Author Topic: San Diego Battletech  (Read 49848 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: San Diego Alpha Strike Association
« Reply #150 on: 13 October 2019, 19:36:06 »
Thanks to you and everyone who came.  Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #151 on: 14 October 2019, 10:05:48 »
Howdy all.  In regards to the start of the next campaign, check your calendars for Saturday November 2 and November 9.  Both those dates are pretty clear at Game Empire at this time.  Let me know what works best.  I'm good either day.

We've had some new faces around.  Everyone is welcome to get in on this if you wish, as players or helping with the OpFor.

As always, hit me up with any questions.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

2nd Dragoon

• Private
« Reply #152 on: 15 October 2019, 12:26:20 »
I believe the 2nd weekend in November is the Historicon convention in San Diego which I have already registered for several months ago.
Trust only kinsman for upon the battlefield there is only death and silence and the eternal coldness that surrounds us all. The glory comes only afterward when the fear and terror is forgotten as the tankard is refilled."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #153 on: 18 October 2019, 18:52:23 »
November 2 is out for me.  November 9 and 16 are good and solid.  So far it looks like the 16th is open for most folks.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #154 on: 22 October 2019, 23:29:55 »
November 16th is the date.  11:00 AM at Game Empire.

If you are planning on being part of the player mercenary forces, I must have your force lists no later than Tuesday, November 12.

I should have track 1 finished and out no later than this Sunday.

Please send any all questions my way.

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #155 on: 28 October 2019, 21:09:52 »
Track 1 has been sent out.  If for any reason you did not receive a copy, please let me know.

2nd Dragoon

• Private
« Reply #156 on: 31 October 2019, 20:58:20 »
Just got out of the VA hospital after spending four days there...Stabelizers not connected to gyro right now so things are very rough vertigo wise.  Surgery was longer with lots of inner ear complications... dice rolling and driving on hold for a week or two...  time will tell... :) :(
Trust only kinsman for upon the battlefield there is only death and silence and the eternal coldness that surrounds us all. The glory comes only afterward when the fear and terror is forgotten as the tankard is refilled."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #157 on: 31 October 2019, 22:48:12 »
Sorry to hear that.  Hope things proceed well for you. :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #158 on: 15 November 2019, 20:17:09 »
For those attending, and those who may be interested in checking out the action, here is your last minute game reminder:

When: Saturday, November 16, 11:15 AM
Where:  Game Empire, 5037 Shawline St, San Diego, CA 92111

Be there or be square.  ;D :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #159 on: 24 November 2019, 22:23:02 »
Howdy all.  Thanks to everyone who made it for the last game.  I know life got in the way for several folks last time.  No worries, this campaign was built with that kind of thing in mind.  Still plenty of game for those who missed.

And on that note, next dates I have free are December 14 and 21.  I know this is a busy time for everyone, so if need be we can do a one off next month and pick the campaign up after the New Year.  Let me know what works for you.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :beer:

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #160 on: 17 December 2019, 17:17:52 »
Howdy all.  A copy of what I emailed out.  If anyone is interested in playing this month, here's what I can do:

December 22 - Can do an evening game after 6
December 27, 28 - Free all day
December 29 - Can do an evening game after 6

Sorry about the change on the 21st.  Didn't expect my brother to cruise into town for our mom's birthday.

Let me know what works and we'll make some scrap metal.

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
Valkerie

2nd Dragoon

• Private
« Reply #161 on: 24 December 2019, 11:46:32 »
I am good for the 28th for a game of classic.... or what ever at GE providing a get  off the mountain.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #162 on: 24 December 2019, 19:19:08 »
I'm in.  Keep me posted on your status.

Anyone else who wants to join in, let me know here or via email.

Merry Christmas all!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #163 on: 27 December 2019, 00:30:07 »
Hello all.  First, the usual spiel:

When: Saturday, December 28, 10:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Where:  Game Empire, 5037 Shawline St, San Diego, CA 92111

This will be a classic battle.  Two recon units running into each other.  Game details below:

Once Lance (4 Units) per player (how many units are used will depend on the amount of players)
Each Lance may have mechs and vehicles
No unit more than 50 tons, maximum Battle Value (BV) is 8,000 per Lance
Era cutoff is 3085
No experimental tech, no custom units
Standard Total Warfare rules
Inner Sphere or Clan Tech (mixing allowed)

Hit me up with any questions. :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #164 on: 18 January 2020, 11:15:21 »
Anyone out there who would like to seem some Alpha Strike in North County San Diego, a couple of us will be at Gaming on Grand in Escondido today.  Game will start at 10:30 and we'll be there until we're finished.  Come on by if you want to see what Alpha Strike is all about. :)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #165 on: 26 January 2020, 13:58:30 »
Howdy all.  We'll be back out in Escondido at Gaming on Grand this coming Friday, January 31 starting at 10:30 AM.  Got two games going, one at 10:30 and a second one starting around 2 or so.  Not sure what we're doing for the first game yet, but the second game we will be starting Turning Points - War of 3039:Vega.  Both games will be Alpha Strike.

If you are interested, please let me know.  New players are always welcome! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 29 January 2020, 19:54:04 by Valkerie »

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #166 on: 04 February 2020, 19:29:41 »
At this juncture, everyone's schedules are all shot, so we will be meeting up again in March.  See you all then. :thumbsup:

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #167 on: 22 February 2020, 17:40:45 »
Sounds like a plan. Last few months for me have been bad, between work being more hectic than usual and my dad dying in January. Some Battletech next month would be welcome.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #168 on: 22 February 2020, 21:34:34 »
Condolences on your loss sir.

Looking at the last two weeks of March to meet up next.  I'll have the info ready before then.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #169 on: 03 March 2020, 10:38:15 »
Howdy all.  Current plan is to meet at Game Empire on Saturday, March 28.

Once I have a head count, I'll send out Track 2.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #170 on: 14 March 2020, 01:40:47 »
Good evening all.  Unless things get really weird and dire out there, we are still on for March 28th at Game Empire.  I should have the game info out to you by Sunday eve at the latest.

And for anyone who is interested, there is potential for back to back game days.  Our Orange County friends are running an Alpha Strike game on Sunday, March 29th at Comic Quest in Lake Forest (roughly 40 minutes north from here in Vista).  If you are interested in joining that game, let me know.  I'll be going, so I'm happy to carpool.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #171 on: 16 March 2020, 22:13:19 »
Good evening all.  With everything going on and public awareness in mind, I'm postponing things for now until we get through this outbreak.  I will not be going up to play in Orange County either.  I don't know if they're cancelling that game yet or not, but I imagine it will be.

Stay safe everyone, and hope to see you all on the other side of this. :thumbsup:

2nd Dragoon

• Private
« Reply #172 on: 17 March 2020, 21:16:23 »
Be safe by staying at your paint table and painting all those unfinished figures and build terrain....

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #173 on: 17 March 2020, 23:09:02 »
That's the plan if work gets shut down.  I have a nice little stockpile to work on. ;D

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #174 on: 19 March 2020, 13:47:55 »
We've been scrambling the last week to get as many staffers as we can to be able to work remotely, but also to set up the COVID-19 testing "cabanas" at some of our hospital sites.  Which resulted in this little ditty we came up with at work:

At the COVID (CO!) COVID Cabana (COVID Cabana)
The hottest spot north of Wuhan (here)
At the COVID (CO!) COVID Cabana
Sickness and fever will always deliver
At the COVID we all get ill
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #175 on: 14 May 2020, 20:59:53 »
Howdy all.  Hope everyone is still doing well and clearing out the hobby backload.  Still no idea when we'll be able to throw the dice again, but I've got something in the works once we do.  It will be independent of the campaign.  Just something fun to get back into things and get those Battletech juices flowing again.  ;)

Till then, stay safe and healthy eveyone! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Valkerie

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #176 on: 14 May 2020, 21:03:54 »
Howdy all.  Hope everyone is still doing well and clearing out the hobby backload.  Still no idea when we'll be able to throw the dice again, but I've got something in the works once we do.  It will be independent of the campaign.  Just something fun to get back into things and get those Battletech juices flowing again.  ;)

Till then, stay safe and healthy eveyone! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Valkerie

I don't want to get in the cart!

I've literally been coughing and having mild shortness of breath issues since mid-March.  I can't get a COVID-19 test, though, because I've not been running a detectable fever, and I've actually been sick too long.  My doctors aren't sure if I've got shiny new allergies combined with my existing reactive airway issues, or if something else is going on, but if I did have COVID-19, it wasn't considered severe enough to test me at this point.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #177 on: 24 May 2020, 20:54:27 »
Good evening all!  If things continue to go well, I'm looking to host some Battletech on my patio the end of June.  Specifically Saturday, June 27.  Tough to play without being in some kind of close quarters, so outdoors we go for maximum air flow. ;)  The awesome local pizza will be provided again. 

The hope would be to get a couple of quick, linked games in, so Alpha Strike will be the game rules in play.  Exact scenarios will be forthcoming, but I will likely be running something set in the Dark Ages.

Let me know if you're interested.  Till then, stay healthy all. :thumbsup:

2nd Dragoon

• Private
« Reply #178 on: 21 June 2020, 21:16:27 »
As for the 27th, depends on being granted liberty by the SWMBO/ComNavWifePac.  She is paranoid about the Wulan Flu.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #179 on: 23 June 2020, 21:00:08 »
No worries.  Totally understand and always better to error on the side of caution, and there will be more battles in the future I'm sure.  The few of us who will be here have been out and working throughout this, and we're still taking precautions.