Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.45.1 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 10033 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hi Everyone,
Next release in this development cycle.  The big thing in this release is the long-awaited ability to build Large Craft (Jumpships, Warships, and Space Stations). 

Something very important about the Large Craft Data files – they have all been remade to match the rules in Strategic Operations and Interstellar Operations.   Consider TRO 3057R was released in 2004 which was 2 years before Total Warfare, and 4 years prior to Strategic Operations so the units currently in Megamek are based of the old Aerotech 2 and AT2 Revised Rules.

We’ve done considerable research, and worked with the old stats to come up with revised stats that match the current rules. In most cases the ships lost some cargo space.  We’ve also reworked names to better reflect the introduction of the ships. We’ve also added some ships described in various fluff.  Going forward we are going to consider these redesign ships as “Our Fixed Canon Ships”. This will be one of those very rare times we won't match the MUL or the TRO. If CGL ever decides to update the ship designs we'll be certain to update the designs to those stats.

Anyone who has made Large craft by hand will find errors loading these ships, there is a huge amount of code that has changed to make these ships build able and numerous tags and equipment names have got changes. In addition, these ships are now validated against the construction rules. The only option is to remake them in MegaMekLab.

The next couple of months we’ll be working on improving how the projects are released, and support for the next generation of Java. There will be a slow down in new playable stuff, but in the long run we’ll be able to do more.

One teaser for this winter; the next unit type that will be getting construction rules coded into MegaMekLab is ProtoMeks (This includes the last few pieces of missing equipment  that need coding to play in MegaMek.)

Megamek.
In addition to Large Craft stuff, we have some new camo’s (Thanks BLOODWOLF), Princess can now have separate destination and retreat edges, we’ve got bug fixes for the Force Generator, lots of new vehicle sprites and some new “Royal” mechs (colored). As always see the change logs for specifics.

MegaMekLab.
Some bug fixes but the biggie is Large Craft Construction.  If anyone hasn't been keeping up with what MegaMekLab can do see here.

MekHQ.
Lots of bug fixes, and usability features (see change log).  Full support for Large Craft in MekHQ is still a few months away.

Also a reminder to drop into the Slack channel to meet other players and harass the devs that drop in and out. 

As a reminder when moving between versions:
1)   Make backups of your campaigns and customs.
2)   Always treat each release as a stand alone release and only copy your data forward from older versions.
There is a good chance you’ll have issues in MekHQ with unit name changes.  If you get errors loading your campaign as result of unit name errors please see this post.
Name Issues with units

The change log below lists all the changes in this release from the previous stable.

CHANGE LOGS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS

Megamek.
Download Here
Code: [Select]
+ PR #1096: Security - address XXE vulnerabilities in XML parsers
+ PR #1053: Gradient & Difference Clouds Camos
+ Issue #1081: Narc Explosive ammo type no longer missing the letter "E" in reports
+ Issue #378: [Feature] Implements Tac Ops "Use AMS as Weapon" rule
+ Issue #1051: AMS no longer nags player when a shutdown mech is attacked
+ Data: New Sprites and data fixes.
+ PR #1084: [Feature] Allow bot to have separate destination edges (similar to "immediate withdrawal")
         and retreat edges (for when the bot is trying to "forced withdraw" crippled units)
+ Data: Moving old and out of date Read.me file.
+ PR #1092: Fixes for force generator (some unit rating mismatches, skill calculations, a few faction rule fixes)
+ PR #1100: Changed a long-standing bot behavior where a bot with "immediate withdrawal"
on would ignore "forced withdrawal" rules and keep firing with its crippled units.
+ Data: New Sprites and some unit fixes.
+ PR #1118: Expose MULParser.parse(Element) for MekHQ perf improvements.
+ Issue #612: [Feature] Year setting in various random unit generation mechanisms now gets set to the game year whenever that changes.
+ PR #1068: Advanced Aerospace construction data and unit fixes.

MegaMekLab.
Download Here
+ Issue #178: Equipment Table getting stuck on one equipment type.
+ Issue #181: Cannot assign silver bullet gauss ammo to dropship
+ Issue #182: Cruise Missile Ammo on Dropships erratic allocation behavior
+ Issue #184: Vehicular Stealth Armour Requirements
+ PR #172: Advanced aerospace construction

MekHQ:
Download Here
+ PR #864: Security - address XXE vulnerabilities in XML parsers
+ Issue #814: Fixed AtB morale calculation to match AtB rules
+ Fixed JAR packaging error that made personnel market methods inaccessible.
+ Issue #860: Fixed concurrent modification exception during campaign load if units unsalvageable and should be removed.
+ PR #844: Feature - display a tech's XP on the repair tab and doctor's XP on the infirmary tab.
+ PR #863: Feature - allow bots to have separate retreat and destination edges, see megamek notes.
Also upgrades AtB Chase scenarios to randomly have the player start on the north or the south edge instead of always south.
+ Issue #866: Fixed cancelling GM Add XP subtracts one (1) XP.
+ Issue #859: Fixed JSpinner text box overriding user-typed values.
+ Issue #857: Fixed bug where refit armor may not be attached to a unit on load.
+ Issue #843: Implemented sorting and scrollbar on several long lists in personnel right click menu.
+ Issue #877: Feature: Categorized births and pregnancy log entries as medical
+ Issue #858: Escaped XML was not correctly unescaped in LogEntry.generateInstanceFromXML()
+ PR #894: Fixes generation of AtBContracts with 0 req. lances
+ PR #121: allow purchasing and adding of parts en-masse
+ Issue #855: Fixed parts in transit not displaying correctly (showing up as "OmniPod")
+ PR #807: Cosmetic and accuracy improvements to AtB contract profit estimate display (in the contract market)
+ Issue #895: Fix invariant to check if tech time available for maintenance.
+ Issue #853: Do not report on the part's unit if not present during multi-day repairs.
+ Issue #849: Consider a person's secondary role during training XP calculations.
+ Issue #836: Use native file dialogs and remember the last used folder.
+ PR #909: Fix NullPointerException in ResolveScenarioTracker.
+ PR #908: Fix NPE in getPartInUse if EquipmentType is null.
Enjoy everyone.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2018, 20:42:18 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Re: New Development Snapshot 0.45.1 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2018, 14:55:45 »
Sweet

Did the bug with modifying Heavy or Assault BA get fixed for use in MekHQ?
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2018, 17:03:08 »
Only complaint I have is in trying to modernize my old designs to the current rules the current allocation method for large aerospace units is a bit cumbersome.

I've already put a feature request on the tracker for a check box setup along the lines of what Heavy Metal Aero has to improve quality of life.

Still I owe you guys your poison of choice if you're ever in my area.  Doubly so if you can get that check box feature implemented.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2018, 17:14:53 »
Sweet

Did the bug with modifying Heavy or Assault BA get fixed for use in MekHQ?

I don't recall seeing a bug report for it, so with that doubtful. What was it doing.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2018, 17:40:36 »
We’ve done considerable research, and worked with the old stats to come up with revised stats that match the current rules. In most cases the ships lost some cargo space.  We’ve also reworked names to better reflect the introduction of the ships. We’ve also added some ships described in various fluff.  Going forward we are going to consider these redesign ships as “Our Fixed Canon Ships”. This will be one of those very rare times we won't match the MUL or the TRO. If CGL ever decides to update the ship designs we'll be certain to update the designs to those stats.

Ah. I see the new cloaking devices are working as planned. They are not even sure about their own statistics. 

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2018, 18:02:54 »

Ah. I see the new cloaking devices are working as planned. They are not even sure about their own statistics.

;)
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2018, 18:54:44 »

Outstanding.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 04 September 2018, 19:30:16 »
I don't recall seeing a bug report for it, so with that doubtful. What was it doing.

MekHQ won't let you modify Heavy and Assault BA

You can do it in MekLab by itself, but not in MekHQ
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2018, 10:36:12 »
Thanks for the Princess destination/retreat change - saves me having to hover a random VTOL over one end of the map to convince Princess to advance across it. (Also helps with implementing some scenario ideas.)
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #9 on: 06 September 2018, 13:25:16 »
Hesitant to pose this here, but does MekLab support fractional accounting? if so; to what extent? Can I do fractional ammo and cargo bays?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #10 on: 06 September 2018, 13:40:39 »
Hesitant to pose this here, but does MekLab support fractional accounting? if so; to what extent? Can I do fractional ammo and cargo bays?

No need to be hesitant to pose questions about the programs. :)

At this time MML doesn't support Fractional Accounting per the rules in TO.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 06 September 2018, 14:10:31 »
Played a few hours with the new release and found my techs becoming shorthanded a few times as astechs dissapear from the pool.
I find it a bit complicated to replicate it, as you don't know when they disappear as they seem to slip away during nighttime when you press the advance day button (creepy little buggers that they are ;) )
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #12 on: 06 September 2018, 14:58:58 »
Played a few hours with the new release and found my techs becoming shorthanded a few times as astechs dissapear from the pool.
I find it a bit complicated to replicate it, as you don't know when they disappear as they seem to slip away during nighttime when you press the advance day button (creepy little buggers that they are ;) )

You might want to open a bug report, link my sig.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 07 September 2018, 04:39:17 »
Will do. I create a savegame as soon as my Astechs went out again during nighttime :)
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 10 September 2018, 08:05:53 »
BTW, is this the first release where awards are implemented?
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #15 on: 10 September 2018, 08:28:04 »
BTW, is this the first release where awards are implemented?

They were added in 0.45.0 but their is still some bugs to address, but the person who coded them (not a regular dev) is not around for a bit.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: 10 September 2018, 09:30:21 »
I saw the awards in the unit image folder of MHQ in 0.45.0 version, but didn't notice that you were able to give awards to your soldiers.
Also I did play around with the default set in the universe folder when creating my own awards. It is pretty much straightforward (as even I can could midify it) but it needs some tweaking.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #17 on: 10 September 2018, 09:42:35 »
I saw the awards in the unit image folder of MHQ in 0.45.0 version, but didn't notice that you were able to give awards to your soldiers.
Also I did play around with the default set in the universe folder when creating my own awards. It is pretty much straightforward (as even I can could midify it) but it needs some tweaking.

We have some issues open in the tracker, - https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AAwards, fell free to add your thoughts if not already their.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 10 September 2018, 10:32:30 »
Again, thanks for the heads-up, Hammer :)
Just posted there
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 15 September 2018, 03:09:00 »
I had an extremely odd event tonight.  The Hunchback was on a map edge, and the Urbi was about five hexes away and still combat effective before it was trapped in the wreckage of the Hunchback.  :o

Weapons fire for Vedette Medium Tank (Liao) #3 (Capellan Confederation (Reinforcements))
    Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4N (Donegal Stalkers); needs 10, rolls 11 : hits  LT
        Hunchback HBK-4N (Donegal Stalkers) takes 5 damage to LT.
            Armor destroyed.
             7 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on LRM 5 Ammo (4).
            *** LRM 5 Ammo EXPLODES!  20 DAMAGE! ***
                >Hunchback HBK-4N (Donegal Stalkers) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

Hunchback HBK-4N (Donegal Stalkers) must make a piloting skill check (Low-G).
            Needs 5 [4 (ejecting) + 1 (automatic ejection) - 2 (landing in clear terrain) + 2 (Low-G)], rolls 5 : succeeds.
                    The pilot ejects safely!
        *** Hunchback HBK-4N (Donegal Stalkers) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
        *** UrbanMech UM-R60L (Capellan Confederation) was trapped in the wreckage. ***
                Hunchback HBK-4N (Donegal Stalkers) takes 20 damage to LT.
                     SECTION DESTROYED.
        LIMB BLOWN OFF Left Arm blown off.
                13 damage transfers to CT.
                    Critical hit on LT.         Roll is 6;         no effect.
                Hunchback HBK-4N (Donegal Stalkers) takes 13 damage to CT.
                     3 Internal Structure remaining.
                    Critical hit on CT.         Roll is 6;         no effect.

Pilot of Hunchback HBK-4N (Donegal Stalkers) "Lieutenant SG Dritan Pllana" has ejected, so no damage is dealt!

Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4N (Donegal Stalkers); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #20 on: 15 September 2018, 04:17:12 »
Being that it is low-g, the ammo explosion launched the Hunchback into the UrbanMech, which then fused into the Hunchback's torsos converting it into a Hunchback 4G.  :D
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #21 on: 17 September 2018, 15:39:01 »
for some reason the Epimetheus' intro date has been set to 3145. It should be 3053

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #22 on: 19 September 2018, 21:05:23 »
Running into what I think are 2 separate bugs in the Force Generator.

Trying to create a binary and more for Smoke Jaguar in 3060.

First, setting the target weight does not seem to matter as it just serves up random weights. Had to do a lot of clicking on Generate just to eventually get a Light trinary, binary, or even star. Tried with those three formation types, most were heavy.

Second, selecting years 3059+, mech, and any unit rating other than Front Line or Keshik, will switch to protomechs after anywhere from 3 to 10 presses of the Generate button.

Was really looking forward to using this as the variety of mechs generated in the formations were exactly what I was trying to achieve over the bland and repetitive mech selection of Mechwarrior 3 and Trial Under Fire. Plus the inclusion of pilot names and random skills over generic PilotA1, PliotA2, etc.

Will do up a bug report on a second confirmation of this. Running Java 8 Update 181, if that matters. MekHQ fresh install to a folder name never used before. Going to download the latest MM without MekHQ to see if I get the same issue.

Edit: Same from a fresh install of just MM.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2018, 21:21:23 by Stormforge »

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #23 on: 19 September 2018, 21:52:01 »
The weights are general targets more than absolutes. Selecting light will get you a higher proportion of recon, light battle, etc. formations, but that's on aggregate and the larger the unit the closer it will tend to come to the target. Some factions (Ghost Bear, Coyote, Steiner) tend to run heavy anyway while some others (Ice Hellion, Burrock) tend to run lighter.

None of this is to say there isn't a bug, and I'll be happy to take a look at it. But keep in mind the weight classes are more hints than absolutes. I can also take a look at the protomech proportions. As you might imagine, the sheer amount of data that went into this and the myriad variations means that it was impossible to test every possibility, so I appreciate anyone pointing out things thst don't look quite right.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #24 on: 19 September 2018, 22:02:13 »
The weights are general targets more than absolutes. Selecting light will get you a higher proportion of recon, light battle, etc. formations, but that's on aggregate and the larger the unit the closer it will tend to come to the target. Some factions (Ghost Bear, Coyote, Steiner) tend to run heavy anyway while some others (Ice Hellion, Burrock) tend to run lighter.

None of this is to say there isn't a bug, and I'll be happy to take a look at it. But keep in mind the weight classes are more hints than absolutes. I can also take a look at the protomech proportions. As you might imagine, the sheer amount of data that went into this and the myriad variations means that it was impossible to test every possibility, so I appreciate anyone pointing out things thst don't look quite right.

I kinda figured that it was weighted like the Pilot skills, etc. Out of about 30 presses of Generate I didn't see a single light star when set to that formation type, and only 1 or 2 light stars when set to binary or trinary.

That is for the Smoke Jaguars. I am not really up on their lore as I am for IS Houses, so I am not sure if they run light on mediums like Kurita, heavy on assaults like Steiner, or if they run standard weight distribution.

The Protomechs popped up when I had it set to mech only. Once they appeared it was Protomechs only unless I manually changed it to something else then back to mechs.

Exact settings to reproduce only Protomechs.

Year: 3059 or 3060
Faction: Smoke Jaguar (have not tried others)
Unit Type: Mech
Rating: Any, but Front Line or Keshik
Other: Not touched, left blank
Subfaction: General
Formation: Binary or Trinary
Target Weight: Any
Experience: Any
Support Forces: Unselected

Recheck settings before hitting Generate as changing Formation type will reset Rating back to Front Line. Keep hitting Generate until Protomechs start appearing. It will not switch back to Mechs, Protomechs only after it switches.

Further testing in progress using the rest of the Clans.

Edit: Testing for the Protomech issue, this seems to be a problem only with the Smoke Jaguars. Protomechs do not appear when generating mech forces for any other clan. Unit type still says mech unless I switch to another Faction, then it changes to Protomech on Faction change. Seems something is causing it to switch to protomechs at some point while hitting Generate for the Smoke Jaguars. Doing up a bug report on this. Going to try the weight distribution with other Clans afterward.

Edit 2: Testing for weight distribution I had the Protomech issue pop up on Blood Spirit while unit rating was set to Front Line. So it would appear this is not limited to just the Smoke Jaguars. I had originally just set each Clan to Second Line, or equivalent, to test for the protomech bug.  :'(
« Last Edit: 20 September 2018, 09:03:11 by Stormforge »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #25 on: 20 September 2018, 08:51:49 »
I just noticed, this.  I will try experiment with this.  Thanks guys!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #26 on: 20 September 2018, 09:56:14 »
For the whole weight distribution thing I am guessing that the Smoke Jaguars have a higher concentration of heavy mechs. I rolled up a bunch of FedSuns company sized units, and I saw mostly lights with the odd assault, a few heavy, or slightly more medium mechs thrown in. As far as I can tell, which isn't saying much, it does seem to be fairly distributed.

Edit: Thanks to Sarna, under Smoke Jaguars Military, I found a reference to Smoke Jaguars weight distribution in Invading Clans, page 57, last paragraph under Third Wave. I take it this is applied to their entire Touman even though it only mentions Delta Galaxy?

"Having quieted the waves of rebellion, the ilKhan personally lead the Smoke Jaguars' Delta Galaxy into combat to capture the next four worlds on the Clan's agenda. The planets fell swiftly to the ilKhan's aggressive tactics and the overwhelming numbers of heavy and assault OmniMechs."
« Last Edit: 21 September 2018, 03:43:22 by Stormforge »

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #27 on: 23 September 2018, 02:10:51 »
How does the magnitude function on fuel tanks? Is it the fuel capacity as stated on p.134 in TacOps, or does it operate differently? If I set the magnitude to 10,000 am I looking at a 10 hex explosion? I didn't really see anything on this in the documentation.

Also is it possible to place a unit in a scenario without a pilot, or will that cause issues? I have not gotten that far, but in the last mission in the campaign I am working on I wanted to place an empty Aerospace Small Craft.

Just a passing curiosity, but are buildings going to get the isometric treatment sometime in the future?

« Last Edit: 23 September 2018, 05:08:28 by Stormforge »

dragonkid11

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: 26 September 2018, 05:20:42 »
Oh sweet, we can make warship with Megameklab now?!

Imma gonna have some jolly naval goodness!
On behalf of the Berserker,
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Salvage Dog AU SI Fanfic Thread
Salvage Dog AU Tech Compilation Thread
Salvage Dog AU Battlemech Thread

Brakiel

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: 03 October 2018, 06:38:45 »
Something that was irritating with DropShips but now especially annoying with WarShips is ammo allocation. The current system is really clunky when you need assign a bay's ammo by the dozens or scores (multiplied by several weapon arcs). On a 1080p screen on Windows, I can only allocate up to 49 shots at a time. For example, 150 shots for each of 4 weapon bays spread across multiple arcs is an exercise in carpal tunnel. Can you add a contextual menu item or something which can bring up a dialog box so we can just input the amount? Thanks.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #30 on: 03 October 2018, 08:36:00 »
It definitely needs some usability improvements. Keep in mind that you're working with a development snapshot and this is the state of the feature at the time the snapshot was packaged. This is not necessarily the final state of the feature.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #31 on: 03 October 2018, 19:18:41 »
Despite the serious need for quality of life improvements it is still in a state that I gladly offer poison of the dev's choice if they are ever in my area.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #32 on: 04 October 2018, 02:07:26 »
Despite the serious need for quality of life improvements it is still in a state that I gladly offer poison of the dev's choice if they are ever in my area.

Same here. None of you guys will buy your own drinks while I am in the area.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 05 October 2018, 12:42:59 »
Same boat here, but you have to travel a bit and to drink Kölsch :D
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #34 on: 05 October 2018, 19:25:06 »
Same boat here, but you have to travel a bit and to drink Kölsch :D
Ich mag Kölsch.

Shin Ji

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 24 October 2018, 17:59:12 »
Noticed something new, and not sure it's an error. When adding the 0.5 ton one shot primitive rocket launcher 10s, it automatically adds ammo for each one, weighing 1 ton and taking up a crit space. This seems to be the case in both MekHQ and MegaMekLab.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 25 October 2018, 09:52:51 »
Ich mag Kölsch.

Than you are either a fellow colonian or an indeed rare breed ;)
Rarely do non-colonians like Kölsch, which is totally beyond me.
Invitation is still up, fire a me a message if you are up for it.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
« Reply #37 on: 26 October 2018, 23:58:39 »
Is there a way to refuel ASF in HQ? 

I was playing with some of the new(to me atleast) rules that lets fighters use fuel for thrust (that seemed to make sense)  and the ASF don't seem to refuel between missions. 

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 29 October 2018, 08:32:22 »
Is there a way to refuel ASF in HQ? 

I was playing with some of the new(to me atleast) rules that lets fighters use fuel for thrust (that seemed to make sense)  and the ASF don't seem to refuel between missions. 

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

It happened too in an earlier version of MHQ. I thought they got rid of this bug.
If it's persistent you can edit your ASF in the MM lobby before entering the battle as an intermediate workaround.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #39 on: 17 November 2018, 14:03:33 »
Something I've long suspected to be an error in MekHQ has been confirmed.

Refit/Customization times.

They take too long according to this thread.

The example I put on the bug tracker:

I come up with 1890 minute to take a 6R Wolverine to a 6M while MekHQ says 5505 minutes.

120 minutes to replace the AC-5 with a Large Laser
120 minutes to install a new Medium Laser
90 minutes to add armor
120 minutes to remove the AC-5 ammo
180 minutes to add 2 heatsinks

630 minutes * 3 for a class D refit= 1890 minutes total.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #40 on: 17 November 2018, 20:19:19 »
Well I need to admit I forgot that the 6M does move the Jump Jets and the SRM 6 ammo but MekHQ is still doing weird things that it doesn't need to and overcharging time for some items.

So with that in mind for the specific example chosen it should actually be:

120 minutes to replace the AC-5 with a Large Laser
120 minutes to install a new Medium Laser
90 minutes to add armor
120 minutes to remove the AC-5 ammo
120 minutes to move the SRM 6
120 minutes to move the SRM 6 ammo to the Right Torso
240 minutes(60 minutes*4) to remove the Jump Jets from the Legs
240 minutes(60 minutes*4) to add the Jump Jets to the Torsos
180 minutes to add 2 heatsinks

1,350 minutes*3 for a class D refit=4,050 minutes.

And I'm not sure you actually need to add time to change the SRM 6's placement as it isn't actually changing location or facing but I added in that extra 120 minutes to be safe.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #41 on: 17 November 2018, 21:03:41 »
Okay asked some clarifying questions and xotl came back with a reply here.

3,300 minutes of work to change a Wolverine 6R to a 6M is quite a bit shorter than the 5,505 minutes MekHQ has.

I can only imagine the headaches you guys will get trying to figure out how to get MekHQ to not make needless moves in refits.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2018, 21:41:40 by monbvol »

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #42 on: 17 November 2018, 21:09:54 »
We are actually working with Xotl on the refit issue, but it's not a quick fix.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #43 on: 17 November 2018, 21:47:21 »
*nod*

I'm not sure how you guys will actually get MekHQ to fully recognize when it needs to add time and when it doesn't and I'll admit the lack of an example with times actually listed did keep me from raising this issue sooner as I wasn't sure where the differences in my numbers and MekHQ's were coming from and that wouldn't help rectify the issue.

tunkeymicket

• Recruit
« Reply #44 on: 21 November 2018, 21:44:00 »
*nod*

I'm not sure how you guys will actually get MekHQ to fully recognize when it needs to add time and when it doesn't and I'll admit the lack of an example with times actually listed did keep me from raising this issue sooner as I wasn't sure where the differences in my numbers and MekHQ's were coming from and that wouldn't help rectify the issue.
You'll see numbers much closer to correct in 0.45.2. I'm about 2/3 done with the calculation updates which will land in the next snapshot.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: 22 November 2018, 18:25:55 »
 I was playing with Mek Lab and noticed that a bunch of space stations and factories were using patchwork armor which it does not like at all in MekHQ. You cannot even select those designs to buy or view.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #46 on: 22 November 2018, 19:57:18 »
I was playing with Mek Lab and noticed that a bunch of space stations and factories were using patchwork armor which it does not like at all in MekHQ. You cannot even select those designs to buy or view.
Can you give me a couple of Examples. Doesn’t the problem exist in the 045.2 release?
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: 22 November 2018, 21:05:46 »
 I am away from my good internet and hot spotting off my phone over the holidays so have not downloaded the newest version.

Olympus recharge station is one, all the factories also say patchwork armor, and the space habitats also have patchwork armor

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #48 on: 23 November 2018, 13:45:07 »
Patchwork is what MML shows when there is no armor type assigned. It may be that the unit file has an armor value that is not legal for the unit. I won't have a chance to look at it until tomorrow but I suspect the unit file has standard mech/vee/fighter armor instead of aerospace armor, which is distinct as of the Interstellar Operations tech progression data.

imperator

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #49 on: 25 December 2018, 20:50:43 »
I know its  months late, but thank you for all the work.  MegaMek keeps me sane while I have no internet on business trips.
Their is no problem Jump Jets and an assault class auto-cannon can't handle.