Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 68305 times)

mechasaurus

• Sergeant
They've zeroed out my shipping order on backerkit.

Fun stuff!

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
Oh, don't worry.  Rest assured that people can still complain.

I'm seeing it already. Problem addressed very quickly, and I still see "Yeah, but CGL, but, but, but..." I actually left a Facebook group because of it. I'm done with people like that.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.

Fun stuff!

Just noticed that. Working on the problem, that is a good thing.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Ghaz

• Lieutenant

Fun stuff!

Mine was there earlier today and now has been zeroed out as well  :smilie_happy_thumbup:

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
They've zero'd my shipping, but the tax calulation is still charging VAT on the whole order even though books are zero-rated for UK VAT. I've fired off a message but I suspect it's buried amongst thousands of others so I'll just work on my patience some more.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
I'm seeing it already. Problem addressed very quickly, and I still see "Yeah, but CGL, but, but, but..." I actually left a Facebook group because of it. I'm done with people like that.

Facebook is the worst place for BattleTech fans, and I'll leave it at that.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
It's worth remembering that with one of the main Eastern Seaboard ports closed to maritime traffic for a good long while to come still, there's a ripple effect to be felt- even if the ship with the Battletech stock on it isn't bound for Baltimore itself (I wouldn't know), ships that WERE heading there are being rerouted to places like Philadelphia, Boston, Savannah, etc.- and that means delays. So if things slip by a bit, please do keep in mind that some things are simply outside Catalyst's control.

Baltimore is already opening back up to smaller ships from what I understand.  The main channel is still fubar, the weight of the bridge driving lower portions down into the suction of the muck.

From my understanding Baltimore isn't on the short list of the largest US ports,

One of the top 5 from what I heard.  Port of LA of course being the big one.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
Refunds are being issued to those that paid early

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Even though I wasn't really upset at my shipping charge, it is now showing as zeroed out on BackerKit. I am fully satisfied with CGL's response so far.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
113 dollars for taxes ain't too bad from my perspective and the shipping's 0 dollars
« Last Edit: 03 April 2024, 22:18:07 by Sapphirus »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
My shipping also zero, and tax at 10% which is Aussie gst standard. Not expecting shipping to Aus to remain zero,  though.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

riposte

• Corporal
My shipping also zero, and tax at 10% which is Aussie gst standard. Not expecting shipping to Aus to remain zero,  though.
Same. Hopefully it ends up the same, or less than we had.

ISD

• Master Sergeant
    • Project Mumblings
Oh nice, my shipping got zeroed too. I'm definitely not complaining even if it was less than 40€ to begin with. Can't do much more than complain about the VAT, though, but such is life :cheesy:

//edit: no, I don't expect free shipping :D I just hope it doesn't climb up from what it used to be :D

Facebook is the worst
Gently off topic but I absolutely agree :smiley:
« Last Edit: 04 April 2024, 01:35:50 by ISD »
Clan Jade Falcon
Gamma Galaxy
3rd Falcon Talon Cluster

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Folks, shipping will NOT remain at zero. We're reporting that it got zeroed only to show that progress is being made. We WILL be paying for shipping, we're just waiting on the corrected numbers.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
What I expected, so no worries.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Folks, shipping will NOT remain at zero. We're reporting that it got zeroed only to show that progress is being made. We WILL be paying for shipping, we're just waiting on the corrected numbers.
makes complete sense. you'd think people would understand that without having to be told.
leaving the inaccurate data up on backerkit would just make the situation worse

ISD

• Master Sergeant
    • Project Mumblings
I'm just curious to see what it ends up being, my original surprise was that shipping to this corner of EU didn't even crawl up to 50, I'm not used to that :cheesy: And to be clear I'll edit my previous post azn
Clan Jade Falcon
Gamma Galaxy
3rd Falcon Talon Cluster

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
makes complete sense. you'd think people would understand that without having to be told.

As someone who works in hospitality, I can safely say: Things you would think would make sense to people? Generally don't.
"Why is the beach closed? There were only 5 people eaten by sharks on this very stretch of beach yesterday..."
"Why would inaccurate shipping prices be removed until accurate ones can be posted and charged?"

"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

mechasaurus

• Sergeant
Facebook is the worst place for BattleTech fans, and I'll leave it at that.

Never heard of YouTube, I take it?   :grin:

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
Just chiming in to confirm that my shipping has also been zeroed out for now.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
Mine has been zeroed too. Lets see how much it is in the end. Still have about 150$ VAT, but that is another thing.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Mine has been replaced with that symbol Prince used to use. I'm not really sure what it means.  :shocked:
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Mine has been replaced with that symbol Prince used to use. I'm not really sure what it means.  :shocked:

Please indicate to customer support which glowing glyph appears to be involved in your Action Ticket:
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Wolf72

• Captain
Please indicate to customer support which glowing glyph appears to be involved in your Action Ticket:

damnnabbit ... where's the like button when you need one!  :smilie_happy_thumbup:
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Charistoph

• Major

What I find interesting is that it seems that there were so many who were assuming that it was otherwise. 

When people were talking about their shipping being zeroed out, I checked, and confirmed mine, and just assumed that it was clearing the old data in preparation for the new.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

mechasaurus

• Sergeant

When people were talking about their shipping being zeroed out, I checked, and confirmed mine, and just assumed that it was clearing the old data in preparation for the new.

Stand by for people looking at the new number and complaining it's not zero!

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
I figured that if I paid it now when it was 0, I'd be good and  wouldn't have to pay more if it went up again

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Never heard of YouTube, I take it?   :grin:

I use YouTube daily, but over the last decade+ I have very carefully beaten it to never show me anything related to certain topics. BattleTech is one of those topics.

Rob Bendig

• Private
I use YouTube daily, but over the last decade+ I have very carefully beaten it to never show me anything related to certain topics. BattleTech is one of those topics.

There are some really good channels (BigRed, BPL, Sven, MechFrog) out there so I don't think you should wholesale abandon Battletech on YouTube. There's quality lore, paint and rules material to be had. Rather, its the handful of noisy, b**chy channels that you want to cull and tell YouTube to never recommend.

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
That’s why there is a block channel button on YouTube.

Register