Author Topic: TECHNICAL: Post Text Keeps Changing Size  (Read 1509 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
TECHNICAL: Post Text Keeps Changing Size
« on: 19 April 2015, 17:02:10 »
Okay, so this is something that has been happening off and on for a bit, but lately it's been occurring much more frequently and it's really starting to tick me off.

I'll write a reply to a post, and when I hit the "Post" button, I find the text in my post has been super shrunk. Either done to the smallest text size or more frequently it will turn it into subscript. And it doesn't usually do any good to go back in to modify it because there's usually no code (size-/size) to delete. And even when there is, deleting doesn't do any good, when I hit post it still publishes it as very small text. The only way I've found to deal with it is to go back to the main thread menu and refresh the page. Which means I've lost everything I was going to write. (Especially frustrating with long posts.)

What the heck is going on?

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: TECHNICAL: Post Text Keeps Changing Size
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2015, 17:57:20 »
Browser, version and operating system?

Is it just text in the post box, or does all the forum page text shrink?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2015, 18:08:30 »
Google Chrome, Version 42.0.2311.90 m and Win 8.1

Just the text of my post shrinks.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2015, 18:40:40 »
Department of weirdness  :o

Paging Knightmare!
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2015, 19:37:39 »
I'll look into it.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2015, 15:06:29 »
Just finished my browser testing—sorry, long day—but everything is coming in 5 x 5. I thought the cache might be servicing funny, but it's not.

Sorry Ying, but I'm just not seeing the problem.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2015, 17:12:15 »
Is this still happening, now that your PC is no longer possessed by the spirit of Herb's cats?

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2015, 20:44:12 »
Is this still happening, now that your PC is no longer possessed by the spirit of Herb's cats?

Haha not since I posted about it. But its pretty infrequent. I did install Malwarebytes, so guess I'll just have to see if that takes care of it.
Oddly enough though, this is the only forum/website I've had weird stuff like all that go on.

Well, sorry for bothering you guys (and thanks for the tip on MalwareBytes).