Author Topic: TRO 3145/ER 3145 - The future is here  (Read 125147 times)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Re: TRO 3145/ER 3145 - The future is here
« Reply #450 on: 21 June 2013, 18:51:36 »
Which is still part of the 80's, technically the 80's where from 1981 to 1990 inclusive

That makes no sense.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #451 on: 21 June 2013, 18:54:36 »
And how completely off topic are we here?
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

caioaf

• Sergeant
« Reply #452 on: 21 June 2013, 18:57:03 »
That makes no sense.

of course it does. every decade starts at X1 and ends at X0
there was no "year zero"
the first decade started at year 1 and ended at year 10. what doesn't make sense is "the first decade had only 9 years" to justify decades starting at X0 and ending at X9

and sorry for the off-off-topic

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #453 on: 21 June 2013, 20:04:14 »
And how completely off topic are we here?

*Hands Jaim Magnus a map and compass.*

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #454 on: 21 June 2013, 20:23:18 »
Leading to topic,  so does it look like the Republic content is going be in the printed only book?   Its been kinda confusing with going back and forth on it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #455 on: 21 June 2013, 20:27:58 »
Leading to topic,  so does it look like the Republic content is going be in the printed only book?   Its been kinda confusing with going back and forth on it.
apparently they haven't decided yet. it may only show up in the 'full' TRO3145 that compiles all the mini-TRO's we've en getting. they have said there will be a PDF version of the full TRO3145 either way.

Banzai

• Major
  • Team Banzai visits Jurassic Park.
« Reply #456 on: 21 June 2013, 22:32:58 »
Yeah, because that worked so well.

Well in the movie they used a psychotic, murderous thug.  In the Clans you would use Clan warriors who are...um...oh. Oh!  Never mind.

Brigoon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #457 on: 22 June 2013, 15:46:25 »
So here is a question for the Future. (trying ot get back near topic) *pulls out a Plugger*

Is the Clan Protectorate going to join the Fee Worlds League all nice like or is there going to be war! I am sure the Nova Cat survivors are not gonna be to keen on joining a nother Great House seeing how their clan was destroyed by House Kurita. How about the Wolf Empire?

What does the fox say?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #458 on: 22 June 2013, 15:52:36 »
So here is a question for the Future. (trying ot get back near topic) *pulls out a Plugger*

Is the Clan Protectorate going to join the Fee Worlds League all nice like or is there going to be war! I am sure the Nova Cat survivors are not gonna be to keen on joining a nother Great House seeing how their clan was destroyed by House Kurita. How about the Wolf Empire?

The Clan Protectorate IS a part of the Free Worlds League.  They have seats in parliament and everything.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Brigoon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #459 on: 22 June 2013, 15:54:37 »
The Clan Protectorate IS a part of the Free Worlds League.  They have seats in parliament and everything.

Well some much for Question 1 how about question 2
What does the fox say?

Wolflord

• Major
  • Look Ma! I have enough posts for a time jump!
« Reply #460 on: 22 June 2013, 15:57:45 »

Is it confirmed that any significant number of Nova Cats as distinct from spirit cats made it to the protectorate?

If the protectorate wanted to break away from the FWL would the Wolf Empire want them? Would they want them enough to potentially violate the non-aggression pact with the FWL?

What of the seafox elements in the protectorate?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #461 on: 22 June 2013, 17:04:15 »
Well some much for Question 1 how about question 2

The Wolf Empire is a distinct political entity - a separate state - and is no more interested in having seats in Parliament than the Kuritans would be.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Brigoon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #462 on: 22 June 2013, 17:22:57 »
The Wolf Empire is a distinct political entity - a separate state - and is no more interested in having seats in Parliament than the Kuritans would be.

No disrespect but how do you know? isn't the reason for these time jumps is to open up the future? to mix it up a little? say Alaric's plans back fire and the Wolves find them selves in the position of trying to play the FWL vs the Commonwealth?, what if a weaker Clan Wolf Khan comes along and suddenly the Wolf empire has to decide to go Lyran or FWL? What if the Commonwealth gets it's act together and shoves the Wolf Empire back into it's FWL holdings Alaric is dead the Wolves are on the run what now?   

Or maybe the Wolf Empire is like the Roman Empire and eventually splits it half or you have ton of back stabbing?

Whats the use of these time jumps if all we ever do is fallback to the same old routine?

What does the fox say?

Wolflord

• Major
« Reply #463 on: 22 June 2013, 17:27:11 »
I think ColBosch (jump in if I'm wrong) like myself didn't appreciate the level of stress you were placing on the Future part of your question as we both appear to have answered on the basis of it being 3145ish.

Further forward into the future all sorts of things could happen but we won't know till we get there.

Dreyf

• Sergeant
« Reply #464 on: 22 June 2013, 17:32:51 »
What of the seafox elements in the protectorate?

The Sea Foxes, through Delta Aimag of the Spina Khanate, have representation in Parliament.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #465 on: 22 June 2013, 17:35:25 »
pretty sure there is a moratorium on information beyond 3151.. after some of the negative responses to the hints about the initial plans for the time jump to 3250, TPTB have pretty much clammed up about anything after the current 3145 timeperiod.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #466 on: 22 June 2013, 17:37:56 »
I can only make my observations based upon game lore and canon, and as of the last information we had the Wolf Empire has its sights set on the Lyran Commonwealth - up to the Khan declaring himself Archon (and then backing somewhat down, but his intentions are clear) - and nothing showing any desire to merge with the FWL. Hell, why would they want to? They already killed the Captain-General, shattered their main forces, and nearly caused the whole thing to fall apart again. They wouldn't become part of the FWL, they'd ****** conquer it.

Wolflord

• Major
« Reply #467 on: 22 June 2013, 17:38:59 »
The Sea Foxes, through Delta Aimag of the Spina Khanate, have representation in Parliament.

Very interesting ........ Seafox in FWL parliament, seafox assisting FedSuns Prince ..... Is this a pattern I see before me?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #468 on: 22 June 2013, 17:46:27 »
Very interesting ........ Seafox in FWL parliament, seafox assisting FedSuns Prince ..... Is this a pattern I see before me?

Cooooould be, yes.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #469 on: 22 June 2013, 18:20:24 »
Hell, why would they want to? They already killed the Captain-General, shattered their main forces, and nearly caused the whole thing to fall apart again. They wouldn't become part of the FWL, they'd ****** conquer it.

The Warden-General was the one they killed.  Thaddeus Marik.  But I agree with the rest of your statement.

No disrespect but how do you know? isn't the reason for these time jumps is to open up the future? to mix it up a little?

Nobody knows for sure, except the writers.  But there's no evidence that the Wolves plan to merge with anyone.  Otherwise, why would they have formed the Empire?

say Alaric's plans back fire and the Wolves find them selves in the position of trying to play the FWL vs the Commonwealth?

They're pretty much doing that now.

Or maybe the Wolf Empire is like the Roman Empire and eventually splits it half or you have ton of back stabbing?

A Wolf split has already been done.  The Exiles.  Don't want to repeat ourselves, right? ;)

Whats the use of these time jumps if all we ever do is fallback to the same old routine?

The existence of new powers such as the Wolf Empire pretty much destroy the idea of the same old routine.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #470 on: 22 June 2013, 18:33:35 »
The Warden-General was the one they killed.  Thaddeus Marik.  But I agree with the rest of your statement.

Right, thanks for the correction.

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #471 on: 22 June 2013, 19:04:16 »
Horses move and take over the clan protectorate after they get word from the Star Adders of impending invasion.  HW clans are out to get the Flacons and use the Horse OZ as their launching pad.  Once the Falcons are gone then they go for the Bears followed by the Wolves.  Lyran's get wiped off the map also.  Fortress wall comes down and Terra is no more......

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #472 on: 23 June 2013, 12:00:09 »
Horses move and take over the clan protectorate after they get word from the Star Adders of impending invasion.  HW clans are out to get the Flacons and use the Horse OZ as their launching pad.  Once the Falcons are gone then they go for the Bears followed by the Wolves.  Lyran's get wiped off the map also.  Fortress wall comes down and Terra is no more......
...Then Human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #473 on: 23 June 2013, 12:18:32 »

Why would the Adders warn the Horses? They are tainted just as much as the other IS Clans. (Though I could see the Lions warning them.)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Wolflord

• Major
« Reply #474 on: 23 June 2013, 12:21:20 »
Why would the Adders warn the Horses? They are tainted just as much as the other IS Clans. (Though I could see the Lions warning them.)

I think it's a reference to the ongoing conspiracy theory that the Horses and/or the Foxes are working for/with/as part of the Homeworld Clans  :)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #475 on: 23 June 2013, 12:24:11 »
I think it's a reference to the ongoing conspiracy theory that the Horses and/or the Foxes are working for/with/as part of the Homeworld Clans  :)

I don't think it counts as a theory if there's no evidence.

Wolflord

• Major
« Reply #476 on: 23 June 2013, 12:27:36 »
I don't think it counts as a theory if there's no evidence.

Ha that's just evidence that the watch has for its act together and it's covering its tracks  ;D

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence - *has a sudden hankering to watch some old X-files episodes*

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #477 on: 23 June 2013, 12:33:44 »
Hmm, if the Wolves-in-Exile are the next to fall? There is bad blood between them and the Wolves (absorbing them) and there might even be Lyran factions attacking them alone for using them as scapegoats.

Killing them off would be a great surprise and the dawn of a truly new era of Battletech.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #478 on: 23 June 2013, 12:37:54 »
Ha that's just evidence that the watch has for its act together and it's covering its tracks  ;D

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence - *has a sudden hankering to watch some old X-files episodes*

Okay, point. :D

WarGod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #479 on: 23 June 2013, 12:50:12 »
so what your saying is I can take a merc battalion, take over a FWL world, and get a Parliament seat?
A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

Register