Author Topic: Inner Sphere at a Glance download?  (Read 3541 times)

TechNY

• Recruit
Inner Sphere at a Glance download?
« on: 02 September 2012, 18:21:26 »
Hello all,

I just purchased the Sword and Dragon Starterbook (PDF format from DriveThruRPG) and on page 11 of the book (which is 13 of the PDF) it says you "can download the Inner Sphere at a Glance book for free at www.classicbattletech.com." Unfortunately I am unable to find this anywhere on that site in my research so far. Would anyone have a direct link please?

Thanks!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Inner Sphere at a Glance download?
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2012, 18:31:58 »
I'm fairly certain this is what you're looking for.

http://bg.battletech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/BattleTechUniverseGuide.pdf

Addendum: Yup.  It's the right book.  The cover has been changed in the linked PDF.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2012, 18:35:12 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

TechNY

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2012, 18:45:45 »
Many thanks!

TechNY

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 02 September 2012, 21:42:56 »
Hello again,

I have downloaded the "Battletech Universe" document and reviewed it side-by-side with the Inner Sphere at a Glance from a Box Set. These documents are similar in some ways, but not the same. The obvious differences:

1. The front material (fiction) is different.
2. There is not a "Mission Types" section at all.
3. There is no Thor or Loki description.

There are, of course, myriad other formatting and graphical differences but many of the unmentioned "meat" sections seem to be the same - at least at the level of headings and subheadings.

It would be nice to have the "Inner Sphere at a Glance" in PDF form as the Sword and Dragon PDF references.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2012, 05:09:43 »
I'd nee to check to be 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain the downloadable version is the correct document as referred to in Starterbook: Sword and Dragon. 

SB:S&D was released at the same time as the prior edition of the Introductory Box set. 

The Inner Sphere at a glance book was changed for the 25th anniversary box set, which post-dates the starterbooks by years.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Register