Author Topic: Campaign Cartographer III  (Read 4067 times)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Campaign Cartographer III
« on: 14 September 2012, 17:49:52 »
Just starting to use this gem of a program.  It's nicely detailed, and seems to be modable.  The pure freedom of possibility is exiherating and a good bit daunting.  Control feels wonky, but that might just be new user related. 

Any advice, anecdotes, criticisms whathaveya regarding its use out there?  I'm plowing into it anyway, but intel is always cool too.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Libertadkrieger

• Corporal
Re: Campaign Cartographer III
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2012, 01:46:02 »
Provide a link to said program?  I'm interested

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2012, 21:49:37 »
Links lead only to patches and whatnot.  It's actually an expensive bugger of a program.  It can be used to make professional-looking fantasy maps, though I've been finding other sources that promise the same thing, though the results vary wildly.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Blacknova

• Bullet Magnet
  • Captain
  • I am Thomas Hogarth's Love Child
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2012, 02:28:41 »
I have used it for a long time.  The more you practice and learn, the better your maps become, however, it does take some time.  Youtube has some good tutorials though.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

Unofficial LD for 2 seconds - It was a glorious moment!

"They can bring it. We fought off an army of guys who wore 20 pound decorative brass shoulder pauldrons. I'm not afraid of the Disney Land mascot brigade" - MadCapellan, in reference to the Confederation possibly facing the Clans.

boilerman

• Lieutenant
  • Spinning wrenches since 1968.
« Reply #4 on: 16 December 2012, 14:07:57 »
I have to agree with Blacknova, good program but it requires some practice.  If you have some background with drawing programs it's not too difficult to pick up.
Avatar by Wombat. Thanks Wombat!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2013, 04:43:23 »
Yeah, it has a CAD engine driving it so unless you've used Autocad or something like it or are coming from photoshop/illustrator, it'll drive you nuts at first.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Register