Author Topic: 1st Megarez Marauders: 3025 Timbiqui Campaign  (Read 2425 times)

Farmer

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Pilot of Derpy
1st Megarez Marauders: 3025 Timbiqui Campaign
« on: 18 May 2014, 18:39:24 »
(So, we're running a campaign set on Timbiqui in 3025 here locally, with each player fielding a 12000 point company.  I figured I'd keep a running battle report of it and put together a Field Manual/Report of the company with accompanying fiction for each skirmish.  For those curious, the basic premise is that pirates have decided to try and take Timbiqui in the chaos surrounding the build-up to the Fourth Succession war, and the planet has called in pretty much every available merc it can get it's hands on.  This first report is structured like a news report put out by the MRB.)

MRB News Flash:
The 1st Megarez Marauders, responding to emergency summons from the local government, won a hard fought victory against a lance of pirates in the plains of Timbiqui this afternoon. Wanting to present a strong face to the pirates Commander Lucy McCready dropped with her command lance in a blazing show of force.

The Marauders report zero fatalities on their part, but two of their mechs were downed in the melee. Ensign Roxie Mason was taken to a hospital where reports say she's stable and conscious, with a shattered pelvis. Her Rifleman,Kentucky Repeater, sustained damage to the gyro and engine, and was left on the field while the Marauders pushed forward. First Ranker Amy Noriega is also being treated for severe burns and two shattered vertebrae sustained when her Locust took an ammo hit to the LRM bin, coring the mech.

"The med team is confident she'll be back in fighting trim in no time. We got her in as soon as we cut her out of the 'mech, so they were able to stabilize her early," Said McCready, answering questions while techs ran diagnostics on her Marauder. McCready herself had minor buns and two broken fingers, testifying to the ferocity of the skirmish. First Ranker Tomas Reid also escaped any major injuries in the fighting.

The 1st Meg did not report the field conditions of the Marauder and the Zeus that took the field today, but the Marauder was clearly down most if's armor, and one of the targeting pods appeared to have taken a direct hit from an AutoCannon. The Zeus appeared to still be capable of fighting, but also appeared to be down most of its armor.

When asked about her feelings on the mission, McCready stated that she was pleased with the company's performance. McCready claimed the kill shot on the pirate's commander, Phil Mason earning the 1st Meg a hefty bonus and reminding everyone how she earned the nickname Lucy McEvil. We'll see how that impacts their progress and drive in the coming engagements.

The ongoing struggle on Timbiqui appears to be intensifying as more and more mercenary companies are being brought in from off planet to support the government forces. We also have reports that Lord Gunther Wendt has survived an attempt on his life and may be joining the struggle. While the conflict is bad news for investors, it appears to be a good time to be a great time to be a mercenary. For ongoing coverage, check your local MRB rep.

This is Adept VII-Sigma, Farrelly Neu on Timbiqui for the MRB signing out.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2014, 18:43:53 by Farmer »
We have a mascot.  His name is Derpy, and he's a Locust.  With a dunce cap.

Farmer

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Pilot of Derpy
Re: 1st Megarez Marauders: 3025 Timbiqui Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2014, 22:20:28 »
Breaking News:
The 1st Megarez Marauders drove off another band of priates in the plains of the fourth continent again today, this time claiming three 'mechs as salvage and sustaining no casualties. Earlier I had a chance to speak with the commander of the company, Commander Lucinda McCready, and she has been very pleased with her company, thus far. I'll have a full interview with her later this evening, once all the field information has finalized.

For now, however, I was able to secure an interview with Ensign Susanna Strong, the field commander from today's engagement, while she was recovering from a fractured wrist sustained when her Centurion took a massive hit from a pirate Archer. Lance Corporal Alexi Farmer was also present, recuperating from burns he received when an enemy Crusader punched his Locust and managed to damage his engine.

[Transcript of interview from earlier in the day; Interviewer Farrelly Neu]

Neu: First, I'd like to congratulate you on your success today. It's not often that a unit manages to not only bring back all of it's units, but also three mostly in-tact enemy units as well.

ESN Strong: Thank you very much. All in all, it was a good fight we had out on the plains today. We functioned as a well oiled machine, each pilot doing their jobs and working together nicely. We did have to change things up a bit, so there was a little bit of grinding at each other early on. But I couldn't have been more pleased with my people.

LCPL Farmer: Yeah. Good fight. Stupid pirates. It took 'em long enough to realize the inevitable.

Neu: You sound like you were confident in the end result from the start. Looking at the results from the first engagement across the planet, however, wasn't this skirmish more risky? The other mercenaries on planet haven't seen the same kid of success as yourselves and the Obann Ceithern.

Strong: I wouldn't say so, no. An earlier fly-over by one of our Leopards showed their unit strength was lower than ours, and, of course, we did manage to kill their commander in the first skirmish against their forces. That was definitely a major mental victory.. No one beats the Strike company. Th trick is in the training. We train in four rootating groups of three, so that we can toss together lances on the fly. With [Command Sergeant] Amir [Ratliff] out there as a second in command, we ensured that both lances had solid commanders who knew what their people were capable of.

Neu: You also offered the enemy several chances to retire the field in exchange for hardware. Any reason for that? It can't be popular with planetary leaders.

Strong: Look, shots fired is equipment damaged and ammo spent. No one wins. And fighting to the death only spurs the enemy into making rash decisions. Treat with them fairly and you're less likely to have a mess when you finally chase them off, and there's more profit in it for you in the long run. The commander supports my decision, and it's turned out to be profitable for us this engagement. If the planetary authorities object to our methods, they can break our contract and we'll head off. We don't have to be here.

Farmer: Yup. If you've never hit the field in a light, you don't really have any true understanding of the terror 'mech pilots face. It's great to see our names paraded as heroes all over the vids, but man. Some days it isn't worth it. I mean, look. I have second and thir degree burns on about ten percent of my body today from one punch. Avoiding combat? That's something we should all aim for. Also, hearts and minds and all of that.

Neu: What's the operation status of your mechs? I saw the Blue Moon when they brought her in, and by all accounts Derpy is in pretty bad shape, too.

Strong: Both are getting repaired at the moment. Blue Moon is hanging on by a thread, but definitely repairable. Derpy? Well, Derpy is Derpy. He's been cored, legged, had his wings clipped, drowned, and buried before. We always rebuild him.

Neu: You brought up your injuries. How are you doing? Will you be able to continue fighting, or will you be joining the injury roster with Ensign Mason and First Ranker Noriega?

Strong: We're both cleared for duty after a nights' rest. The med team wants me to take it easy on the wrist, but it's nothing game changing for me. Alexi here just has flesh wounds. Some antibiotic salve and check-ups to make sure the bad areas are healing. Otherwise, we're good to go.

Neu: That's good to hear. When I spoke to Commander McCready earlier, she said that the other two pilots' conditions were improving. Have you been to visit them?

Farmer: Yeah. Roxie's mad as Hell, but they rebuilt her pelvis this morning. She won't be very mobile for a coupla months, though. They're patching Amy up, too. They've imaged her back, and it sounds like they're going to make her some new bones outta metal or something. They're telling us six months or so, with another six months of therapy. She says two and two. We'll see.

Neu: That's good to hear. I find it interesting that your company tends to only really use ranks externally. Is that a choice, an order, or just insubordination?

Strong: It's no secret that we're all ex-military. In fact, it's actually required to join the unit. Many of us are also from Canopus. Again, no secret. So we tend to be more laid back to begin with, and since higher ranks are often bought, we never took the officers that seriously. Am I proud to be an Ensign? Yes. Am I really that different from our Sergeants? Nah. We fight and die together. That's the only bar we need to overcome.

[Star Corporal Fran Baker comes on-screen and whispers in ESN Strong's ear]

Strong: Well, it was a pleasure talking to you, but the commander wants our reports filed ASAP. Time and tide stop for no man (or woman), particularly when they involve millions of dollars worth of equipment.

Neu: Thank you for your time, Ensign. Lance Corporal. Hopefully you continue to push the pirates off-planet. It seems that the mercenaries around the planet have been following your example, too.

We were able to get some follow up information from the Marauders, and it would appear that the company has decided to leave the two pilot spots open for now, but otherwise plans to be fully operational again within the next week. For the MBR, this is Adept VII-Sigma, Farrelly Neu on Timbiqui. Signing out.
We have a mascot.  His name is Derpy, and he's a Locust.  With a dunce cap.

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 12 August 2014, 00:04:35 »
So any up dates on this group?

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2014, 09:20:27 »
yeah
how did I miss this one?
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker