Author Topic: Rim Worlds Military and the Liberation  (Read 1182 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Rim Worlds Military and the Liberation
« on: 04 May 2018, 07:41:55 »
Did any RAM units join the SLDF or did they all stay loyal to the Usurper?

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
Re: Rim Worlds Military and the Liberation
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2018, 10:14:23 »
Doesn't seem to have been much of a thing for the units that actually went to the Hegemony with Amaris, the Patriot units notwithstanding. I can think of an instance of AEAF troops on Venus working with the SLDF, but that was more of a "for survival" thing.

The units left behind to defend the Rim Worlds Republic itself, however, saw decent numbers defect to the SLDF, though probably not the units belonging to Imperial Division Tadeo Amaris. There was something of a civil conflict that happened as all the long-suppressed elements of anti-Amaris sentiment emerged to fight the loyalists, including within RWA units themselves.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2018, 10:16:38 by Crimson Dynamo »
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
Re: Rim Worlds Military and the Liberation
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2018, 11:42:26 »
First Succession War actually addresses this a bit.  Some did, indeed, go along with the SLDF and even out with Kerensky.   Others stayed behind and became Mercs, Pirates, or part of regular House Militaries.

A few more probably stuck it out on the few groups that tried to restore the Rim Worlds in some fashion and died with them,

I'm also expecting one or two of those hidden worlds?  Well, it might not be just the Clans out there somewhere?