Author Topic: Grimmdark Knights as BattleMechs?  (Read 491 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Grimmdark Knights as BattleMechs?
« on: 08 April 2022, 15:58:30 »
If any of you haven't figured out yet, I tend to dabble in infrequent cross-over game, and one of the things I checked into was the fairly recent Adeptus Titanicus: Horus Heresy.

One of the things I was really keen on looking at were the Knights.

Managed a box set a couple years ago that had pairs of Reaver Titans, Warhound Titans, and a pair of Cerastus Knights. Compared to rules and individual unit purchases, this boxed set was a friggin' steal!  It cost the same as buying an individual Reaver.

I finally finished one of the Cerastuses.  I'll explain the odd theme for those who are curious.  But, here is a comparison shot with some familiar faces, new and old.

They're close enough that if anyone wanted to, they could port them into BT.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Grimmdark Knights as BattleMechs?
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2022, 17:15:52 »
Big Blue on the left looks like a SH version of a Dire Wolf, ... with dual HAG-40s in the RA.  very cool.  Just clarifying, they were pre-painted and you repainted them? NM! at first glance (and it's friday, long week at work ... my brain is now not in school/work mode!) it looked like they were on dials from a clicky game -- and I reread your post.

I like those, a lot.
« Last Edit: 08 April 2022, 17:17:34 by Wolf72 »
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Re: Grimmdark Knights as BattleMechs?
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2022, 19:13:42 »
That's right. The Warhound (Wolfhound Rex?) and the Knight had to be assembled. It's Games Workshop.  Everything is a model kit.

Good God, if they prepainted and preassembled things, they might actually make some money with all the sales they'd get by people who don't have the time for that.  (Same with you, BattleTech.)  But, can you imagine them charging full bars of gold-laced Latinum?
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics