Author Topic: Micro-Fighter Fuel Consumption  (Read 4749 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Micro-Fighter Fuel Consumption
« Reply #30 on: 17 March 2018, 22:13:18 »
If we go back far enough, we actually have another. The original escape pod in dropships and jumpships was created as a five ton fighter (albiet using fractional accounting and some weird half size engine). It received the same fuel efficiency as the fighters of the time (which was 15 points per ton in those days).
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #31 on: 17 March 2018, 22:22:37 »
Do You recall if they used full-sized cockpits for those? This is literally relevant to something I'm working on right now.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #32 on: 18 March 2018, 05:56:14 »
The escape pod did, but it's not clear on the life boat.  Neither listing completely accounts for the five tons, but I think the 0.5 ton missing on the escape pod is internal structure.

Cowdragon

• Captain
  • PM me for Ft. Collins CO battletech games
« Reply #33 on: 20 March 2018, 14:33:38 »
It occured to me we actually have a published example: the 8-ton Imperial T-Fighter from Nebula California, which had two tons of fuel and 160 fuel points.

What is this? Can you point me in the direction? I've never heard of that. Also, I'm a huge huge huge TIE Fighter fan, and tend to make my aerospace fighters around that same concept.

On wings of steel, Come I, Pillars of flame
Mark me, Fury bright as suns, Foes fear
The star back road, I hunt, Blood geld payment
Shan't be, The ravens throne, Blod Orn
- vidar (thank you vidar!!!)
Pie or Spehs and Tanks also BA

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #34 on: 20 March 2018, 15:24:00 »
What is this? Can you point me in the direction? I've never heard of that. Also, I'm a huge huge huge TIE Fighter fan, and tend to make my aerospace fighters around that same concept.
It is in Welcome to the Nebula California "CAT35APR23".
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Register