Author Topic: Retrieving my BattleCorps account  (Read 1894 times)

-Ice

• Sergeant
Retrieving my BattleCorps account
« on: 29 September 2016, 16:00:49 »
*sigh!*

Here I am again, trying to access my BattleCorps account.  Funny enough, I tried this two years ago and managed to remember the username and email address I used (account was originally created in 2008/2009) but apparently, I did not save the info in my browser.  I've emailed the old BC email address last Monday but I've yet to hear from anyone.  Is there a new, different way to contact BC?

Shin Yodama

• Master Sergeant
Re: Retrieving my BattleCorps account
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2016, 16:36:25 »
I believe the current method is to face a mirror and say "Battlecorps" three times in quick succession. This has been known to garner the interest of certain beings on a higher plane.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2016, 22:45:10 »
Did you email their customer support at customerservice.catalyst@gmail.com?  If you don't receive a response from that email address you can try emailing Randall directly at randall@catalystgamelabs.com.  Of course if you catch him on an off-day he might 'accidentally' delete your account completely. ;D
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

-Ice

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2016, 12:56:49 »
I hope you guys are just being funny?  Is BC no longer a good place to get stuff from?

I have emailed the gmail account and also sent off some mail via the CGL website.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2016, 13:39:43 »
The BattleCorps BattleShop continues to work fine for PDFs, but there have been multiple cases of individuals posting to this board complaining they have ordered physical products and not received them, and being unable to get a response via e-mail channels.  Explanations for the problem include a software error that buried physical orders in the system for a period of several months, and incompatibilities with the third-party fulfillment warehouse's system, which had a tendency to mark physical/PDF bundle orders as delivered when only the PDF had been downloaded.

The above is all based on my reading of forum chatter, and not from the horse's mouth or based on personal experience.  I personally have not had any problems with PDF orders or purely physical orders, but have admittedly never bought a PDF/book bundle.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2016, 17:47:28 »
Based on forum chatter, the issue seems to be with the PDF/DTF combos.

Purely speculation, but it's sort of as if the ordering system thinks the order's been sent when the PDF is downloaded. Or it may be as simple as the order having moved to "partially fulfilled", and the distributor is getting a list of "open orders", or something like that.

Randall Bills (God-King of CGL) is aware of the BattleShop problems.

Wish we could do more to help, but the forums here are a separate, volunteer-run org.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

-Ice

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2016, 18:55:04 »
So emailing Randall is the best way of getting through? 

I'd gladly take my business to DTRPG if that is a better option, but I would still like to download the books I purchased years ago!

-Ice

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 25 October 2016, 15:50:31 »
Sent an email again to customerservice.catalyst@gmail.com and to randall@catalystgamelabs.com and it's been two weeks now and no word from either of them.  My first email to the customer service email address is almost a month old now as well.  Please, can anyone help?  :-\

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 25 October 2016, 21:02:21 »
I'm afraid this forum isn't connected with the BattleCorps administration. Those are the only two avenues we've got to advise them of your problem.

Still, I'll give it a go too.

Worktroll, Ombudsman.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #9 on: 26 October 2016, 09:56:10 »
Good luck, I would like to get the stories I bought years ago when they were worth it . . . but I have given up on that after it took forever to get a e-mail response and the description of the problem seemed to be ignored.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

-Ice

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 26 October 2016, 15:43:39 »
What?  None of the guys here have any connections to anyone from the BattleCorps part of the company?  That's a disappointing surprise!  :'(

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #11 on: 26 October 2016, 16:43:26 »
We have no official roles in the management of the BattleCorps site.

Think of it as two different departments in a company - IT would get pissy if HR dictated their network protocols, and vice versa.

But in terms of CGL heirarchy, we've got Randall's email, and use it when we have to. But it's not like the canteen servers can shoot the breeze with the MD on a regular basis :)

W.

-Ice

• Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 27 October 2016, 05:53:56 »
Understood.  Just disappointed at the continued lack of response, as if the site no longer operates.

Register