Author Topic: Chicago - Casual Campaign Sunday  (Read 2086 times)

TheBlueRaja

• Recruit
Chicago - Casual Campaign Sunday
« on: 08 July 2018, 20:55:43 »
We're going to reuse this post for all Grognards campaign meetings. This way we can just subscribe to one post. Check below for newer posts from me for the latest dates to play.

Hi Friends,

Sunday, July 15 11:30AM at Grognard games in Roselle we're going to play a casual game followed by rule discussion / character generation for the campaign starting next month! We're going to play our campaign based on a rule set brought to my attention by one of our casual monthly game regulars. Rules are online below. On the 15th, we'll discuss any house rules or modifications we want to play with. Looking forward to some discussion and destruction - I'll be bringing my lucky "fail the piloting check and slide on this road for miles" dice, as well as all equipment, models and accessories required to play this month's scenario. Just bring yourself. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YzhwPZlpehMhLZAyGSQ648bzyiUxfhvWq59pqiqikho/edit
« Last Edit: 12 August 2018, 13:09:09 by TheBlueRaja »

slothagent

• Private
Re: Chicago - Casual Campaign Sunday
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2018, 07:39:27 »
This campaign sounds really fun but I have a schedule conflict for July 15. Do you think it would be possible to add players later?

Hideyori

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2018, 08:49:28 »
Awesome!   See you Sunday! 

TheBlueRaja

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2018, 14:41:43 »
Hi Fellows, sorry for the reply.
Hideyori, looking forward to it! I'll prep you a Panther sheet.

Slothagent, yes, absolutely! I'll get there early every event for people who would like to do character creation. We'll get you in on the next game

TheBlueRaja

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2018, 13:07:56 »
Mechwarriors of Chicago. The first battle in our campaign will be held on Sunday August 26th at Grognard Games in Roselle IL. We'll meet at 11AM for character generation and 'Mech selection. Models on the field by 12:30. All skill levels welcome, even brand new players. All equipment and models will be provided, no need to bring anything.

See you there!
-Andy

Hideyori

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2018, 11:24:45 »
Fantastic!   Time to paint some miniatures....

Terry

slothagent

• Private
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2018, 16:40:36 »
I'm planning to make it out for this one.  I'm looking forward to character creation, I'll read over the rules tonight.  Thanks for organizing this :-) .

Hideyori

• Private
« Reply #7 on: 27 August 2018, 08:40:24 »
Good time yesterday!   Looking forward to next month.

slothagent

• Private
« Reply #8 on: 27 August 2018, 21:55:23 »
I had a lot of fun on Sunday, it was nice to meet everyone.  I was also really impressed with how much depth the campaign system added to the game, even with just one session.

TheBlueRaja

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2018, 22:40:46 »
Sunday, September 30 11:30AM at Grognard games in Roselle we're going to continue our campaign series! New players welcome; this is a very casual group. We're going to play our campaign based on a rule set brought to my attention by one of our casual monthly game regulars. Rules are in an earlier post, but you do not need to do any homework before showing up. Looking forward to some robotic destruction - I'll be bringing my lucky "fail the piloting check and slide on this road for miles" dice, as well as all equipment, models and accessories required to play this month's scenarios. If you want to bring any equipment, please feel free. If you don't have any hardware, just bring yourself. Again, new and old players welcome.

Hideyori

• Private
« Reply #10 on: 24 September 2018, 09:44:32 »
Awesome!!  See you then!

slothagent

• Private
« Reply #11 on: 24 September 2018, 10:38:55 »
I can't make this one but I hope you all have a good time.  Catch you at the next one :-) .

Hideyori

• Private
« Reply #12 on: 01 October 2018, 12:50:59 »
Really sorry I missed yesterday.   Had to put myself into sickbay for the weekend.  See you all next month.

TheBlueRaja

• Recruit
« Reply #13 on: 22 October 2018, 21:11:18 »
Hi guys, this month we're taking a break on the campaign. Todd at Grognards asked me to host a Battletech game for the charity event they have going on this weekend. I'm going to be doing a grinder event Saturday 10/27 from 11:30-4:30!

$5 donation lets you play Battletech (of course) as well as loads of other drop-in games. Donations are going to the Hope's Front Door group. As with typical grinder games, this event will be drop-in, so sit down and play for as long or as short as you'd like. No need to bring any gear. New players very welcome!