Author Topic: Looking for a group near Charlotte, NC  (Read 1623 times)

pupecki

• Sergeant
Looking for a group near Charlotte, NC
« on: 23 July 2019, 17:24:08 »
Just wanted to see if there are any players near Charlotte, NC. It’s been a few years since I have last played but I’ve been itching to find a group to play with and jump back in!

fallen

• Master Sergeant
Re: Looking for a group near Charlotte, NC
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2019, 17:59:44 »
I used to play with a cool group down near Fort Mill and Rock Hill, when I lived down that way years ago.  We played at a place called Above Board Games.  I've not had a chance to travel down and see the group in a while, so I don't know if they are still active.

PsylockeSmythe

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2019, 11:08:35 »
Above Board Games closed their doors at the end of 2015. I've not seen Battletech played or have any of the gaming materials at any of the gaming shops in the Fort Mill / Rock Hill area that I've been in recently.  I'm not sure if it is played at any of the gaming stores in Charlotte. 

Psy

fallen

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2019, 15:53:02 »
Wow!  I didn't know that!  Thanks for the update, and I apologize for the dated information/answer.

PsylockeSmythe

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2019, 09:03:05 »
Not a problem.  Above Board closed, if I remember right, because the land lord wanted them to sign a long term lease that almost doubled their rent and they were only willing/wanting at the time to sign a short term lease.  A lot of people were sad to see them close.  I enjoyed the store because they were less then a 10 minute drive from my house.

Psy

fallen

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 07 August 2019, 20:40:47 »
Well, I did move away in 2012, but the group there was pretty active then.  They were a really gregarious bunch, willing to explain rules and let others use their minis and dice.  Good times...  It has been my experience that these things run in cycles.  Maybe a new group will pop up in that area soon.

PsylockeSmythe

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2019, 10:14:08 »
Someone posted on Reddit that there is a small group that plays on Thursday's at Your Local Game Store, which is located in Mint Hill.  Since it looks like they meet on a weekday, it would rule out for me going to check them out.  Since I would be looking at a 45min to an hour drive each way.  No way I would have the time.

Psy

Register