Author Topic: Changing pod configurations on Clan omni vehicles  (Read 1455 times)

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Changing pod configurations on Clan omni vehicles
« on: 05 October 2018, 16:47:54 »
Ok to note I am a few versions behind on 0.43.8-RC2
I was able to buy a few Badger Omni tanks to move my Battle armor around. 
I don't usually bother changing the configs but I can see if I right click on one in the hangar and select customize and go to choose configuration I can see the other configurations and do an A class reconfig to change the pods. 

However recently I immobilized and captured a Badger C which is the original clan version of the tank, not the IS version that the Dragoons downgraded to. 
However when I try to customize that in the hangar I see no other configurations to switch to. 

I think the cause of this is that I have purchase clan stuff turned off. 
Because of that I never see clan mechs show up if I go to purchase units menu. 
I think something similar is going on here that clan configurations are not showing up. 
However I don't see why being unable to purchase clan stuff would prevent me from doing a pod swap or even a conversion if I had the equipment in my stores. 

Am I doing something wrong to do pod swaps? 
Did this get dealt with in a future update and I just need to move to a newer version? 
Is there a workaround? 
Or do I need to put in a bug report? 

Thanks all. 

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: Changing pod configurations on Clan omni vehicles
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2018, 17:16:12 »
At this point you're best to test it on more current version.  That version is from February and their have been lots of changes since then.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2018, 17:23:37 »
Yeah I need to update but I was worried the save files wont work on the newer versions and this version has been ok with no major bugs that I have noticed so I hadn't gotten around to it

I'll update and see if I still have the issue. 

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2018, 17:45:37 »
 You have to have Clan stuff enabled to make changes and repair it. I was stumped for a bit a while back about why I could not make a custom configuration even though I have all the avail weapons already. You still have to enable the ability to buy Clan equip even though your buying nothing.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2018, 18:38:32 »
Yeah I need to update but I was worried the save files wont work on the newer versions and this version has been ok with no major bugs that I have noticed so I hadn't gotten around to it

I'll update and see if I still have the issue.

Just keep copies of the save games, cpnx, and any custom units.  Set up the new version in it's own folder.  If you have issues you can always roll back.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2018, 19:33:43 »
We try pretty hard to make sure MekHQ continues to load campaign files saved from older versions, so it should be fine going forward. I'm not aware of any changes since then that would affect this. I'm don't have the code in front of me right now but I suspect it applies the acquision limits when presenting the alternatives for refits. You're correct that this should not affect the ability to reconfigure omnis, but from what I remember of that part of the code the fix will take a bit of work.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2018, 21:40:09 »
You're correct that this should not affect the ability to reconfigure omnis, but from what I remember of that part of the code the fix will take a bit of work.

Do you want/need me to put in a bug or enhancement request?

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #7 on: 06 October 2018, 20:14:54 »
Yes, it needs to be addressed eventually. I thought a bit more about it today and it may not be as involved as I thought, but without an open issue it's not likely to be addressed at all.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
« Reply #8 on: 07 October 2018, 13:51:32 »
962 opened for HQ when ever you can get around to it

thanks for all the hard work

Register