Author Topic: Is mixed tech battle armor with IS internal and Clans armor even acceptable?  (Read 2933 times)

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
You know, there are some mixed tech stuffs, but what about battle armors? Are they even acceptable, even on the meta with partially/fully allow the mixed tech?

Because it have a serious problem - per TechManual, compared by IS battle armor, Clans battle armor has lighter armor but also have much heavier internal structure. It seems that much lighter Clans armor is only a compensate for their much heavier internals, and it seems that the only difference in IS/Clans armor are their weapons and the presence of VTOL battle armor. And you know, there is no advantage of heavier Clans battle armor internal with HarJel on Battletech games.

Well, weapons and equipments are fine, I think, but are you think that it is also fine to mixing IS internal and Clans armor part? Mimetics are only available on IS tech, though.

For me, after have some testing runs of some of these mixed custom stuffs it seems fine, though, for battle armors are not so powerful even with such a glitch and is not enough to turn the tide(although I only put limited numbers of them and they are only there for the support branch of the mixed lances). But what do you think?
« Last Edit: 15 September 2019, 12:19:32 by PuppyLikesLaserPointers »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
HarJel impacts battles in vacuum, even under TW rules.  The advantage it provides at other scales (e.g., AToW) is huge (i.e., "you don't automatically die when you take a hit").

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
Indeed, on space Clans are on the upper hand.

Thunder

• Master Sergeant
There are stock designs that used mixed tech.  earliest is from 3073.  By 3137 its considered standard tech with the Grenadier II (Well according to the MUL...)

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
There are stock designs that used mixed tech.  earliest is from 3073.  By 3137 its considered standard tech with the Grenadier II (Well according to the MUL...)

Ha, it actually does! I didn't aware of that. Then it seems that it is not only possible but also not that problematic either. Thanks!

Register