Author Topic: MegaMek - Editing Pilot Damage  (Read 651 times)

Piro

• Recruit
MegaMek - Editing Pilot Damage
« on: 30 January 2024, 15:50:15 »
Some friends and I have been playing scenarios from Era Report 3050 Clan Invasion using MegaMek to play online (distance and in person scheduling has been a problem). We are NOT using MegaMek HQ, we just keep track of Warchest points and other data on a different document. So far it has been quite successful, but we noticed that after some pilots have sustained damaged, the only way to "heal" them is by editing the .MUL file. None of us have been able to find an option, command dialogue or anything that allows us to edit Pilot damage.

If any of you has an idea where that option might be, we'll appreciate it. We feel it is such a necessary feature that it makes us wonder why isn't there any other way to do it through MegaMek (I'm 99.98% sure that there's a way to heal pilots through MegaMek HQ, which would also help, but if we had go that way, we rather just edit the MUL file using notepad).

If such a feature does not exist, and you happen to know a dev working on MegaMek, please let them know (or let me know what I need to make a push request in GitHub. At this point I rather code for 50 hours to automate a task that takes me less than 1 minute XD)
I accept your Batchall

Sleet01

• Recruit
Re: MegaMek - Editing Pilot Damage
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2024, 02:59:40 »
I've had the opportunity to do some work on MegaMek, but I'm afraid I don't quite understand how you are producing persistent pilot damage game over game.  Do I understand correctly that you are saving a MUL after one battle, and then loading it again to start the next battle?

MM doesn't really have any provisions for managing pilots outside of the minimum needed to set up the skills, SPAs, and names used in a match.  What wound- and experience-tracking it does is meant to be fed into MekHQ, which contains all the pilot management functionality.

That said, since MegaMek already supports adjusting ammo and damage for 'mechs, as well as some pilot capabilities, it would make sense to add support for pilot wound adjustment in the lobby.

Please file a Request For Enhancement on the MegaMek GitHub page, following the steps listed here:

https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/wiki/Creating-an-Issue-%28Bug-Report%2C-Request-for-Enhancement%2C-Errata%29

Please give as much detail as you can about your current usage of the program, the issue you've encountered, and the feature you would like to see added to MegaMek.
This will allow us to most efficiently assign somebody to look at the request and determine how and when to implement the requested feature.

Thanks!
- I laughed, I cried, I fell down, it changed my life... it was good!

Sleet01

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2024, 17:19:10 »
This is now being tracked as a MegaMek RFE: https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/issues/5112

Piro

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2024, 15:42:32 »
Thank you very much Sleet01. I will keep in with the request in GitHub.  :grin:
I accept your Batchall

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube.
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2024, 15:54:00 »
If you bring it into MekHQ, using the Gamemaster setting, you can edit injuries from there.

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

Sleet01

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2024, 15:27:00 »
We were able to get very simple pilot hit editing into 0.49.18 at the last minute.

In the "Pilot" tab of the Configuration dialog, under "Nickname", users can now see and edit pilot hits prior to starting the game.  They will persist as long as the same pilot is used from game to game (via MULs or MekHQ), and should interact with MekHQ injury management just like wounds from battle.

Wounds can be set from 0 to 6, which will cause the pilot to appear as "DEAD" in-game.

Register