Author Topic: Bloody Tricentennial - Leprecon post game report  (Read 3584 times)

Freak

• Sergeant
Bloody Tricentennial - Leprecon post game report
« on: 07 March 2012, 11:41:50 »
So while Leprecon this year was disappointingly quiet we did go ahead and have some fun with our Tricentennial game. My thaks to Peter for the original concept and the help with forces and such and to Lorcan Nagle for the printing. Let me set the scene.

Brother

The Frails believe that they have defeated us, that their pathetic coalition has triumphed and that their new messiah, Stone will lead them to salvation.

The Fools.

It is time to remind them of how fragile their lives truly are, how pathetic and helpless their so-called leaders are, that they will only lead them back into the endless cycle of pointless conflict over the table scraps that was the glorious Star League.

Now, on this great anniversary, when our Founder the Sainted Jerome Blake rose to his place of leadership shall we remind that of the chaos that comes from trusting in false prophets. Your target is known to you, below is a list of facilities that are to be considered priorities, some are obvious, others will serve to reinforce the fear and sense of helplessness the Frails with experience. Beyond these you may engage targets of opportunity at your discretion.

Blake’s Will be Done.

Targets

Planetary Administration Building   (Skyscraper Map, Hex 0804)    200pts
Hospital                    (Skyscraper Map, Hex 1309)      150pts
Military C3 Center         (Military Base, Hex 0112)              150pts
Communications Relay      (Military Base, Hex 1010)              50pts
HPG                       (Military Base, Hex 1110)              100pts
Fire Station            (Downtown Map, Hex 1201)      20pts
Fuel Tanks            (Seaport Map, Hex 0409)              20pts
Power Station            (Downtown Map, Hex 1516)      60pts
Air Traffic Control Tower      (Dropport Map 1, Hex1115)      50pts
Borderless Hope Offices      (Downtown Map, Hex 0605)      75pts
Civil Defence Base         (Seaport Map, Hex 1109)              75pts.

We decided to make it a Lyran city as we had a good selection of painted minis for that.

This was the arrangement, in addition we had in place the Dusk/Dawn rules for lighting to reflect the city lights, if and when the WoB's took out the generators the rules would revert to Full Moon night except for any hexes that were on fire or adjacent to a fire.

Some of the Lyran units were deployed on-board, we used a few Steel Warrior plastics to represent a lance of Sarissa Securitymechs and a lance of Arbiters as well (aka the ritual sacrifice)

Meanwhile in a Union class dropship were two Level II's of cyber-ed up Manei Domini fanatics.

For the opening round the WoB's got the drop on the defenders and were given one free round of movement and fire, though with only 4 mechs out it wasn't too devastating.

The defenders had opted to put four full squads of Fenrir Battlearmour in the building next to the dropship and they immediately started a murderous barrage of lasers and SRM's but unfortunately for them, the attackers had the new model Union from Hex Pack Supplemental. MML bays are very nasty.

As well as making a concerted effort to collapse the building on the Battle Armour the Union also started shooting up the civilian Leopard that was on the field, meanwhile the second unit of Mechs started to emerge and went hunting for targets. A single Arbiter Securitymech made a valiant stand in front of an oncoming Vanquisher.

It was a short stand.

A barrage of fire also destroyed the first of the WoB's targets, a reinforced fuel storage depot.

As they started to make there way further into the city the defenders started to react and it wasn't long before things got scrappy.

With the local Fire Station smashed and the first hit on the Power Generator building it was starting to look like a bit of a steamroller for the Word but much of the important and high value building where still further back and safe, all the same a lance of Steiner Mediums showed up and started to get into the action.

By now half the Securitymechs have dropped but they have bought precious time as the first of the heavy hitters gets in, sadly by now the Leopard has succumbed and only a single squad of Fenrir are left though the Union has been savaged and an Avionics hit has endangered the WoB's chances of an escape.

At this point the WoB commander makes what could be a critical error, he blows the power generators plunging the whole city into darkness, not realising the effect it will have to his speed and manouverability.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/Brian_Freak/Bloody%20Tricentennial/Thelightsgoout.jpg

At the same time more Lyran reinforcements show up and the Lyran commander, outraged at the attack decides the Blakists aren't getting away and finishes their Dropship off, at the same time, the WoB's start shooting up the regional offices of Borderless Hope.

With nothing to lose the Word push forward and really start to unleash hell, with multiple Inferno Arrow IV rounds being fired from the units Anvil mech, touching off a huge conflagration in the Base when it clips a Tank Farm.

It even tries to take out a pair of closing Demolisher IIs with a round but luckily it goes wide and added to the firestorm in the base.

We had to call it soon after this but it was a lot of fun. By the end the juicy targets such as the Military C3 in the base and the Planetary Admin building and Hospital were probably going to survive, the darkness was really slowing the WoB advance and the Anvil was running out of Inferno ammo. I think the fact that we were lacking our normal WoB commander was the reason the real destruction was slow in coming, Lorcan Nagle knows how to do atrocities.  ;D
The only guarantee in life is that it ends.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Re: Bloody Tricentennial - Leprecon post game report
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2012, 07:04:51 »
Hey I did the best I could with what I had. I even recall ordering kicks into the non target Buildings in order.

Fun game.
Totally screwed myself over by not knowing the Darkness rules properly.
But hey. You Slaughter a native people and You learn!

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2012, 08:20:29 »
To be fair, when I commited that Atrocity I had a lot more weapons to play with that did explosive type damage.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2012, 22:15:20 »
Well done, guys.  Looks like you had some fun.  Where are you all at?

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2012, 02:38:21 »
We're in Dublin, Ireland.  proudly flyign the BT flag at local cons for 15-odd years and counting
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2012, 04:09:21 »
To be fair, when I commited that Atrocity I had a lot more weapons to play with that did explosive type damage.
Hey I did the best with what I had at hand. I did promise not to hit the Hospital. I figured that the amount of incoming causalities would Be more than enough to run havoc with them  >:D

I think Dropping a Building to kill some Fenrir was a Funny moment.

Never mind the Fact that the Arcangel Missed shots on the Security mechs for at least 3 turns. Which was Awesome.

Register