Author Topic: Divided we fall  (Read 4992 times)

traitorer

• Recruit
Divided we fall
« on: 20 May 2020, 13:18:40 »
Ok lafies and gents. I'm interested in this book and have picked it up on my kindle. What I was wondering is it part of a series that I should read first or is it a stand alone book?  Any help appreciated.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
Re: Divided we fall
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2020, 14:03:01 »
Pretty much stand alone. Though the argument could be made for reading "Redemption Rift" and at least a passing familiarity with the "Shattered Fortress" sourcebook, but that's only background stuff. The story can be enjoyed all on its own.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2020, 15:25:50 »
The original story is linked to the Shattered Fortress source book, where the event was just a foot note. Mr. Pardoe gave it wings.  I suspect this is one the linked stories leading to the new Era. I won't call it a series unless mr. Pardoe makes sequel to it with the Dragoons fighting for the Empire against the Falcons.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2020, 18:38:01 »
It was a shorter Highlander Gambit with some roles reversed which means Alaric is the Sun-Tzu role. Overall, there needed to be some further resolution with an epilogue, but you only have so many pages with this format.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2020, 21:15:09 »
The original story is linked to the Shattered Fortress source book, where the event was just a foot note. Mr. Pardoe gave it wings.  I suspect this is one the linked stories leading to the new Era. I won't call it a series unless mr. Pardoe makes sequel to it with the Dragoons fighting for the Empire against the Falcons.

I will be really disappointed if we don't get that novel.  It would be leaving money on the table to not make that book

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2020, 19:04:50 »
I think the build up for the novel about the fight for terra between wolves/falcon and stone going to be the most anticipated

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2020, 06:53:29 »
I will be really disappointed if we don't get that novel.  It would be leaving money on the table to not make that book
Everything Mr. Pardoe mentioned in his last post on his blog suggests the adventure continues in the full-novel coming up in the ilClan novel related book. I don't get impression it's going exclusively just bout the Dragoons however.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register