Author Topic: The Quest, Part 2  (Read 178185 times)

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Re: The Quest, Part 2
« Reply #30 on: 10 March 2019, 15:13:43 »
:toofunny:
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #31 on: 10 March 2019, 15:27:09 »
Teddy Roosevelt "walk softly and carry a BIG stick!"
Victor S-D "Boom!"
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 10 March 2019, 15:36:50 »
I knew that WOB would off Jeffery Calderon, and shocking that Grover Shraplen would be his replacement.. 
I didn't see this Sean O'Reilly, being shot down by his son Julius O'Reilly...  Because in my view he did what his son would have done or damm close.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 10 March 2019, 15:43:14 »
i just hope that the WoB do not get any people on those "inspection" teams and try to seal a few from any yards around the IS.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 10 March 2019, 16:37:16 »
I wonder how many people the MAS are going to give heart palpitations to. >:D
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 10 March 2019, 17:16:11 »
 Okay, be prepared, I took Sean O'Reilly one way to make things a bit more interesting, so be ready for Julius to be a bit different than canon.

There really was no one else to stick in Taurian except Grover.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 10 March 2019, 18:50:41 »
 1 March 3063
         Mackolla

Duke Scott Mitchell and all the new people had finally arrived home. As everyone disembarked from the Dropships, Scott led Twyla down the dropship ramp. "Welcome to Mackolla, my home Twyla." She looked around at the bustle of the Space Port, she had spent some time looking out the Dropship windows during the trip to the planet and had seen more ships than even Clan Nova Cat seemed to have. The few times she had ventured to the Dropships bridge, she had seen the ships plot board full of names and designations that had seemed to fill the space around this planet.

"It is a beautiful planet Scott. I still have work to do though." Twyla said

"Let's get everyone and ourselves settled in today, tomorrow I will show you our main hospital. I promise you will get back to work really soon. Today, how about just letting me show you around some." Scott said

"Okay, today will be your day, tomorrow I begin work." Twyla said

Scott caught sight of Galaxy Commander Helmer, Marshal Daly and good old George making their way towards him. After Scott had introduced everyone to Twyla, he looked at Galaxy Commander Helmer.

"I bring you a present Helmer. Clan Nova Cat gifted me 2 full Clusters. Plus they have vowed to make replacements available to maintain them at full strength as we need them. One is fully outfitted with Omni Mechs and Omni Fighters, the other is using second line mechs and regular fighters. Let's make sure we get that Cluster fully outfitted with Omni Mechs as soon as we can." Scott caught the look that passed between Helmer and Daly "Okay, spill what is wrong."

Galaxy Commander Helmer spoke up "It is the Cluster gifted to us by Wolf in Exile. It is filled with hard core Crusaders and trouble makers. We have had some trouble with them. I think we have it mainly under control, but I have my doubts about them. I have roughly 22 that I have pegged as major risks. 5 Mechwarriors, 2 Aerospace Pilots and 15 Elementals. I am not sure we can reform these people. I have been waiting on your return before making a decision on how to handle them."

"So, Khan Kell culled his forces and sent us his dregs. We should have known it would happen. Hell, we have reformed Jaguars for pete's sake." Scott said

"That had spent years being mistreated in a Combine prison camp. These were taken as Isorla on the field of battle. Quite a different situation Scott." Helmer said, then a voice came from behind him.

"Break them up, we take the trouble makers and put them in our Clusters. Let us deal with them." Star Colonel Bill Leroux said, beside him was Star Colonel Sara Demarque who nodded in agreement

"Galaxy Commander Helmer, this is Star Colonel Bill Leroux, commander of the 6th Nova Cat Regulars and this is Star Colonel Sara Demarque, commander of the 57th Nova Cat Regulars." Scott said

"You have grown soft Galaxy Commander Helmer during your time amongst the people of the Inner Sphere. There is nothing wrong with that, we will become the same in time, but for now, we are still Clan Nova Cat of the Clans. We will take the troublemakers off your hands. If they do not conform, we will request replacements and any that are still alive we will transfer back to Clan Nova Cat to deal with." Star Colonel Sara Demarque said

Galaxy Commander Helmer stiffened at being called soft, but he knew Star Colonel Demarque was right. He had grown soft during his time with the MDF. Back during his Clan Jade Falcon days, he would have just shot the offenders and been done with it. Helmer just nodded before speaking "You are correct, I am no longer a true Jade Falcon. On the field of battle, I am a Falcon, but when not on the field, I have grown soft. The troublemakers are yours Star Colonels, deal with them as you see fit. Now, let us see to your people and get them into quarters. We will officially meet at 9am tomorrow morning and we will who goes where." Helmer turned to Scott "Glad to have you back Scott, nice to meet you Twyla. I will return to my duties now."

When Galaxy Commander Helmer had walked off followed by the 2 Nova Cat Star Colonels, Marshal Daly spoke "It has been eating Helmer up. Neither he nor Honos could break thru to them. He tried shifting them into the other Clusters, but it caused more problems. Since they arrived, 8 of them have been killed in fights. These last 22 are the hard core ones. He pulled them from combat duty and has had them restricted to barracks and mess hall. He pulled the last warriors from the lower caste folks to replace them with. They hate those not Trueborn with a passion, to a person. I suggested shooting the lot of them as an example."

"That bad huh?" Scott said as he thought over the situation

"Yeah Scott, it has been that bad. The 73rd Striker Cluster is on a few hit lists, both amongst my 6th Davion Guards and amongst your other Clusters. The Cluster commander seems okay, served with Helmer a long time ago, most have given their vow to conform, Rede, whatever. But these last ones refuse, have said they would rather die than conform." Marshal Daly said

"Okay, we will let the Nova Cats sort them out. George, your getting old in the tooth, ready to retire yet?" Scott said

"Not yet, I have a full staff now that does the daily stuff. My heart is in decent shape, or so the doctors tell me, but I am still ground restricted." George said

Twyla spoke up this time "I would like to examine your medical file and then examine you myself if I may. Maybe our medical procedures can help return you to full duty." George cast Twyla a look and then looked at Scott

"She is a neuro doctor, she is the one that fixed my head so I can pilot mechs again. They can do stuff that our doctors cannot. She is leading the team that will upgrade our major hospitals to their specifications and train our doctors in how to use the new stuff etc." Scott explained

"If she can return me to working in space, even part time, I will be a very happy old man." George said

"Scott, before we take you home, shouldn't we see to Twyla here and her quarters?" Marshal Daly asked

"Uh, Twyla will be staying with me. We sort of have a relationship." Scott said

"We are in love. That is what he means to say." Twyla said with that smile that melts hearts

"Well, all right then. I must say, it is about time. But you saved yourself for the perfect one Scott. She is quite a catch." George hooted

They all piled into the awaiting ground car and headed off for Scott's home, one they suspected he would nor spend much more time in.

New Avalon

Archon Prince Victor Steiner Davion was behind his desk looking over intel reports forwarded to him. The first concerned the death of Jeffery Calderon. MIIO was pretty sure it had been an assassination but could not prove it. The new ruler Grover Shraplen was best buddies with Jeffery's father. One of the old guard had returned. MIIO suspected that he would attempt to roll back some of the reforms Jeffery had begun.

The next concerned the death of Sean O'Reilly at the hands of his son Julius O'Reilly. Where Sean had renounced his old ways and had even begun outlawing slavery, his son Julius had reenacted the right to own slaves and was, according to MIIO and Star League ROM beginning a robust and ambitious plan to enlarge the Marian Hegemony Armed Forces.

Shit, this is going to screw up the voting pattern in the High Council again. Well, in a few months, we will see how bad it is going to get.

Right now, Victor focused on the upcoming Operation Neutered Jaguar. 2 Months until it kicked off. Already most of the forces were in theater and would move to their jump off points just prior to the operations start date.

Transfer Facility 4

Khan Lincoln Osis had finally gotten close to his occupation zone. 3 more months and he would be back and could prepare to destroy the Draconis Combine once and for all. He was assigning the 5th Jaguar Dragoons Cluster and 315th Battle Cluster to Tau Galaxy and that would bring it up to 5 full Clusters.

He had reactivated Pi Galaxy and assigned it the 63rd Jaguar Regulars, 43rd Jaguar Battle, 22nd Jaguar Regulars, 75th Jaguar Assault and 145th Jaguar Regulars Clusters.

The last Cluster, the 304th Jaguar Battle Cluster he had slated to Epsilon Galaxy.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 10 March 2019, 21:16:33 »
 15 March 3063
         Mackolla

Duke Scott Mitchell took a little time off from his paperwork to play on the target range. He was riding a Summoner D today. He really enjoyed the added accuracy from the targeting computer. The only reason he was able to slip away was that while he was away, a huge number of FedCom civil servants had arrived in the Outer March and were taking on the brunt of settling the new settlers that seemed to arrive weekly.

As he approached the first target range, he stopped his Summoner and watched the Nova Cat Trinary absolutely destroying the target range. His computer tagged one as a Nova Cat Omni Mech. He read the display, 4 CERLL and a targeting computer. Not quite as maneuverable as the Summoner, but had a bit more armor on it.Very nice, I wonder what Clan Nova Cat would take in trade for one, Scott thought to himself. He had his radio set to scan and heard "Star Captain, we have company watching."

Scott watched as the Nova Cat he had been watching turned towards him. "Duke Mitchell, I am Star Captain Leesa, 57th Nova Cat Regulars. Please join us."

Scott throttled up the Summoner to a steady pace and quickly arrived on the firing line. He had wanted the range to himself, he was still rusty and did not want to embarrass himself in public. "Duke Mitchell, we are aware that you just returned to Mech pilot status, training is how you get better. We are almost complete here, so we will move on to the next firing station." She must have sensed his hesitation at joining them on the firing line.

Star Captain Leesa moved her Trinary on to the next firing station and Scott hit his master arm. He sighted on the furthest target and fired. Both of his CERLL hit the target easily. He felt the wave of heat wash over him and then rapidly return to normal temperatures. Thank god for double heat sinks. His comm channel pinged, it was a private channel. He switched to it. "Duke Mitchell, you must train more realistic to regain what you once had. Join me on range 5." Range 5 was the full combat gauntlet. Running, shooting, jumping, everything was allowed on range 5. What the hell.

Scott hit the throttles and headed for Range 5, it was 20 kilometers and he was there in minutes. There was a single Omni Mech waiting, his computer tagged it as a Huntsman B, the computer also identified the pilot Star Colonel Bill Leroux. As he pulled up next to the Huntsman, Scott keyed his mic "Star Colonel Leroux, I expected you to ride a bigger Omni than that."

"I find it fits me very well. I have piloted one my entire career. Come, let us see how bad your skills have been degraded and return you to proper warrior status." Star Colonel Leroux responded

"Lead the way Star Colonel, I will try not to shoot you by accident." Scott attempted to joke

"Let us hope your skills have not degraded that bad. Switch your computer to training mode, for it to accept the ranges visual aids and put your wepaons on low power. Just in case." Star Colonel Leroux commanded

I asked for that, Scott thought as he made the ordered adjustments. "Ready, computer set for training mode Star Colonel."

"Then let us begin." Came the reply as the Huntsman started down the range at a quick pace. Scott throttled up the Summoner and kept pace with the smaller Omni. The first set of targets appeared and a simulated LRM barrage was launched by the indicated targets. Scott hit the jump jets almost at the same time as Star Colonel Leroux did also. Scott tracked on the targets and when his targeting reticle flashed a lock he fired, only 1 CERLL hit the target but he saw that all of Star Colonel Leroux's shots scored on his target. "You must account for your movement in a jump, aim lower on the target, your jump will place your shots more center mass."

Scott triggered the jump jets almost as soon as he landed and tried what the Star Colonel suggested, sure enough this time only 1 CERML missed the target but all the other struck home. "Much better Duke Mitchell, remember, when jumping, if your on the upward aim low, when on the down aim high."

Scott followed the Star Colonel for over 20 minutes as they raced thru Range 5. Star Colonel Leroux coached Scott all the way thru the Range. Offering tips and suggestions as they went. When they reached the end of the range, Star Colonel Leroux read off the stats "Not bad Duke Mitchell, you scored a passing 75, according to the computer. Your hit ratio was 67%, while I consider it subpar, you are rusty. Stick to Range 5 for your training."

Scott pulled up the Star Colonel's score. Shiiit, Scott thought when he saw it, Star Colonel Leroux had scored a 88 but his hit ratio was almost 95% and he was not using a damn targeting computer. Pretty sure he would have almost maxed the score if he was not wasting time waiting on me and focusing on coaching instead of running the range for real. "Thank you for the tips Star Colonel. I will take your advice and stick to Range 5 from now on. You must have had other things to do than hold my hand."

"Actually, I mounted up the moment I saw you leave the hanger bay. saKhan West asked me to get you back into fighting shape as soon as possible. Plus, to properly command Clan Warriors, you need to be as good as them or better. Even though Trials of Position are not held in this command, you have to be ready for them if they come. If you wish it, I will continue to assist you in removing that rust." Star Colonel Leroux said

"I would like that Star Colonel Leroux, it has been almost 10 years since I last drove a Mech. The rust is on hard and deep." Scott replied

"Let us head back, I will work up a training regime to get you into proper shape." Star Colonel Leroux said as he turned his Huntsman and headed back to base, Scott followed. As they headed back, Scott's comm channel lit up with a priority call, he selected it. "Scott here, what's up?"

"Sir, we just got word Merowinger was just hit by pirates, about 30 killed and 100 or so wounded, but they took a bunch of prisoners with them."

"On my way" Scott flipped the channel "Star Colonel, we need to be back asap." He then brought the Summoner to full speed. 45 minutes later he was riding the lift to the ground.

When he reached headquarters he said "Report,what do we know?"

"Merowinger was in between warship patrols sir. We had a Brigade Combat Team from the 3rd MAG on the way for garrison duty but they are still 2 weeks out when the pirates hit. Estimates put them at a combined arms Battalion." The duty officer said

"Damn pirates, I thought we cleaned them all out. Okay, I want that pirate band located. Send orders to 4th Fleet, find the pirates and then lock them down tight. They have my people prisoners so we will have to do this the hard and dirty way." Scott ordered as he turned to head home and get cleaned up. He checked his watch, 4:30, I wonder if Twyla is home yet.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #38 on: 10 March 2019, 21:47:20 »
"Pirates"... sure they are...  ::)

Scott is NOT going to let that slide...  >:D

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 11 March 2019, 01:37:34 »
 1 April 3063
       Ironhold

Khan Marthe Pryde and saKhan Samantha Clees were reforming their entire Touman. They had been very fortunate in the chaos of their return to the Home Worlds. They had claimed many Clusters and warriors during the chaos. Clan Jade Falcons Touman stood at 33 Clusters strong once again. Khan Pryde had ordered an increase in the numbers of warriors to be decanted during this rebuilding process. Currently the Falcon Touman was such:

Command

Turkina Keshik (Cluster, 3 Omni Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary)

Alpha Galaxy

1st Falcon Striker Cluster (Command Star, 2 Omni Trinary, 3 Nova Star and Elemental Star, Aerospace Trinary)
 4th Falcon Striker Cluster (3 Omni Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary)
 4th Falcon Dragoons Cluster (3 Supernova Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary)
 1st Falcon Dragoons Cluster (3 Supernova Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary)
 10th Armored Cavalry Cluster (3 Omni Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary- ex Clan Star Adder)

Beta Galaxy

1st Falcon Jaegers Cluster (3 Omni Trinary, 2 Aerospace Trinary)
 2nd Falcon Jaegers Cluster (4 Omni Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary)
 34th Falcon Striker Cluster (4 Supernova Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary- ex Clan Coyote)
 49th Falcon Battle Cluster (3 Omni Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary- ex Clan Coyote)

Delta Galaxy

2nd Falcon Assault Cavaliers Cluster (3 Omni Trinary- ex Clan Ice Hellion)
 33rd Falcon Striker Irregulars Cluster (2 Omni Trinary- ex Clan Ice Hellion)
 45th Falcon Striker Irregulars Cluster (3 Omni Trinary- ex Clan Ice Hellion)
 53rd Falcon Striker Irregulars Cluster (2 Supernova Trinary- ex Clan Ice Hellion)

Gamma Galaxy

12th Falcon Battle Cluster (2 Supernova Trinary, 1 Omni Trinary- ex Clan Fire Mandrill)
 3rd Falcon Battle Cluster (4 Omni Binary, 1 Aerospace Binary)
 2nd Falcon Velites Cluster (3 Omni Binary, 2 Elemental Binary)
 1st Falcon Velites Cluster (3 Omni Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary)
 3rd Falcon Dragoons Cluster (4 Omni Binary, 1 Elemental Binary)

Epsilon Galaxy

4th Falcon Dragoons Cluster (4 Mech Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary)
 1st Falcon Swoop Cluster (5 Omni Binary, freeborn)
 2nd Falcon Swoop Cluster (4 Omni Binary, freeborn)
 258th Falcon Garrison Cluster (3 Mech Trinary, 1 Armor Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary- ex Clan Blood Spirit)

Lambda Galaxy

74th Falcon Battle Cluster (3 Mech Binary, 2 Elemental Binary)
 22nd PGC (4 Mech Binary, 1 Fighter Binary)
 24th PGC (1 Fighter Trinary, 1 Mech Trinary, 2 Infantry Trinary)
 Lambda Solohma (6 Mech Trinary, 2 Fighter Trinary, 9 Infantry Trinary)

Sigma Galaxy

12th Falcon Talon Cluster (3 Omni Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary)
 8th PGC (4 Mech Binary, 1 Elemental Binary)
 10th PGC (2 Mech Trinary, 2 Elemental Trinary)
 73rd Cobra Guards Cluster (2 Mech Trinary, 1 Supernova Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary- ex Cloud Cobra)
 57th Cobra Guards Cluster (3 Mech Trinary, 1 Supernova Trinary- ex Cloud Cobra)
 Sigma Solohma Cluster (2 Mech Trinary, 3 Infantry Trinary)

Warships

CJF Emerald Talon- Nightlord
 CJF White Aerie- Black Lion
 CJF Frost Falco- Aegis
 CJF Blue Talon- Aegis
 CJF Black Talon- Aegis
 CJF Blue Talon- Aegis
 CJF Kerensky's Pride- Congress
 CJF Ironhold Provider- Carrack

If she had not accepted Hegira from Archon Prince Davion, Khan Marthe Pryde knew Clan Jade Falcon would have died there in the Inner Sphere. The return of several hundred warriors captured had allowed her to replace her losses to some of her damaged Clusters and keep others at full strength after their return to the Home Worlds and the new Harvest Trials she had started.

New Kent

Khan Brett Andrews was focused on making sure his Clan was strong enough to withstand a possible trial of absorption. His Touman had been savaged by the AFFC and Star League forces. He could field only 16 Cluster of troops. His Touman stood at:

Alpha Galaxy

9th Viper Guards Cluster (3 Mech Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary)
 7th Grenadier Cluster (1 Command Trinary, 1 Assault Trinary, 3 Guard Trinary- ex Goliath Scorpion)
 14th Grenadier Cluster (1 Command Trinary, 1 Assault Trinary, 3 Guard Trinary- ex Goliath Scorpion)
 27th Cruiser Cluster (3 Supernova Trinary- ex Diamond Shark)

Delta Galaxy

61st Striker Cluster (4 Omni Trinary)
 93rd Assault Cluster (3 Omni Trinary)
 104th Assault Cluster (3 Omni Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary)
 17th Crimson Guard Cluster (3 Mech Trinary, 1 Armor Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary- ex Blood Spirits)

Nu Galaxy

14th Viper Regulars (3 Omni Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary, 1 Aerospace Trinary)
 17th Viper Regulars (3 Omni Trinary)
 29th Fang (3 Mech Trinary, 1 Infantry Trinary, 1 Fighter Trinary)
 33rd Phalanx (1 Mech Trinary, 3 Infantry Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary, 1 Fighter Trinary)
 131st Phalanx (1 Mech Trinary, 3 Infantry Trinary, 1 Fighter Trinary)

Omega Galaxy

202nd Battle Cluster (3 Mech Trinary, 1 Elemental Trinary- ex Coyote)
 9th Fang (3 Mech Trinary, 1 Infantry Trinary)
 167th Phalanx (1 Mech Trinary, 3 Infantry Trinary, 1 Fighter Trinary)

Warships

CSV Steel Python- Aegis
 CSV Coiled Serpent- Vincent
 CSV Pride of New Kent- Carrack

His Clan had been gutted during the fighting in the Inner Sphere. It was just a matter of time before a Clan managed to win a vote in the Grand Council to absorb Clan Steel Viper.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #40 on: 11 March 2019, 03:15:24 »
Yep... the Vipers are definitely on the decline... I wonder who will absorb them...

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 11 March 2019, 03:16:31 »
Clan Ice Hellion  :D
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #42 on: 11 March 2019, 13:33:40 »
why dont the Vipers look to fleeing and restarting anew?  maybe approach the sharks?
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: 11 March 2019, 16:51:00 »
 Clan Steel Viper does not have a bunch of friends in Canon. It is a balancing act, how many Clans do I want heading out of the Home Worlds. I have several ideas, just not sure which way I will go yet or when. Not just for the Vipers, but others also.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #44 on: 11 March 2019, 17:49:40 »
Clan Steel Viper does not have a bunch of friends in Canon. It is a balancing act, how many Clans do I want heading out of the Home Worlds. I have several ideas, just not sure which way I will go yet or when. Not just for the Vipers, but others also.

Brett Andrews is the one who canonically got the Wars of Reaving going, isn´t he?

That sounds to me like he does not have the sort of good judgement which would tell him it´s time to leave the homeworlds.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: 11 March 2019, 20:21:06 »
 30 April 3063
         Luthien

Commanding General Cocus was in the huge command center the Draconis Combine used and had allowed the SLDF to use during Operation Neutered Jaguar. Hundreds of Regiments, almost a thousand Jumpships, Warships and thousands of Dropships stood poised to kick off the removal of Clan Smoke Jaguar.

Acting on Archon Prince Victor Steiner Davion's repeated suggestions, General Cocus had finally agreed with the risky plan. They called this plan Operation Snip. The following forces were already in motion to carry out the operation. Moving thru uninhabited systems, uncharted systems, the following forces would attempt to seize control of the furthest Clan Smoke Jaguar systems and also deploy warship patrols to prevent as many Clan Smoke Jaguar forces from fleeing the onslaught about to be released upon them.

Operation Snip

Targeted Systems

Richmond- Wolf's Dragoons Beta and Delta Regiments
  Idlewind- Wolf's Dragoons Alpha and Gamma Regiments
  Rockland- Stirling's Fusiliers, Northwind Hussars, 11th Legion of Vega, 1st Alliance Air Wing
  Schwartz- 16th Legion of Vega, 6th Ghost, 1st Federated Suns Armored Cavalry

Escorts

Wolf's Dragoons Warship Group
 1st Carrier Squadron, 2nd AFFC Fleet
 1st Battle Squadron, 2nd AFFC Fleet
 2nd Battle Squadron, 2nd AFFC Fleet

Archon Prince Davion had released a portion of the 2nd AFFC Fleet to win over Commanding General Cocus on the plan. It was the only way General Cocus would agree to the plan. Citing the already stretched warship count for Operation Neutered Jaguar. The goal was for the invasion forces to arrive at the start of the 2nd Wave, currently planned for a week after 1st Wave operations.

1 May 3063
 Operation Neutered Jaguar

The massive invasion began right on schedule, hundred of ships jumped into targeted Clan Smoke Jaguar held systems. It would be a bloody day for everyone.

Kiamba

DCS Dream of Kessel, DCS Draconis Rift, Kyushu Class Frigates and SLS Defender of Versailles, SLS Hammerstrike, Essex Destroyers leaped into the system. Finding no Jaguar warships, they called in the ground forces transports.

Tarazed

The 1st SLDF Battle Squadron leaped into the systems Zenith Jump Point and found 3 Clan Smoke Jaguar warships in the system.

1st SLDF Battle Squadron

SLS Invisible Truth - Cameron
 SLS Montpellier - Dante
 SLS Divine Wisdom - Lola III
 SLS Holy Martyrdom - Lola III
 SLS Strength Through Adversity - Lola III

Clan Smoke Jaguar

CSJ Sabre Cat - Essex
 CSJ Dark Claw - Essex
 CSJ The Iowa - Essex

Commanding Admiral Alan Beresick had insisted on leading his squadron into battle. He had to give it to the Smoke Jaguar commander, he did not hesitate to bring his forces to battle. SLS Invisible Truth and SLS Montpellier quickly managed to get the CSJ The Iowa between them and pummeled the poor destroyer until it was a drifting wreck. The squadrons Lola III destroyers ganged up on the CSJ Sabre Cat and quickly destroyed the Jaguar Essex Destroyer. The CSJ Dark Claw, attempted to help the CSJ The Iowa and found itself adrift when her engines were knocked out of the fight by the SLS Montpellier. Negotiations finally convinced the Jaguar commander to surrender his ship.

Port Arthur

1st AFFC Carrier Squadron arrived at the systems Nadir Jump Point and quickly destroyed 2 Jaguar Invader Jumpships and captured 1 Jaguar Star Lord.

Asgard

The 2nd SLDF Battle Squadron arrived at the systems Zenith and Nadir Jump Points in a risky move, that unfortunately found the lighter of the 2 sections facing the CSJ Snow Leopard - Congress. The SLS Alacrity and SLS Resilience, Vincent Corvettes could only try to survive until the SLS Righteous Fury, SLS Swift Justice and SLS Reborn, Aegis Cruisers could arrive on the scene.

SLS Alacrity was quickly destroyed by the CSJ Snow Leopard, and it was doing heavy damage to the SLS Resilience when the 3 Aegis Cruisers made their in system jump. Star Commodore Jube Freelander broke off his assault on the poor Vincent and focused his ships attention on the 3 rapidly closing Aegis cruisers. He would leave the Vincent for his Aerospace Star to finish off. He ordered his 2 Carrier Dropships to combine their attacks on one of the Aegis cruisers while their Aerospace fighters tried to fend off the incoming enemy Aerospace fighters. 54 SLDF Aerospace fighters and 20 Jaguar Omni fighters slammed into each other and a swirling dogfight began. The SLS Righteous Fury quickly focused on one Carrier Dropship and destroyed it, the SLS Swift Justice focused on the other Carrier Dropship and quickly rendered it a non threat and adrift.

SLS Reborn and CSJ Snow Leopard danced a dance of death each pounding the other with NAC's. Before CSJ Snow Leopard could deliver what could have been the killing blow, the SLS Righteous Fury and SLS Swift Justice entered the fight. Seeing that his ship had no chance to either flee nor survive, Star Commodore Jube Freelander signaled his surrender.

Yamarovka

1st Battle Squadron of the 3rd AFFC Fleet jumped into the systems Nadir Jump Point and found nothing. They called in the transports and prepared to escort the dropship in.

Hyner

Clan Nova Cats Alpha Galaxy escorted by the NCS Severen Leroux - Black Lion, NCS Growler, NCS Ranger and NCS Hunter - Lola III Destroyers leaped into the system Zenith Jump Point. Finding no warships, Khan Carns issued his Batchall for the planet. Star Colonel Paul Moon of the 3rd Jaguar Cavaliers accepted the terms of the Batchall. Khan Carns would lead the 1st Nova Cat Guards with his Novastar Keshik.

Kabah

Clan Nova Cats Delta Galaxy escorted by the Vision Naval Star arrived at the systems Nadir Jump Point. Galaxy Commander Karl Devalis issued his Batchall for the planet which was refused by the defending 7th Garrison Cluster and 19th Striker Cluster. The 4th Nova Cat Guards and 246th Battle Cluster were ordered to take the planet.

Stapelfeld

Clan Nova Cats Sigma Galaxy escorted by the Transcendent Naval Star arrived at the Zenith Jump Point and issued their Batchall for everything in the system. 3 Jaguar Jumpships were at the Nadir Jump Point. When the commander of the 27th Garrison Cluster and 19 Garrison Cluster refused to answer, Galaxy Commander Kelly Hardo ordered the Nova Cat Lancers and 189th Striker Cluster to take the planet while a ship from the Naval Star secured the Jaguar Jumpships.

Marshdale

1st DCMS Naval Squadron leaped into the systems Nadir Jump Point and discovered the CSJ Firecrest - Congress Frigate almost on tip of them. The fight was sharp and brutal. DCS Shiro and DCS Urizen II, Kirishima Cruisers and DCS The Lair of Mighty Wyrms and Dragon's Last Tear Tatsumaki Destroyers immediately engaged the CSJ Firecrest in a close range brawl. DCMS Aerospace fighters quickly got the upper hand on the Jaguar Aerospace fighters and never let it go. Assault Dropships assisted the fighters and engaged the Jaguar Congress. The CSJ Firecrest was quickly a drifting wreck, but so was the DCS Shiro.

Outer Volta

3rd Battle Squadron and 2nd Carrier Squadron of the 3rd AFFC Fleet leaped into the Zenith and Nadir Jump Points. As the sensors came back online, Admiral Judith Ribail was horrified to find her Nimitz Carrier only 1500km from a Texas Class Battleship and it's escorts. She quickly gave the order to launch fighters and for helm to get moving.

2nd Carrier Squadron

FCS Nimitz- Nimitz Class
 FCS Midway- Nimitz Class
 FCS Simon Davion, Avalon Cruiser
 FCS Hewitt, Fox II Corvette
 FCS Elliot, Fox II Corvette
 FCS Caron, Fox II Corvette
 FCS Oldendorf, Fox II Corvette

3rd Battle Squadron

FCS Lucien Davion, Avalon Cruiser
 FCS Robert Steiner Riga Frigate
 FCS Lützow Halsey II Destroyer
 FCS Königsberg Halsey II Destroyer
 FCS Livermore Buford II Corvette
 FCS Plunkett Buford II Corvette
 FCS Woo Buford II Corvette

Clan Smoke Jaguar

CSJ Veiled Huntress Texas-class Battleship
 CSJ Lioness - York-class
 CSJ Griffin - Lola III
 CSJ Storm Cat - Lola III
 CSJ Ripper - Vincent Mk. 42

Quickly hundreds of AFFC fighters began filling the void. As the Nimitz carriers began trying to put some distance between themselves and the Jaguar fleet, the 2nd's escorts moved to engage the Jaguar ships. 3rd Battle Squadron, notified by Admiral Judith Ribail hurried to complete calculations for a in system jump. Over 100 Jaguar Omni fighters engaged the AFFC fighters in a massive dogfight. The FCS Simon Davion, Avalon Cruiser, drove right into the Jagaur fleet followed by the escorting Fox II Corvettes. While the FCS Simon Davion engaged the Texas Battleship, the Fox II Corvettes ganged up on the escorts. The first ship to be rendered a non threat was the CSJ Ripper, the Vincent Corvette just could not take the punshiment dealt by 2 Fox II Corvettes at close range. But the FCS Hewitt had taken some moderate damage in the melee.

After 30 minutes of fighting, the FCS Hewitt was adrift with serious damage, the FCS Caron had been destroyed. But the CSJ Griffin had also been destroyed. It was then that the 3rd Battle Squadron arrived and the tide turned hard against the Jaguars. FCS Lucien Davion and FCS Robert Steiner focused on helpig the FCS Simon Davion with the Texas Battleship. Both Halsey Destroyers focused on taking the York out of the fight. 3rd Battle Squadron's Buford II Corvettes assisted the remaining Fox II Corvettes pound the remaining Lola III until it signaled it's surrender.

Admiral Ribail had gotten her carriers a safer distance from the massive battle and was standing off just out of range of the Jaguar warships. FCS Simon Davion finally succumbed to the pummeling it had recieved from the Texas Battleship and went adrift, several escape pods launched. At the one hour mark, both the Texas Battleship and York Carrier signalled their surrender.

2nd Carrier Squadron

FCS Nimitz- Nimitz Class, 31 fighters destroyed
 FCS Midway- Nimitz Class, 43 fighters destroyed
 FCS Simon Davion, Avalon Cruiser, critical damage
 FCS Hewitt, Fox II Corvette, serious damage
 FCS Elliot, Fox II Corvette, heavy damage
 FCS Caron, Fox II Corvette, destroyed
 FCS Oldendorf, Fox II Corvette, moderate damage

3rd Battle Squadron

FCS Lucien Davion, Avalon Cruiser, heavy damage
 FCS Robert Steiner Riga Frigate, moderate damage
 FCS Lützow Halsey II Destroyer, moderate damage
 FCS Königsberg Halsey II Destroyer, moderate damage
 FCS Livermore Buford II Corvette, light damage
 FCS Plunkett Buford II Corvette, light damage
 FCS Woo Buford II Corvette

Clan Smoke Jaguar

CSJ Veiled Huntress Texas-class Battleship, serious damage, captured
 CSJ Lioness - York-class, heavy damage, captured
 CSJ Griffin - Lola III, destroyed
 CSJ Storm Cat - Lola III, serious damage, captured
 CSJ Ripper - Vincent Mk. 42, serious damage, captured

SAR operations began immediately. Rescue beacons were sounding across huge areas of space.

Labrea

Clan Wolf in Exile's Alpha Galaxy jumped into the system escorted by a small portion of their warship force. Khan Phelan Kell issued his Batchall and was granted Safcon by the commander of the 6th Jaguar Dragoons Cluster.

Byesville

The SLDF's 4th Battle Squadron leaped into the system and found no hostile shipping in the system.
« Last Edit: 12 March 2019, 05:23:29 by 2ndAcr »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #46 on: 11 March 2019, 20:39:05 »
Woo!  They captured a Texas!  :thumbsup:

So far so good, it seems...  :)

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: 11 March 2019, 20:51:14 »
so were the WD allowed to buy omnis to rebuild?  and I did not see a support fleet on this run. 

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: 12 March 2019, 01:20:44 »
A Texas, good start, but the boss wants a Nightlord or at least a McKenna. :drool:
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 12 March 2019, 05:25:49 »
 Go back and read the First Wave post above, I messed up some of my unit deployments. Oops. Had to adjust the Kabah and Stapelfeld unit deployments.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: 12 March 2019, 06:40:48 »
 2 May 3063
       Mackolla

Duke Scott Mitchell and Star Colonel Leroux had just finished another run down Range 5. The last week Scott had selected to pilot a Stormcrow. Star Colonel Leroux had been ribbing him about always selecting a targeting computer, work on hitting what you want without a targeting computer, when you can do that 85% of the time, then the targeting computer will just add to your deadliness, he always told Scott.

"You are getting much better Scott. Your accuracy is coming up nicely, you scored 78% accuracy during this run. Overall score was a 84. But we have not been running the course at full speed. First we work accuracy on the move, then we will increase speed each time after you reach a minimum of 85% accuracy WITHOUT a targeting computer consistently." Star Colonel Leroux announced "Not as good as yesterday though."

"I have something big on my mind. I need some advice Star Colonel Leroux. If you do not mind, it is of a personal nature and how it might impact Clan Law and such." Scott said

"This is about your relationship with the doctor, Twyla, Quiaff......I mean yes." Star Colonel Leroux responded, he had been trying to get used to speaking more like the Inner Sphere people. Clan terms seemed to confuse most.

"Yes, yes it is. I want more, I need more, but I also do not want to cause her difficulty. Here, in the Inner Sphere, when we want to spend the rest of our lives with someone, we get married. Do the Clan's even have marriage?" Scott asked

"It exists, it is not wide spread and is only for those of the lower caste and civilians. But, as I am often reminded, we are not a part of Clan Nova Cat anymore. Though our 2 Clusters are made up of Clan Nova Cat warriors, and we will always consider ourselves a part of Clan Nova Cat, we are not really a part of Clan Nova Cat. It can be confusing. Though the MDF, of which we are a part of, uses many Clan structures, and many apects of Clan ways, we are not truely governed by Clan law." Star Colonel Leroux replied

"Mainly because the actual MDF consists of the people who were once Clan. I kept the MDF alive as a place to keep all our former Clan personnel from being forced into the AFFC and risk having them reassigned. Since I am authorized a "personal guard" force, it made sense to me. Of course I doubt any other Duke, outside of Duke Morgan Kell in a way, has 6 Clusters of former Clan troops armed with Omni Mechs." Scott said

"It is a very large Galaxy. The 57th Nova Cat Regulars are very pleased with being outfitted with Omni Mechs." Leroux said

"By the way, how are the trouble makers coming along Star Colonel, I have not heard much on them since they were transferred." Scott asked

"Most are slowly coming around. Since my Cluster and the 57th Nova Cat Regulars are fresh from Clan Nova Cat, they are having an easier time adjusting. There are a few that we still keep a careful eye on, there have been a few instances, but they were solved in a Circle of Equals. The other Clsuters are a little too adjusted to their new life. They will adjust to their new life at the same time and pace as my own people adjust." Leroux said

"Good enough for me, now back to my issue. I want to marry Twyla. But, I am afraid she will say no, it is not allowed or something. Maybe she will be afraid of how she will be viewed. I don't know, there is so much I don't know." Scott said

"Scott, I might not be the right person to try to explain this. I am a Trueborn warrior. This area is something I have never given any thought to. But, here, there can be no stigma attached. You are not Clan, though she is, technically. Now, the rank structure here confuses everyone that was once Clan. Galaxy Commander Helmer put it into a term that allows us to understand it better. You are our founding Khan, your word is law. Archon Prince Davion is our ilKhan. Only his orders can overule yours. This simple way helps undo much confusion among us.

If you want to marry Twyla, then marry her. If that is the custom here, then we will adapt to this new custom. We are members of your people now. We have many customs to learn. Like this Day of Mourning that is coming up on 31 May. I was going to ask Galaxy Commander Helmer, but I will ask you, can you explain this to me?" Leroux asked

The date hit Scott hard, he had allowed it to slip his mind. Sadness and also anger almost overwhelmed him, but he answered. "May 31 was the day the Word of Blake attacked Valois and massacred 15,367 of our people. It is the day they killed my Uncle Harry Mitchell, who was there on Valois. The people here on Mackolla, they declared that day to be a Day of Mourning in memory of those who died and as a day to honor my Uncle."

"The Word of Blake are your sworn enemies?" Leroux asked, he could hear the sadness in Scott's voice

"Oh yeah, they damn sure are. I am just waiting on my chance for vengeance. It was pormised to me by Archon Prince Victor Davion himself, and that is one promise I will hold him to." Scott said with conviction

"Then they are our sworn enemies now. When you lead us into battle or order us into battle against them, I will glad fight beside you Scott. I will explain this Day of Mourning to our new people." Leroux said

"You do that Star Colonel Leroux. There is a special place in hell for the Word of Blake and I plan on being there to see that they don't get lost on the way to it." Scott said "Now let's get back, I have a ton of paperwork to do."

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: 12 March 2019, 15:49:00 »
       3-31 May 3063

Kiamba

The 1st Genyosha, 1st Kestrel Grenadiers and 11th SLDF Division made their landings on 11 May 3063. The 11th SLDF Division took up position on Collins Ridge. The 1st Genyosha and 1st Kestrel Grenadiers slowly pushed the 362nd Assault Cluster into the Hecate's Swamp. Star Colonel Emilie Wimmer ordered her Cluster to attack the 11th SLDF Division to get out of the swamp. Instead of hitting the 11th Division in a solid attack, the swamp slowed down her heavier units just enough to allow the 1st Genyosha and 1st Kestrel Grenadiers to close in and defeat the 362nd's heavier units in detail. The 362nd Assault Cluster was overwhelmed and destroyed with few survivors. The planet was declared secure on 25 May.

11th SLDF Division
 17 Mechs destroyed
 21 Tanks destroyed
 1st Genyosha
 22 Mechs destroyed
 1st Kestrel Grenadiers
 19 Mechs destroyed

362nd Assault Cluster
 31 Omni Mech destroyed
 29 Omni Mech salvaged
 31 Elementals KIA
 10 Omni Fighters destroyed
 6 MechWarrior captured
 19 Elementals captured
 4 Aerospace Pilots captured
 1,297 lower caste captured

Tarazed

The 2nd Genyosha, 3rd Donegal Guards RCT and St. Ives Cheveau Legers landed safely and advanced on the 7th Jaguar Dragoons. When Star Colonel Sidney Nevversan saw what his Cluster was up against, he attempted to pull his Cluster into the Mosaikan Canyon Preserve, but the 2nd Genyosha and St. Ives Cheveau Legers were able to swiftly react to this movement and overran the Dragoons supply trains and cut the 7th Jaguar Dragoons off from the Canyon area. After 3 days of fighting the last of the 7th Jaguar Dragoons surrendered. The planet was declared secure on 22 May.

2nd Genyosha
 31 Mechs destroyed
 3rd Donegal Guards RCT
 26 Mechs destroyed
 33 Tanks destroyed
 St. Ives Cheveau Legers
 18 Mechs destroyed

7th Jaguar Dragoons Cluster
 23 Omni Mechs destroyed
 25 Omni Mechs salvaged
 83 Elementals KIA
 11 Mechwarriors captured
 32 Elementals captured
 3 Aerospace Pilots captured
 1,537 lower caste captured

Port Arthur

1st Davion Guards RCT, 5th Sword of Light and 17th Benjamin Regulars made their landings and instead of facing just the 168th Garrison Cluster, they found that they also faced 2 Clusters of Bondsmen fielding Inner Sphere mechs. The 2 Clusters of Bondsmen fought well, but the 5th Sword of Light and 1st Davion Guards RCT were just too skilled and slowly managed to surround the Bondsmen Clusters, who finally surrendered after 4 days of fighting. The 17th Benjamin Regulars had their hands full with the 168th Garrison Cluster who had moved from the southern continent to assist the Bondsmen Clusters. Only the arrival of the 5th Sword of Light and Mech Regiment of the 1st Davion Guards RCT managed to halt the 168th Garrison Clusters attack and the resulting Star League counter attack shattered the 168th Garrison Cluster. The planet was declared secure on 29 May.

1st Davion Guards RCT
 27 Mechs destroyed
 88 Tanks destroyed
 5th Sword of Light
 34 Mechs destroyed
 17th Benjamin Regulars
 61 Mechs destroyed

168th Garrison Cluster
 22 Mechs destroyed
 23 Mechs salvaged (Clan 2nd Line)
 12 Mechwarrior captured
 1st Bondsmen Cluster
 19 Mechs destroyed
 11 Mechs salvaged (3025 Inner Sphere)
 13 Mechwarrior captured
 217 Infantry captured
 2nd Bondsmen Cluster
 22 Mechs destroyed
 8 Mechs salvaged (3025 Inner Sphere)
 11 Mechwarrior captured
 396 Infantry captured
 3,491 lower caste captured

Asgard

The 250th SLDF Division and 3rd Proserpina Hussars made their landings in a single landing zone. The defending 4th Jagaur Dragoons and Dark Prowlers Keshik put up a stiff resistance, but the 250th SLDF Division was just too powerful with it's 6 Mech Regiments and Regiments of conventional troops. It took 2 weeks to finally corner and destroy the last of the defenders. The planet was declared secure on 28 May.

250th SLDF Division
 77 Mechs destroyed
 57 Tanks destroyed
 12 Aerospace Fighters destroyed
 3rd Proserpina Hussars
 33 Mechs destroyed

Dark Prowlers Keshik
 9 Omni Mechs destroyed
 6 Omni Mechs salvaged
 28 Elementals KIA
 4 Mechwarriors captured
 12 Elementals captured
 2 Aerospace Pilots captured
 4th Jaguar Dragoons
 33 Omni Mechs destroyed
 27 Omni Mechs captured
 51 Elementals KIA
 13 Mechwarriors captured
 24 Elementals captured
 2,709 lower caste captured

Yamarovka

8th Alshain Avengers, 9th SLDF Division and V Legio made their landings and swiftly advanced on the defending 11th Garrison Cluster. The fighting was brutal and fierce, for 4 days the fighting was almost non stop. The V Legio had never faced the Clans in actual combat, the training against the Nova Cats had helped it prepare though and they managed to hold the line, but at stiff cost. The 11th Garrison was almost completely wiped out in the fighting. The planet was declared secure 26 May.

V Legio
 41 Mechs destroyed
 27 Tanks destoyed
 8th Alshain Avengers
 11 Mechs destroyed
 9th SLDF Division
 23 Mechs destroyed
 19 Tanks destroyed
 9 Aerospace Fighters destroyed

11th Garrison Cluster
 23 Mechs destroyed
 7 Mechs salvaged (Clan 2nd Line)
 57 Elementals KIA
 10 Aerospace Fighters destroyed
 11 Mechwarrior captured
 18 Elemental captured
 6 Aerospace Pilots captured
 1,657 lower caste captured

Hyner

Khan Carns led the 1st Nova Cat Guards and his Novastar Keshik on the agreed upon battlefield. As agreed upon, Khan Carns would lead a Trinary against a Trinary from the 3rd Jaguar Cavaliers. Star Colonel Paul Moon had been injured badly in a rebel attack and was hospitalized. The fight between the Nova Cats and Jaguars was fierce. But the Nova Cat warriors were just a bit better than the Jaguars. The last Nova Cat Omni Mech to fall was Khan Carns, felled by a head shot that killed Khan Carns instantly, but Khan Carns felled the last Jaguar Mech before dying. When the fighting ended, 3 Nova Cat Omni Mechs still stood. Star Colonel Moon had monitored the battle and stood by his word, the 3rd Jaguar Cavaliers were taken as Isorla by Clan Nova Cat.

Novastar Keshik
 3 Omni Mechs destroyed
 Khan Lucien Carns KIA

3rd Jaguar Cavaliers Cluster
 5 Omni Mechs destroyed
 70 Omni Mechs captured/Isorla
 30 Omni Fighters captured/Isorla
 72 Mechwarriors captured/Isorla
 50 Elementals captured/Isorla
 30 Aerospace Pilots captured/Isorla
 2,855 Lower Caste captured/Isorla

Kabah

Star Colonel Thilla Showers led her 19th Striker Cluster and the 7th Garrison Cluster onto the field of battle to face Clan Nova Cats 4th Nova Cat Guards and 246th Battle Cluster. The 19th Striker Cluster and 4th Nova Cat Guards went at each other in a vicious brutal fight. For over an hour they tore at each other and to Star Colonel Kelly Hardo it looked as thought the 19th Striker Cluster might prevail. But the 246th Battle Cluster arrived on the scene after mauling the 7th Garrison Cluster and forcing it's remaining warriors to surrender. The added Cluster turned the tide against the Jaguars. Seeing that they had no hope of winning Star Colonel Thilla Showers swallowed her pride and surrendered her remaining forces and the planet to Clan Nova Cat.

4th Nova Cat Guards
 27 Omni Mechs destroyed
 32 Elementals KIA
 246th Battle Cluster
 17 Omni Mechs destroyed
 21 Elementals KIA

19th Striker Cluster
 34 Omni Mechs destroyed
 41 Omni Mechs salvaged/Isorla
 137 Elementals KIA
 13 Omni Fighters destroyed
 7 Omni Fighters salvaged/Isorla
 33 Mechwarriors captured/Isorla
 138 Elementals captured/Isorla
 11 Aerospace Pilots captured/Isorla
 7th Garrison Cluster
 18 Mechs destroyed
 12 Mechs salvaged/Isorla
 41 Elementals KIA
 16 Mechwarriors captured/Isorla
 9 Elementals captured/Isorla
 3,159 Lower Caste captured/Isorla

Stapelfeld

The Nova Cat Lancers and 189th Striker Cluster hit the ground at a run and never looked back, the defending 27th Garrison Cluster and 19th Garrison Cluster never stood a chance. Though the fighting was fierce, the outcome was never in doubt for the Nova Cat forces. Galaxy Commander Kelly Hardo had ordered no Zell and the Nova Cat forces ripped the Jaguar Clusters to shreds over 3 hours of fighting. Finally seeing no hope at all for his forces, the ranking Jaguar commander surrendered his forces to Clan Nova Cat.

Nova Cat Lancers
 6 Omni Mechs destroyed
 17 Elementals KIA
 3 Omni Fighters destroyed
 189th Striker Cluster
 11 Omni Mechs destroyed
 21 Elementals KIA

27th Garrison Cluster
 13 Mechs destroyed
 17 Mechs salvaged/Isorla
 6 Aerospace Fighters destroyed
 4 Aerospace Fighters captured/Isorla
 20 Mechwarriors captured/Isorla
 7 Aerospace Pilots captured/Isorla
 19th Garrison Cluster
 16 Mechs destroyed
 14 Mechs captured/Isorla
 17 Elementals KIA
 17 Mechwarriors captured/Isorla
 33 Elementals captured/Isorla
 2,247 Lower Caste captured/Isorla

Marshdale

The Ryuken-ni, 244th SLDF Division, 1st Canopian Cuirassiers and 2nd Canopian Cuirassiers made their landings will little resistance. The Jaguar Aerospace attempted to prevent the landing but were swept away by the escorting Star League Aerospace Fighters. When the 9th Jaguar Cavaliers attempted to assault the 244th SLDF Division, they were stopped cold and then flanked by the Ryuken-ni. In only 9 hours of fighting, the 9th Jaguar Cavaliers were destroyed almost completely. The planet was declared secure 30 May.

244th SLDF Division
 39 Mechs destroyed
 46 Tanks destroyed
 8 Aerospace Fighters destroyed
 Ryuken-ni
 24 Mechs destroyed

9th Jaguar Cavaliers
 22 Omni Mechs destroyed
 38 Omni Mechs salvaged
 45 Elementals KIA
 20 Omni Fighters destroyed
 4 Mechwarriors captured
 5 Elementals captured
 1,931 Lower Caste captured

Outer Volta

The 8th Sword of Light, 39th SLDF Division, 2nd Taurian Lancers and 1st Taurian Lancers faced stiff opposition to their landings by the Jaguar Aerospace forces. Though the 8th SOL and 39th SLDF Division had upgraded Aerospace Fighters and held their own, the Jaguar Omni Fighters shredded the escorting fighters from the 1st and 2nd Taurian Lancers. Once the landings were complete, it took over a week of running fights to finally corner the Jaguar forces and defeat them in a brutal 4 hour battle.

8th Sword of Light
 43 Mechs destroyed
 9 Aerospace Fighters destroyed
 39th SLDF Division
 61 Mechs destroyed
 55 Tanks destroyed
 7 Aerospace Fighters destroyed
 1st Taurian Lancers
 49 Mechs destroyed
 15 Aerospace Fighters destroyed
 2nd Taurian Lancers
 39 Mechs destroyed
 16 Aerospace Fighters destroyed

1st Jaguar Guards Cluster
 19 Omni Mechs destroyed
 41 Omni Mechs salvaged
 27 Elementals KIA
 12 Mechwarriors captured
 23 Elementals captured
 3 Aerospace Pilots captured
 267th Battle Cluster
 31 Omni Mechs destroyed
 37 Omni Mechs salvaged
 153 Elementals KIA
 22 Mechwarriors captured
 37 Elementals captured
 Swath Keshik
 6 Omni Mechs destroyed
 9 Omni Mechs salvaged
 4 Omni Fighters destroyed
 5 Mechwarriors captured
 2 Aerospace Pilots captured
 5,739 Lower Caste captured

Labrea

Khan Phelan Kell landed his entire Alpha Galaxy on the planet, when he found the 6th Jaguar Dragoons Cluster coming out to do battle he declared a Trial of Possession for the 6th Jaguar Dragoons and the planet. A simple 3 on 3 fight using full Zell. When the fight was over, the 6th Jaguar Dragoons and Labrea were in Star League hands.

6th Jaguar Dragoons
 45 Omni Mechs captured/Isorla
 45 Mechwarriors captured/Isorla
 2,091 Lower Caste captured/Isorla

Byesville

The 143rd SLDF Division, 323rd SLDF Division and 1st Proserpina Hussars landed and simply overwhelmed the defending 17th Jaguar Regulars. In a 9 hour battle, the Jaguars were defeated utterly.

143rd SLDF Division
 17 Mechs destroyed
 21 Tanks destroyed
 323rd SLDF Division
 23 Mechs destroyed
 27 Tanks destroyed
 1st Proserpina Hussars
 29 Mechs destroyed

17th Jaguar Regulars
 21 Omni Mechs destroyed
 24 Omni Mechs salvaged
 37 Elementals KIA
 9 Mechwarriors captured
 13 Elementals captured
 1,934 Lower Caste captured
« Last Edit: 12 March 2019, 15:56:28 by 2ndAcr »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #52 on: 12 March 2019, 18:43:55 »
Interesting... I'd like to see some discussion in the SLDF HQ about how the Nova Cats and Wolves in Exile took many of their objectives with rather less in the way of casualties than the "curb stomp" fights...  ^-^

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #53 on: 12 March 2019, 20:15:52 »
Clan versus Clan is fighting by rules both sides understand. IS versus Clan is fighting without rules. can't wait to see what happens if you get Clan versus WOB. Winner may be whoever still has live bodies on the field.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: 12 March 2019, 21:08:48 »
   20-31 May 3063

Wave Two

Wave Two was delayed a week as escorts were shifted around after the naval battle at Outer Volt caused 2 entire squadrons to be pulled from the line for repairs. The invasion forces passed thru the First wave targets, sometimes before the ground forces of the First Wave had even hit the ground.

Luzerne

The SLDF's 4th Battle Squadron leaped into Luzerne and quickly captured or destroyed 5 Jaguar Jumphips. The ground forces came in barely 4 hours later. The dropships began burning for the planet under escort from 2 SLDF Suffern Destroyers.

On 22 May, the 208th SLDF Division, 3rd Davion Guards RCT and Ryuken-roku began making their landings on the Jeremiah Highlands. The 6th Striker Cluster, 4th Garrison and Kappa Galaxy Command Trinary slammed into the 208th SLDF Division with like a tornado. Within 2 hours of fighting they had broken the 208th's lines. The Ryuken-roku swung around on the Jaguar left flank and lost a Battalion in less than an hour. The 3rd Davion Guards RCT hit the Jaguar's right flank and managed to halt the penetration of the 208th's lines long enough for the 208th to reform a decent defensive line. Only massive artillery fire managed to beat back the Jaguar attack. General Gravely Zane of the 20th was in overall command of the invasion forces and ordered everyone into strong defensive lines while he called for reinforcements.

Savinsville

The 79th SLDF Division, 6th Lyran Guards RCT and 3rd Benjamin Regulars escorted by 3 AFFC Fox II Corvettes jumped into the system on 20 May. Grounding on 31 May. Knowing they faced certain destruction, the 3rd Garrison Cluster fought just long enough to satisfy their honor before surrendering to the invading force.

79th SLDF Division
 7 Mechs destroyed
 6th Lyran Guards RCT
 9 Mechs destroyed
 1st Benjamin Regulars
 15 Mechs destroyed

3rd Garrison Cluster
 17 Mechs destroyed
 13 Mechs captured
 22 Elementals KIA
 22 Mechwarriors captured
 28 Elementals captured
 4,967 Lower Caste captured

Albiero

The 2nd Dieron Regulars, 8th Dieron Regulars and 22nd Dieron Regulars landed without incident and moved to engage the defending 11th Jaguar Regulars. The main battle occurred on Dartson Ridge and the 11th Jaguar Regulars fought to the last man over 15 hours of fighting before finally being destroyed.

2nd Dieron Regulars
 47 Mechs destroyed
 8th Dieron Regulars
 37 Mechs destroyed
 22nd Dieron Regulars
 26 Mechs destroyed

11th Jaguar Regulars
 37 Mechs destroyed
 23 Mechs salvaged
 75 Elementals KIA
 3,501 Lower Caste captured

Bangor

Escorted by 6 Buford II Corvettes, the 1st Robinson Rangers, 2nd Donegal Guards RCT and 3rd Royal Guards RCT made their landings on 24 May. The fighting was fierce for both sides but the 51st Garrison Cluster was finally trapped on 28 May and finally destroyed.

1st Robinson Rangers
 33 Mechs destroyed
 2nd Donegal Guards RCT
 28 Mechs destroyed
 43 Tanks destroyed
 3rd Royal Guards RCT
 44 Mechs destroyed
 57 Tanks destroyed

51st Garrison Cluster
 43 Mechs destroyed
 17 Mechs salvaged
 43 Elementals KIA
 16 Mechwarriors captured
 32 Elementals captured
 2,683 Lower Caste captured

Jeronimo

Clan Nova Cats Alpha Galaxy's remaining 2 Clusters jumped into the system on 20 May and were granted Safcon to the surface. Star Colonel Leon Rosse was commanding this portion of Alpha Galaxy, 449th Assault Cluster and 489th Assault Clusters and issued his Batchall for the planet and it's defenders. Galaxy Commander Hang Mehta, commander of Delta Galaxy accepted the Batchall declaring they would defend with the 3rd Assault Cluster, 10th Jaguar Regulars and Skyriders Keshik.

The fighting was a typical fight between 2 hated enemies. The Nova Cat forces managed to get the upper hand on the Jaguar Aerospace Forces and never let it go. Repeated strafing attacks helped break up the Jaguar formations. The Jaguar 3rd Assault Cluster took the field armed for close in fighting in their heavy and assault Omni Mechs, where as the 449th and 489th of Clan Nova Cat were armed for long range fighting primarily. After a savage 18 hour fight, Galaxy Commander Hang Mehta conceded defeat and her remaining forces were taken as Isorla.

449th Assault Cluster
 23 Omni Mechs destroyed
 36 Elementals KIA
 8 Omni Fighters destroyed
 489th Assault Cluster
 29 Omni Mechs destroyed
 49 Elementals KIA
 6 Omni Fighters destroyed

Skyriders Keshik
 8 Omni Mechs destroyed
 7 Omni Mechs captured/Isorla
 22 Elementals KIA
 7 Omni Fighters destroyed
 3 Omni Fighters captured/Isorla
 9 Mechwarriors captured/Isorla
 18 Elementals captured/Isorla
 3 Omni Fighters captured/Isorla
 3rd Assault Cluster
 21 Omni Mechs destroyed
 29 Omni Mechs captured/Isorla
 43 Elementals KIA
 8 Omni Fighters destroyed
 2 Omni Fighters captured/Isorla
 33 Mechwarriors captured/Isorla
 32 Elementals captured/Isorla
 5 Aerospace Pilots captured/Isorla
 10th Jaguar Regulars
 19 Omni Mechs destroyed
 11 Omni Mechs captured/Isorla
 29 Elementals KIA
 6 Omni Fighters destroyed
 4 Omni Fighters captured/Isorla
 21 Mechwarriors captured/Isorla
 21 Elementals captured/Isorla
 6 Aerospace Pilots captured/Isorla
 6,392 Lower Caste captured/Isorla

Coudoux

Galaxy Commander Karl Devalis, commander of Delta Galaxy, Clan Nova Cat leaped into the system and issued a Batchall for the planet. When the defenders refused to bargain with traitors, Galaxy Commander Karl Devalis ordered the 44th and 46th Nova Cat Cavaliers to take the planet. Both Clusters hit the defending 8th Garrison Cluster like a tsunami and within 2 hours the 8th Garrison Cluster was destroyed entirely.

44th Nova Cat Cavaliers
 12 Omni Mechs destroyed
 46th Nova Cat Cavaliers
 11 Omni Mechs destroyed

8th Garrison Cluster
 26 Mechs destroyed
 14 Mechs salvaged
 50 Elementals KIA
 17,472 Lower Caste captured/Isorla

Virentofta

Galaxy Commander Kelly Hardo leading the remaining forces of Sigma Galaxy into the system on 21 May. Issuing a Batchall for the planet and defenders, the commander of the 151st Garrison Cluster accepted the Batchall and granted Safcon. The 25th Nova Cat Regulars would fight this battle alone. It would be the first action for the reactivated Cluster and needed to be done to better integrate the former Viper warriors into Clan Nova Cat. For 3 hours the 2 Clusters battled at each other in a series of duels until finally Star Colonel Gressum surrendered his remaining force to Clan Nova Cat.

25th Nova Cat Regulars
 13 Omni Mechs destroyed

151st Garrison Cluster
 19 Mech destroyed
 26 Mechs captured/Isorla
 30 Mechwarriors captured/Isorla
 50 Elementals captured/Isorla
 2,598 Lower Caste captured/Isorla

6 June 3063
     Cabanatuan

Khan Lincoln Osis had received word of the massive assault on his occupation zone and had given orders to divert his new forces. Now they were 3 days from counter attacking the enemy but they would slash in from behind the more heavily front lines. His planned targets were:

Gravenhage- 74th Jaguar Assault, 32nd Jaguar Regulars, 145th Jaguar Regulars, 304th and 315th Jaguar Battle
 Hartshill- 5th Jaguar Dragoons, 63rd Jaguar Regulars, 75th Jaguar Assault
 Altona- Tau Galaxy, 43rd Jaguar Battle, 22nd Jaguar Regulars

He had already ordered no Zell, and would simply crush the defenders and move on swiftly.

Operation Snip

Richmond

Wolf's Dragoons Beta and Delta Regiments dropped on their assigned target with little resistance met on the way in. Making landfall, the Wolf's Dragoons Regiments quickly overran the 47th Garrison Cluster in a short but brutal fight that lasted just over an hour before the 47th Garrison commander surrendered his remaining warriors.

WD Beta Regiment
 4 Omni Mechs destroyed
 9 Mechs destroyed
 6 Tanks destroyed
 WD Delta Regiment
 6 Omni Mechs destroyed
 8 Mechs destroyed
 5 Tanks destroyed

47th Garrison Cluster
 27 Mechs destroyed
 23 Mechs salvaged
 31 Mechwarriors captured
 989 Lower Caste captured

Idlewind

Wolf's Dragoons Alpha and Gamma Regiments landed after a short dogfight with the defenders Aerospace fighters but they were swiftly defeated by the Dragoon fighters. Making landfall, the commander of the 5th Garrison Cluster put up light resistance before they surrendered to the Dragoons.

WD Alpha Regiment
 4 Mechs destroyed
 WD Gamma Regiment
 5 Mechs destroyed

5th Garrison Cluster
 14 Mechs destroyed
 36 Mechs captured
 10 Aerospace Fighters destroyed
 44 Mechwarriors captured
 873 Lower Caste captured

Rockland 

The Star League task force made landfall and completely overwhelmed the defending 10th Garrison Cluster who were destroyed to a man.

Star League Losses
 No equipment losses, damaged recovered

10th Garrison Cluster
 24 Mechs destroyed
 6 Mechs salvaged
 678 Lower Caste captured

Schwartz

The 189th Garrison Cluster put up only enough resistance to satisfy their honor before surrendering to the massive force.

Star League Losses
 3 Mechs destroyed

189th Garrison Cluster
 13 Mechs destroyed
 32 Mechs captured
 40 Mechwarriors captured
 295 Infantry captured
 673 Lower Caste captured

« Last Edit: 14 March 2019, 23:59:53 by 2ndAcr »

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #55 on: 12 March 2019, 21:51:05 »
looks like they will have to go back and recapture some of those first wave planets when the Jags come back.  Just more slightly used repair parts. 

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: 12 March 2019, 22:03:07 »
 First wave planets still have their invasion forces on them. The Jaguar counter attack will be striking from out side the occupation zone behind the lines.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: 13 March 2019, 00:45:40 »
 31 May 3063
        Mackolla

On Mackolla and Bamburgh, every business was closed, every shop was closed. Outside the large cemetery, where Harry Mitchell was buried, covering the huge valley for as far as one could see were several million people. Every single one of them wore a black arm band. People had started gathering on 29 May. Some came early to pay their respects before the Day of Mourning, others wanted better locations for the ceremony. In honor of the fallen, every member of the military wore a black arm band, all 6 Clusters of the MDF were fully deployed in ranks by the Cluster, a black band had been painted around the left arm of every Omni Mech and Elemental suit. Likewise, the entire 6th Davion Guards RCT was formed up and similarly marked.

On Bamburgh, a similar ceremony was being held at the exact moment. For 90% of the people massacred on Valois had been from Bamburgh. All 4 of the Mackolla Armored Grenadiers RCT's were fully formed up into ranks. They too wore the painted black band on their left arm. Set at the entrance to the Valley, was a monument honoring those killed that fateful day. 9 Regiments of Cavalry, 8 Regiments of Infantry, 4 Regiments of Armor and 3 Regiments of Marines were also fully formed up. They covered miles of ground. Hauptman General James Cunnard would deliver the exact same speech that Scott was delivering on Mackolla.

Back on Mackolla, Duke Scott Mitchell mounted the raised platform and somberly walked to the microphone set there. He had allowed a news team onto Mackolla to record this ceremony. They had been brought in by small craft with fully closed down windows to protect Mackolla's secret. Around Mackolla and Bamburgh the 4th AFFC Fleet, once the MDF were deployed as a protective force. Scott set his speech on the small area where he could see it if he needed it. He doubted he would.

"Today, we gather to honor those we lost on 31 May 3060. On that day, 15,368 of our citizens were massacred by the Word of Blake on Valois. Most were simple miners and their families, trying to make a living. They were brutally murdered by the Word of Blake, their only crime was being alive on that planet. Retaking Valois, the Word of Blake used nuclear weapons on ships of the Mackolla Defense Force. Never to be forgotten are the 392 members of the MDF that died retaking Valois.

In retaliation for the massacre on Valois, the MDF, upon learning the Word of Blake unit responsible was located on Tortuga Prime, launched a retaliation assault upon Tortuga Prime. Never to be forgotten are the 10,132 members of the MDF that died on Tortuga Prime. Again the Word of Blake used nuclear weapons not only against our warships but on the ground also. Those we could recover are interred on Tortuga Prime where Clan Nova Cat maintains a around the clock honor guard of our dead buried there.

The Word of Blake has taken many of our loved ones from us. I feel the loss of every single one of the people I swore to protect. In that, I failed. I lost my Uncle Harry Mitchell to the Word of Blake. He was the heart and soul of Mitchell Aerospace and Shipyards, and he will be sorely missed by everyone. I can only hope that I will be half the man he was. This date will forever be known as the Day of Mourning. We will never forget those we have lost.

To those that mean harm to the people of the Outer March, the Federated Commonwealth, our allies the Capellan Confederation, Clan Nova Cat, I have this to say. We will seek you out where ever you try to hide and we will come for you. When we find you, we will destroy you. To the Word of Blake, know this, you have made an enemy for all eternity by your actions and the day will come that we shall deliver to you our vengeance. For we will never forget those that we have lost."

Scott stepped away from the podium and returned to his seat, he had tears in is eyes as he sat down next to Twyla who took his hand in hers. The tears were from both a sense of loss and of the internal rage he felt inside. Your day is coming, I swear before all, your day is coming. I will have my vengeance.

6 June 3063
       Mackolla

Admiral Yolanda Harrison, Star League Defense Force Navy, had arrived at Mackolla with 12,000 newly, even early graduated crewmen to accept delivery of the vast number of ships for the SLDF from Mitchell Aerospace and Shipyards. As her shuttle took her to the shipyard designated Shipyard One, she was amazed at the size of the operation here. It was easily three times the size of the Titan Shipyards in the Terra system. There seemed to be a nonstop flow of Dropships leaving the planet below to the massive shipyard complex. Every shipyard slip she could see was filled with something. Once her shuttle was docked, she was escorted to an office marked with a simple plaque, BOSS. Her escort rapped on the door and a muffled "WHAT" came thru the door. The escort opened the door and gestured for her to enter the office which she did. The door closed behind her.

A balding man of about 50 sat at his desk, he looked up with an annoyed look on his face "About time you Star League folks got out here, your damn ships are clogging my storage area. You have a bunch of paperwork to fill out before you can take possession of my ships. So, take that seat over there and start signing." Boss said as he gestured towards a small desk piled with folders. Each folder bore the name of a ship "Buford II Corvette Number 101" the top folder read. Admiral Yolanda Harrison had been warned by Commanding Admiral Beresick to not make waves at all with Mitchell Aerospace and Shipyards. Just accept the ships and get the hell gone from the place.

After 2 hours of signing paperwork her hand was cramping badly. For 2 hours all she had heard was muttering from the man known as the Boss. She turned in her chair to face the Boss. "You are aware we are leaving a quality control team behind to monitor construction of ships destined to the SLDF right?"

This brought an instant reaction from the Boss "Yeah, I was told about it. But let me tell you something and you can carry it back to your bosses. I take great pride in my work. The first time one of your quality control folks get;s in my face, I will throw him out an airlock and he can suck vaccum. I find it insulting and if I had anything to say about it, you SLDF people could buy your ships from the Free Worlds League. Might take them a year to build a dinky little Destroyer instead of the 6 months we do, but at least I would not have to put up with anyone looking over my shoulder. I expect your quality control people to be out in the slips, not huddled up in some office. We work around the clock, they better also."

Admiral Yolanda Harrison was a little shocked at the out burst from the man, it had been a long time since anyone had spoke to her like that. She remembered Admiral Beresick's warning "just get in and get gone". She turned back to her paperwork.
« Last Edit: 13 March 2019, 00:48:17 by 2ndAcr »

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #58 on: 13 March 2019, 03:13:34 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #59 on: 13 March 2019, 03:46:58 »
The Star League will learn to leave the boss alone eventually...  ::)

It's good the invasion forces are still on the worlds the Jaguars are about to hit.  That means the SLDF will have warning, and then be able to show the Jaguars the real meaning of "strategic depth"...