Author Topic: Konflikt '47 - Thoughts?  (Read 1504 times)

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
Konflikt '47 - Thoughts?
« on: 18 August 2019, 20:30:52 »
In the past I've usually stayed away from WW2 gaming.  My grandfather was a POW in WW2, and I have had problems in the past with feeling guilty about "playing" something that he lived through.  I was very close to him, and he talked to me about his war experience (which he didn't usually do). 

I don't know if time has lessened it or what, but I'm beginning to get interested in the period.  I started picking up books about the battles he was in and researching them.  Being a fan of minis gaming, of course I began looking at WW2 minis games.  I had considered Bolt Action several times (I demo'd FoW once and found it a little daunting).  But I came across Konflikt '47 and thought it looked unusual and far enough from the real WW2 for my comfort level. Also being a fan of things like Wolfenstein, and thoroughly enjoying the Man In The High Castle series, I'm in a mood for alt history. 

So, what are your experiences with the game? Miniatures? Etc.?

pixelgeek

• Master Sergeant
    • My blog
Re: Konflikt '47 - Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2019, 21:06:37 »
I had a look at the game. The background is really the thing that killed the game for me. Nothing unique about it. Soviets have bear troops For goodness sakes. It is a background thrown together to work with some existing minis and it really shows.

My favourite Weird WWII game was AE:WWII and it had a great background as well as a great system. Sadly no longer available.

If you want a good WWII rule set take a look at the Battleground series from Plastic Soldier Company. Works in 6, 15 or 20mm scales and has a more realistic OOB making battles that seem more realistic than FoW.

Garrand

• Warrant Officer
  • "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2019, 10:04:41 »
I think for some people, the idea of Soviet Bear troops would be part of the appeal.

My Grandfather was a marine in WWII & was wounded on IIRC Guadalcanal. So while I empathise, I personally have no problems gaming WWII. Though its hard to find a WWII game that does it really well that I can find players for. I don't care at all for the weird war II stuff, IMHO. The actual conflict was interesting enough.

Damon.
Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com
Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2019, 19:18:57 »
I like it, I have both a Japanese and a Finnish army.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2019, 14:24:12 »
I like it, I have both a Japanese and a Finnish army.
In what game? And does those 2 armies fight against each other often?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2019, 15:04:49 »

They probably both fight the Russians a lot.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2019, 00:23:35 »
For konflikt47. My friend who got me into it has a American and a German army so I fight against them.  The plot for it is pretty interesting (to me) and I like the Japanese exoskeleton troopers. The new Italian army's look good enough I'm fighting off building some. The creators are very active in the Facebook group and always open to suggestions.
 You can also use units from your regular bolt action army's so you don't really need to spend a whole lot of extra money. They use some of the gates of antares reaction rules which steps it up compared to bolt action (to me).
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face