Author Topic: Current SVN Builds of all 3 Project trunks MM r9545, MML r1192, MHQ r1448  (Read 41793 times)

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
Works now. Odd... it didn´t work a couple of hours ago.

A couple of hours ago I was asleep so I'm not sure. Likely my IP changed and it took a moment to update the DNS record.

Maelwys

• Major
I'm still using r8886, so I haven't tested this with the new version, but...

I setup a dedicated server on a friend's linux box (Centos 6.2), and everything seemed to work. It was even nice not having to deal with saving the game, we could just leave it running and come back to it anytime...

Until today. I got an IM from my friend saying the MM was "Chewing up a good chunk of the cpu" which is really odd because it wasn't doing anything, just sitting there waiting for players to show up to do the next turn. Resetting the server didn't really fix the cpu usage, so I simply killed the server.

Is this normal for a MM server? Was it a function of how long the server had been up (a little over a week)? Something else?

ralgith

• Captain
 3902 dylan     20   0 2281m  68m 8560 S  0.3  2.0  10:26.56 java               
 3938 dylan     20   0 2281m  70m 8564 S  0.3  2.0  11:21.39 java               
 3956 dylan     20   0 2281m  70m 8560 S  0.3  2.0  10:25.99 java

That's three of my 4 dedicated servers that have been up for 10+ hours each. As you can see, they're each (at PEAK) using 0.3% CPU amd 2.0% RAM. So, I'd have to say that isn't normal. However, none of mine have yet been used as far as I'm aware, so there may be a memory leak hiding in there somewhere.

SteveRestless

• Major
No, definitely not normal behavior
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Maelwys

• Major
I'll keep an eye on the server then next time I set it up and during the week. My friend just sent me another IM, suggesting that one culprit may have been the leap second, which apparently caused problems that sound very similar to this.

I guess I'll see in about a week :)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
Java doesn't formally have memory leaks, stuff isn't allowed to access outside of it's designated memory area and the maximum total amount of RAM is fixed at start up. That said, if stuff has not been forgotten Java memory usage may grow

ralgith

• Captain
Updated to mekhq r1204 & mm r8927 to fix a few bugs and introduce some new data

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
come on ral slow down i haven't had a chance to play the last update :P

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

ralgith

• Captain
I don't know how to slow down. :P

Bugfixes are good.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Anyways played a quick game against the bot with the latest update.. and it went pretty smooth I really like the slide bar for princess just have to figure out the best spot for it.

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
just out of curiosity what happened to the quirks?  I didn't see them in the RPG rules?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

ralgith

• Captain
just out of curiosity what happened to the quirks?  I didn't see them in the RPG rules?

Because they aren't in that category.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
crap I was told that they were.. ok where are they then please?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

A. Lurker

• Major
crap I was told that they were.. ok where are they then please?

They're on the "Advanced Rules" tab -- you'll have to scroll down a bit. Next-to-last box before the legacy/unofficial options start.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Thanks Lurk

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

SteveRestless

• Major
Man, you've got a lot of nice maps and things added on! You should release a jake-style compilation of them. Or include them with Megamek.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

ralgith

• Captain
Man, you've got a lot of nice maps and things added on! You should release a jake-style compilation of them. Or include them with Megamek.

Most of them were created by other people though ;)
In fact, most are either from Jake's pack, from the Data section of the sourceforge tracker, or were created by Jayof9s.

ralgith

• Captain
Updated to mekhq r1204 & mm 0.35.31 to bring us up to the official dev release 0.35.31 (which fixes some more bugs)

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Ok I do not know what happened this was working fine today.  Now I know I did make some custom mechs through meklab tonight but I don't think that should have effected it?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

ralgith

• Captain
Updated to mekhq r1223 & mm r8962 to bring us up to the current svn, which has some nice fixes in it. This new MekHQ also has some nice fixes

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
cool thanks Ral.

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Sylterix

• Private
Updated to mekhq r1223 & mm r8962 to bring us up to the current svn, which has some nice fixes in it. This new MekHQ also has some nice fixes

One problem Ralgith.

For me it'll only save the files as .cpnx. Even if I append .xml after saving, or try saving it to an existing .xml file it'll only save it to .cpnx

ralgith

• Captain
One problem Ralgith.

For me it'll only save the files as .cpnx. Even if I append .xml after saving, or try saving it to an existing .xml file it'll only save it to .cpnx

Except that cpnx is XML format, so it doesn't matter. CamPaigN Xml is how the extension comes about, and this is the format from here forward.

Sylterix

• Private
I didn't know that. :)

Learn something new everyday.

SteveRestless

• Major
Any feature additions? :)

ralgith

• Captain
Any feature additions? :)

Umm, Lots of data updates & RAT corrections? :D

Other than that I honestly don't recall. Nothing major. Although next version will have an indicator on your units for being manual shutdown (A red SD at the center bottom of the hex)

SteveRestless

• Major
Cool. Will this shutdown indicator only be on manually shut down units, or will autoshutdown units get the indicator too?

ralgith

• Captain
Cool. Will this shutdown indicator only be on manually shut down units, or will autoshutdown units get the indicator too?

Well, I was planning on only manually shutdown. But maybe I should do both and have manual in Yellow and Auto in Red?

ralgith

• Captain
For those who used the built in MekLab - its broken in this release. This is due to changes in MegaMek breaking MML. I've uploaded a MML.jar file that corrects this. Just download it into the folder for this release. In addition I've updated the zip on the server with the new MML.jar file. Apologies for that ;)

Now I just have to remember to do that for every release! Ugh!

Or I suppose I could "abuse" my developer access and just update the MML.jar file in the MekHQ SVN repository hahaha!!

ralgith

• Captain
Updated to mekhq r1224 & mm r8967 to fix some important bugs, add pintle mounts for small support vees, and get MML r1044 into the MekHQ SVN trunk

Register