Author Topic: AOE Templates  (Read 5396 times)

neonbasschild

• Recruit
AOE Templates
« on: 02 September 2013, 13:56:39 »
Is everyone using the paper ones? Has anyone else found anything better? I sent a email to corsec to see if they will make clear etched ones but no word yet on if they will or not.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
Re: AOE Templates
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2013, 14:07:02 »
Right now I just measure with a tape measure. Templates would be great though. If/when Corsec gets back to you please let us know; I for one would much prefer a template to my current system.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

George_Labour

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2013, 14:30:50 »
My dad went up to a Office Max and worked with one of the folks there to get the book templates printed out on a clear sheet while retaining the black markings. So we mostly use those as 2 and 6 inch are the most common.

For the 4 inch template I use an acrylic template meant for the game Warmachine. It has several rings to denote various sizes, and includes the 'clockdial' used to determine scatter on it. I also have a 3 and 5 inch template from my warhammer games that can be used on the rare occasions that cluster ammo is deployed.

But yeah, a 6 inch template with all the various sizes marked out and a 1-6 clockdial for figuring out scatter would be nice to have. That way I don't have to worry about remembering to put templates in different bags when packing for a game.

Rat

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2013, 04:48:56 »
The templates are useless for artillery, all the rules in the book refer to radius, eg. 2", 4", 6" radius.  The aerospace bombing rules refer to AOE which might apply to the templates, but I think the rules can do with a bit of clarification on this issue.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2013, 07:34:12 »
The templates are useless for artillery, all the rules in the book refer to radius, eg. 2", 4", 6" radius.  The aerospace bombing rules refer to AOE which might apply to the templates, but I think the rules can do with a bit of clarification on this issue.

Somebody already asked and had it answered?
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,32696.0.html
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Morpheus1975

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 03 September 2013, 08:34:56 »

Papabees

• Lieutenant

neonbasschild

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 03 September 2013, 20:39:58 »
Right now I just measure with a tape measure. Templates would be great though. If/when Corsec gets back to you please let us know; I for one would much prefer a template to my current system.

They sent me a email today. $12 bucks.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #8 on: 03 September 2013, 21:00:56 »
They sent me a email today. $12 bucks.

Very cool, thank you.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Register