Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 67722 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
That’s why there is a block channel button on YouTube.

That actually works for you?

For me it seems to encourage YouTube to show me more channels like the one I just blocked.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
That’s why there is a block channel button on YouTube.

I've blocked a few personalities, they will still show up on a search because the algorithm priorities views and being obnoxious gets you views.

That said, BPL, Mechfrog and others make ignoring the pit stains of the internet easier.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2024, 00:03:38 by SteelRaven »
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

House Davie Merc

• Lieutenant
That actually works for you?

For me it seems to encourage YouTube to show me more channels like the one I just blocked.
Around a week ago I tried to block a channel that I REALLY don't ever want to see
the face of it's creator ever again.
Now instead of it coming up once in a scroll down list it comes up 3 times as well as
several similar channels.  :angry:
I don't sign in most of the time because of it.
I'm absolutely convinced that if someone came up with a truly viable alternative
to Youtube that Youtube would catastrophically fail.

Please continue with the regularly scheduled Kickstarter discussion already in progress.

Greatclub

• Captain
Please indicate to customer support which glowing glyph appears to be involved in your Action Ticket:

What font is that?

Generally happy with the shipping situation.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
What font is that?

It's the "old ones" writing from Call of Cthulu.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

BigAl100

• Recruit
Is there away I can get a list of the items i purchase for Mercenaries Kickstarter?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Is there away I can get a list of the items i purchase for Mercenaries Kickstarter?

https://battletech-mercenaries.backerkit.com/
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
New update. Recalculation and reupload could take a few weeks.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
The agenda for today's Tuesday Newsday shows we're getting a Mercenaries shipping update.

EDIT:  QML is giving them a new list on Friday.  Depending on the time we may not hear any news until Monday.  Rem says that's a lot sooner than she thought it would be.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2024, 15:10:02 by Ghaz »

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Said might know by as early as next week.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

The_Big_Red_Bear

• Master Sergeant
  • Purple Bird is Strong
    • The Big Red Youtube Channel
There are some really good channels (BigRed, BPL, Sven, MechFrog) out there so I don't think you should wholesale abandon Battletech on YouTube. There's quality lore, paint and rules material to be had. Rather, its the handful of noisy, b**chy channels that you want to cull and tell YouTube to never recommend.

You'll find different strokes are for different folks. I've had some people inform me, that my content made them hate Battletech on Youtube to such a degree that they'd never watch another video again. This person and a handful of others of course, have even more colourful language for me, it's one reason why I mostly lurk, rather than post, on almost any platform. But you'll find that everyone has different tastes, and want different things out of their youtube viewing experiences.

Yea, there are some channels that go negative of course, but even amongst the others, people's individual tastes will determine if that content is something they enjoy- or something that's just not for them.
I Am Big_Red_40TECH and so can you.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Just a quick update, I'm not seeing shipping charges yet. I seem to recall that the fulfilment company was meeting with CGL yesterday, so I do hope that went well.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
Just a quick update, I'm not seeing shipping charges yet. I seem to recall that the fulfilment company was meeting with CGL yesterday, so I do hope that went well.

According to Rem on the last Newsday, QML was sending them updated numbers Friday. Depending on when in the day they got them in and reviewed, update yesterday or on Monday.

klarg1

• Captain
I thought the Kickstarter update indicated it would be more like a couple of weeks before we got any hard information, not just one. No?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
i'm honestly not expecting anything this month. i'll be surprised if it happens next month to be honest, but next month or the one after feels more realistic than this month.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
According to Rem on the last Newsday, QML was sending them updated numbers Friday. Depending on when in the day they got them in and reviewed, update yesterday or on Monday.
I would hope that they take their time reviewing the data.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
i'm honestly not expecting anything this month. i'll be surprised if it happens next month to be honest, but next month or the one after feels more realistic than this month.
Yeah, I'm okay with taking their time, that feels right. But I suspect its going to be at least 2 months before we see shipping.
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
I doubt that, it costs Catalyst to leave the stuff in warehouses both in fees and taxes.  QML is not getting paid on the job with it sitting there either and it ties up their workforce for project already blocked in on the schedule having BT pushed back.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
its a Catch 22 though, I'm not saying they rushed things last time, but this time it needs to be triple/quadruple checked and that may take time.

Normie

• Recruit
its a Catch 22 though, I'm not saying they rushed things last time, but this time it needs to be triple/quadruple checked and that may take time.

I suspect that is why they're getting the numbers to Catalyst as quickly as they are. Re-running the quotes without the BFM box and explaining their packing method allows for Catalyst to double check them. I suspect that they are converting dimensions for each product into cubic inches and using that to determine how many packages they will need. If so then they need Catalyst to confirm things/find errors. I'm not too worried about this part of it. Between the mistake with the map pack being confused for a BFM, and the handling fees being included when they shouldn't have been. I can see the price being closer to what I expected compared to twice as much.  

I also think the quick response is good because it gives Catalyst more time to look into some of the tax issues like some people being charged sales tax when their states don't have one, and VAT issues that people reported.

TLDR: As long as Catalyst takes their time it will all work out. I think they will, so I'm not stressed although I do want my toys lol.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Of course, we also have to keep in mind that they still have two and a half months to fulfill on time. I really think things are looking great to hit that.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
I think it will be July. Which is still way better than being Wave 2.5
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

S2pidiT

• Warrant Officer
As long as the shipping charges aren't insane, and packages start arriving within the next few months, I'll be happy.

Charistoph

• Major
As long as the shipping charges aren't insane, and packages start arriving within the next few months, I'll be happy.

And the sooner they arrive the happier we'll be.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

S2pidiT

• Warrant Officer
And the sooner they arrive the happier we'll be.
Of course! I was just sticking with the current topic, while also TAGging the thread for myself. :D

I'm not sure what I'm most looking forward to getting from the KS. Maybe the Union DropShip, or Somerset Strikers, or the Clan Direct Fire Star. Or maybe Yet More Dice and a dice tray...

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
An extra month is fine with me -- it's not like I don't have enough minis to paint already. (He says, looking guiltily at the pile of sealed boxes next to his workbench.)

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
I've long ago reached a point where I have more minis primed than painted. But I bought the UrbanMech Force Pack last week anyway...

DarkSpade

• Major
I've long ago reached a point where I have more minis primed than painted. But I bought the UrbanMech Force Pack last week anyway...

I'm jealous that you've even primed that many.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
Backer update #87, posted a couple of hours ago:

Hey there backers!

QML has been busy recalculating shipping charges with correct weights, and for backers that previously did not have shipping charges, your shipping will be estimated in a second wave. We will continue to keep you updated on the progress as we move forward!

For any backers concerned with taxes, we're currently exploring how state/regional taxes affect our campaign bundles and how to better optimize this.

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Charistoph

• Major
An extra month is fine with me -- it's not like I don't have enough minis to paint already. (He says, looking guiltily at the pile of sealed boxes next to his workbench.)

Ehh, I just finished my last batch, and I could definitely use the 28 tanks coming in my order for the Operation Revival campaign started at the beginning of the year. 

May through July will Be Von Strang's World in the Periphery, with after that starting the First Wave.  I might need/want to do another Trial of Position between that, though.  No one is officially a Star Captain (usually run with up to a Binary) or even a Star Commander.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Register