Author Topic: ZOOMER with fluff  (Read 2007 times)

dead meat

• Recruit
ZOOMER with fluff
« on: 26 June 2011, 05:12:23 »
   This was designed using combat vehicle  rules. The new system rules might alter the statistics. If this causes you problems,I apologize. I have been writing the fluff over the course of several years. Thoughts and opinions would be very appreciated.

Zoomer
Mass:5tn.
Movement Type: Hover
Power Plant: GM 75 Fusion((GM Talcott))
Cruising speed: 248KPH
Flank Speed: 378KPH
Armor:None
Armament:None
Manufacturer: Blackwell Heavy Industries
                       General Motors/ Roth Hover Designs
Primary Factory:Outreach
Communications System:Dalbon Starlink II
Type                     Fusion
Cruising MP          23(12)
Flank     MP          35(18)
Control Equipment           .5
Lift Equipment                  .5
               Wolf's Dragoons realized the best way to utilyze their battlearmor required rapid deployment. They didn't always have enough aircraft or dropships for this purpose. So the Zoomer was developed to optomize movement.
Capabilities
                   Zoomers were originally designed to carry a battlearmor point of five suits(up to 1000kg each). The communication system supplies the link between individual suits and higher headquarters. G.M.'s fusion engine can charge the suit's power packs while carring them at full speed.  These transports must have come to a full stop, before it can load/unload the troops.
Deployment
                   The Zoomer was sold by Blackwell, from 3055 until its Outreach facilities were destroyed in December of 3067. GM/RHD manufactured the squad carrier under license since 3059. In 3069 it added the point carrier to its line. Customer's for the point carrier include/included clans Diamond Shark, Ghost Bear, Nova Cat(thru the Draconis Combine) and Wolves in Exile(thru Arc-Royal). Notable mercenary purchasers were The Raging
Horde and Wolf's Dragoons.  The squad carrier built by Blackwell was sold to the Capellan Confederation, Comstar, Draconis Combine, Free Worlds League, Free Rasalhague Republic, and mercenaries such as Blue Star Irregulars, Kell Hounds and MobileFire. Under the agreement GM could only sell to the Federated Commanwealth(later the Federated Suns and Lyran Alliance), St. Ives Compact and mercenaries.
Variants
              GM designed and built a squad model. These carried and provided communications for four suits(1000kg each). It was so successful that Blackwell began producing this type. When Blackwell caught the Capellans trying to reverse engineer it with an internal combustion engine, it cancelled all agreements. This is a main reason the confederation needs to use Blizzards to transport its armored infantry. Rumors of Blackwell developing a light fusion model have come to nothing, since the razing of Outreach.

Khan Jade Wolf

• Master Sergeant
  • Ut faciem venti bellum
Re: ZOOMER with fluff
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2011, 14:37:53 »
You Could call it Battle Armour Deployment Vehicle BAD-V1!

Sorry that it comes out as a bit of a pun, not ment to bed. But it does fit the vehicle.  It is a bad thing to have used against you as the Battle armour hits you faster!

I like it and it would make perfect vehicle for Infantry Mercs!
Semper paratus !
Praesto Novastar defendere!

dead meat

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2011, 19:17:27 »
  Thank you. I believe this was the point of the author of "Wolf Pack". I tried to be faithful to the concept. Later, I will add some notable pilots from our campain.

Khan Jade Wolf

• Master Sergeant
  • Ut faciem venti bellum
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2011, 22:33:00 »
KK well it was a thought!

It has been awhile since i read the Wolf Pack!
Semper paratus !
Praesto Novastar defendere!

dead meat

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2011, 03:56:37 »
 I forgot to mention it should be used behind the lines. Despite its speed, it has no armor.
________________________________________---
Notable pilots
                      Tueller was born in the Free Rasalhague Republic before the Ghost Bears conquered it. In his off hours he raced hover craft. During a particularly dangerous contest, he attracted the attention of Star Colonel Sarah Kabrinski. Looking for pilots for an experimental Zoomer Unit, she recruited him. He has delivered elementals of the Second Claw, even while under fire, in actions against the Blakists, the Draconis Combine and the Wolves.
                     Sgt. Thomas Ruger had his hearing ruined by service in Hansen's Roughriders' infantry. He was reassigned to the transport section. Volunteering for the Zoomers, he soon became the best pilot. The speedy deployment even caught the Word of Blake liaison, to the taurians, off guard. This allowed the Roughriders to disable the Tamoon Canyon traps and capture their supply stockpiles, during the Electra campain.

Register