Author Topic: Search Function  (Read 1206 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Search Function
« on: 30 November 2014, 21:50:24 »
Hi,

When researching rules the 30 second delay in searching can slow things down.  Does the site have the bandwidth to reduce the delay between searches?

Also would it be possible to set the search up to search in multiple forums at the same time.  I.E Total Warfare, Errata, Ask the Developer at the same time.

Thanks
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
Re: Search Function
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2014, 22:20:09 »
When researching rules the 30 second delay in searching can slow things down.  Does the site have the bandwidth to reduce the delay between searches?

Searching would be a function of processing power to troll the database, not a function of bandwidth to send the results to you.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: Search Function
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2014, 13:45:10 »
Also would it be possible to set the search up to search in multiple forums at the same time.  I.E Total Warfare, Errata, Ask the Developer at the same time.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?action=search

Click to expand the "Choose a board to search in, or search all" heading, it'll show all forums.
Default search covers all forums, you can narrow it down more to reduce results.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Register