Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 171793 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #30 on: 23 May 2018, 10:43:43 »
Anthony, I've been wondering.  Did the governor listen to Euron's idea to open a MechWarrior school on Nejiro?  If so, how did she react to it?

I will add that all the merc units are in a better way to do warrior training. you all have mechs and basic sims for training.

the best that the planet has at this time is worker mechs.

Second, Euron has started talking to his tank commanders (Master Sgt. Saltcliffe and Sgt. Majs. Codd, Wynch and Kenning) if they had any family members who had their pilot's wings to fly the Hawk Moth.  I'm also looking over the big four families again for a permanent pilot for the Falcon Hawk.

you can do this it will take time for said personal to get on world. We do have a flight crew on world that pilot your vtol.

Third, can I roll to repair the damage to Hammer Bravo (it still needs a new head) and the Bravo Regulator (just armor damage to the front) before the game Sunday or is it still too early to do that?

That is no problem. just remind me before we start the game.

Lastly, I've decided that my incoming 'Mech is going to be the Wraith.  I don't have a fast moving scout 'Mech in my unit and I'd like to fix that, otherwise my 'Mechs are always going to get left in the dust by whatever they face.

Dave

no problem. as for the dust bit ... recall last game ... the big boys on the hill  >:D

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #31 on: 23 May 2018, 10:45:33 »
I had one last question.  I remember hearing that the Ironborn were given possession of the Hollander 'Mech and Hunter tank our allies captured.  Do we still have those at our base?

they are at your base outside of Hilo unless you want them some place different.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 23 May 2018, 15:31:04 »
I'd like to swap my Hussar for the Griffin.  The electronics are much more useful in the recon role.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #33 on: 23 May 2018, 16:42:49 »
I'd like to swap my Hussar for the Griffin.  The electronics are much more useful in the recon role.

OK will make the switch

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 23 May 2018, 21:28:02 »
they are at your base outside of Hilo unless you want them some place different.

OK, I'll have to roll to fix them as well then.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 26 May 2018, 07:09:38 »
*! Priority Secured Transmission !*

An unknown number of unidentified assailants have abducted the populace of Abaza at gunpoint {gps coordinates, a small settlement in the southeast territorial holdings of the Zakharovich Shuyona, population 273}

Track the assailants back to where they are holding the civilians, determine their health and safety; identify the assailants numbers and resources; report your plan of action for the safe retrieval of the civilians and what additional resources might be needed to accomplish the mission objective.

The assailants appear to be professional infantry in black military tactical gear and had at least six hover APC's; Maxims and Blizzards have been positively identified from surveillance footage. The current hypothesis is that they are Kokuryu-kai.
It is suspected the populace was targeted for the retired DCMS personnel living in the settlement, several were from a prominent combat engineering unit deployed on Luthien during the Clan Wars.

the attached intelligence packet includes a current list of the missing townspeople and their picture ID's, with the former DCMS personnel highlighted, stills and video from Abaza, tactical and strategic maps of a 1300 sq. km area in and around Abaza, a list of available resources {logistic, police, medical, military} and their expected time for deployment [including but not limited to: local guides and trackers, at least one CROW team, infiltration and retrieval teams, hostage negotiators, Strategic Response Units]

it is not an easy thing to contain and move 273 people, the intel packet is reviewed carefully and quickly the id's are loaded for quick id into the comps of the recon units and the local guides and trackers are tapped to try and figure the best likely routes of egress

kiah all so reviews for places  that may possible be used to hole up in with the hostages (old mines, box canons, old abandoned buildings etc) 

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 29 May 2018, 18:15:55 »
here ye here ye hark and attend.

i have been asked to post the next game days

so here they are

JUNE 17 - BATTLE TECH

JULY 8 - BATTLE TECH

JULY 22 - JIM WILL BE RUNNING ALPHA STRIKE

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL NIGHT

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #37 on: 31 May 2018, 13:02:07 »
“November Zero One Seven Two Niner Hotel to ground control. November Zero One Seven Two Niner Hotel to ground control.”
“Ground Control to November Zero One Seven Two Niner Hotel to ground control. We read you.”
“Control I have a grounded DropShip about 500 klicks south-east of Kamploops. Over”
“Roger Two Niner Hotel. What is your flight plan? Over”
“We are out of Port heading to Kamploops. Over”
“Can you divert to a different airfield? Over”
“Roger we have fuel to make Fukuda. Over”
“Two Niner Hotel you are now to proceed to Fukuda.”
“Roger control, proceeding to Fukuda.”

“Get me Firebird now!”

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 31 May 2018, 15:18:45 »
Does this report have anything to do with the tracking force sent last game?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #39 on: 31 May 2018, 16:40:46 »
Does this report have anything to do with the tracking force sent last game?

Just might rabbit  >:D

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 31 May 2018, 21:28:35 »
Do we know if this DropShip is one of ours?  Also, who's reporting this?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #41 on: 31 May 2018, 22:09:02 »
Do we know if this DropShip is one of ours? 

At this time it is an unknown ship

Also, who's reporting this?

It is a civilian heavy aircraft

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: 31 May 2018, 23:22:30 »
Is the drop ship in the same direction as we are tracking? and if so dose mission control get the tracking force on the horn and warn them?

if the location of the ship is sent to the scout force dose command want us to head toward the drop ship or continue following the force we are presently tracking

my thoughts are that the  force we are tracking maybe trying to lead us away from the drop ship. not that our scout force can do much against a drop ship but we may want to veer some of our force in the drop ships direction to scout that area for the governor

we may have to run interference to stop the civilians from being loaded onto the drop ship .

what are your thoughts guys ??

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #43 on: 01 June 2018, 03:46:51 »
Is the drop ship in the same direction as we are tracking?

yes but north of your track.

and if so dose mission control get the tracking force on the horn and warn them?

stop rushing things  ;)

if the location of the ship is sent to the scout force dose command want us to head toward the drop ship or continue following the force we are presently tracking

slow down more to come  >:D

my thoughts are that the  force we are tracking maybe trying to lead us away from the drop ship.

could be then maybe they have not turned north yet  ^-^

not that our scout force can do much against a drop ship

true that  ;D

but we may want to veer some of our force in the drop ships direction to scout that area for the governor

and yourself as well  ;)

we may have to run interference to stop the civilians from being loaded onto the drop ship .

what are your thoughts guys ??

getting warm, warmer, warmer  :-X

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: 01 June 2018, 16:30:13 »
Sounds like we're going to have to hot-drop some big guns in the path of those Blizzards just in case they plan on going for the DropShip.

Also, do we have a class on the DropShip or do we know if it's an Aerodyne or Spheroid type?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #45 on: 04 June 2018, 11:18:13 »
Sounds like we're going to have to hot-drop some big guns in the path of those Blizzards just in case they plan on going for the DropShip.

just might have to do that  or some mobile fire support for the recon unit

Also, do we have a class on the DropShip or do we know if it's an Aerodyne or Spheroid type?

no ID at this time.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #46 on: 12 June 2018, 11:59:43 »
“Ground Control to Two Niner Hotel can you give us an ID on the grounded Dropper?”
“Two Niner Hotel to ground negative. We have clouds and have no sensors. All we can see is that it is a Delta shape.”
“Roger Two Niner Hotel.”

“Sir Two Niner Hotel is moving to Fukuda and best ID on the grounded Dropper is it is a delta shape.”
“OK inform the units in the field and have them try and intercept the units they are tracking.”
“Sir I have the Task Group asking what they can do to help.”
“If they can have a couple of fighters on standby to track that dropper if it gets off that will be a big help.”
“Yes sir.”
“Make sure that we only want that ship tracked. It may have civilians on board.”
“If they have a JumpShip?”
‘That the fighters can force out of system. But I want that DropShip intact.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #47 on: 12 June 2018, 12:13:34 »
OK commanders this is your OpOrd.

Units in the tracking force from last mission are in play for this mission.
All unit commanders will pick two (2) units to help the tracking force already in the field.
These new units are up to the commander.

You have a total of six (6) enemy units that you are tracking. You Have four (4) Blizzard and two (2) Maxim class APC's. They may or may not have civilians on them, you will treat them as they do have civilians on board.

The raider units are heading for a DropShip do your best to stop them from boarding said DropShip.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2018, 15:20:02 by shadhawk »

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 12 June 2018, 17:07:33 »
Col. Euron Greyjoy: "Sgt. Major Wynch, Sgt. Major Kenning, this is Ironborn Actual.   The recon flight says the DropShip the enemy are headed for has a delta shape.  Presumedly, it's likely an aerodyne type."

Wynch: "Understood, Actual."  [To Kenning]: "At least we're not dealing with a battleship."

Greyjoy: "Additionally, all enemy APCs are to be treated as having civilian hostages.  This means if you destroy them, those hostages will likely all die.  Given that the Blizzards' armor is essentially made of tissue paper, I can't have any Gauss fire targeting them.  Instead, aim for the Maxims.  They can actually survive getting hit by your weapons and not immediately turn into confetti."

Kenning: "All due respect, sir, but what do we do about the Blizzards if we can't shoot them?"

Greyjoy: "Leave them to the others in your unit.  They have smaller guns to target the Blizzards without immediately murdering them."

Kenning: "Understood, Actual."

Greyjoy: "I'm planning on sending you back-up to help stop the raiders before they reach the DropShip and to deal with any reinforcements if they have any."

Wynch: "Who?"

Greyjoy: That I'm still determining, but they will reach you before the raiders escape.

Wynch: "Understood, Actual."

Greyjoy: "Good hunting.  What is dead may never die..."

Wynch and Kenning: "...but rises again, harder and stronger!"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #49 on: 14 June 2018, 15:01:05 »
One of my units will be the Piranha who screams "Hey, wait for me!"  I'm still working on the second unit.
I recommend that everyone brings something with missiles or machine guns that are good at getting those motive crits without blasting the vehicle open.  Devondra, your Piranha would be really useful on this one.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: 14 June 2018, 16:40:19 »
I thought the Piranha was staying in the city to make sure they didn't get attacked again?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #51 on: 14 June 2018, 17:24:13 »
I thought the Piranha was staying in the city to make sure they didn't get attacked again?

Militia units have landed and loaded the people up and are taking them to Port.

Units that were on security are now returning to base or joining the tracking force.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #52 on: 16 June 2018, 10:32:48 »
I'll send my second Karnov for extra boots on the ground.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: 16 June 2018, 23:12:23 »
well my ready 5 unit for last mission was my great worm

my second unit will be my archer

my Piranha was not in the last mission

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #54 on: 17 June 2018, 05:41:36 »
well my ready 5 unit for last mission was my great worm

my second unit will be my archer

my Piranha was not in the last mission
The Piranha doesn't have to be from the last mission.  The mechs you are planning to bring will not be able to keep up with the hovers or get the motive crit chances that your Piranha can.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: 17 June 2018, 06:40:31 »
dont realy have a choice the Piranha pilot is in the javelin right now and i dont want to use the lead tech in the ride cause he would be very green if you look at prior posts i put the piranha pilot in the javelin so we could use the javelin's electronics last game

since i have been told i can change my ready 5 mech i will bring my two bandits (F and H)

this is a very good idea but al my big guns are very slow for any kind of battle with fast hovers they would be around me and out of site in nothing flat.

« Last Edit: 17 June 2018, 07:10:12 by Devondra »

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #56 on: 21 June 2018, 16:04:19 »
So how did the fighting end up?

Fortunately, they can put my Savannah Master on the back of a pickup truck at this point...

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #57 on: 21 June 2018, 16:47:20 »
So how did the fighting end up?

Not to bad for your side.
You guys have 3 hovers down with many movie kills each. The Karnov that was shot down. The Locust lost a lot of armor and some internal structure damage. Other vehicles with armor damage.

The bad guys 4 APCs destroyed 1 heavy damage the other no damage. They got away.

1 squad of enemy infantry less 2 are prisoners.

Fortunately, they can put my Savannah Master on the back of a pickup truck at this point...

No quite but recovery units are inbound for all the broken toys.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 21 June 2018, 21:42:35 »
So there were no hostages in the APC we actually were able to collect?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #59 on: 21 June 2018, 22:03:22 »
So there were no hostages in the APC we actually were able to collect?

No they are in a camp about 40 kicks from the battle site

Register