or two.

thecybersmily

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2020, 16:53:25 »
I'm a bit northeast of you, Wallingford. Prior to lockdown, there are 3-5 of us who play every other Sunday evening in my man cave. We play both Battletech and Alpha Strike on hexless table (6'x8').
Also, normally I work down in Stamford and pass Battlegrounds on my commute. Once normalcy happens, I'm game for a game.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 02 July 2020, 12:59:05 »
So when are we thinking of getting together: August?

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 02 July 2020, 13:33:58 »
There is a group that plays in Selden,NY(across the bay) at a place called Brothers Grimm once a month, crew of 5 normally.
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

thecybersmily

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2020, 19:45:27 »
So when are we thinking of getting together: August?
it all depends. Crazy how quick things can change in this new age. But right now for me it's a maybe.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2020, 22:21:51 »
it all depends. Crazy how quick things can change in this new age. But right now for me it's a maybe.

Fair enough: rather be safe than sorry.

There is a group that plays in Selden,NY(across the bay) at a place called Brothers Grimm once a month, crew of 5 normally.

Bit of a drive/ferry ride including tolls. Not not do-able but a bit of a haul .

Register