Author Topic: Creating Serednya Slaviya's military, part the second  (Read 22807 times)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
Re: Creating Serednya Slaviya's military, part the second
« Reply #570 on: 25 March 2024, 21:31:12 »
I'll have to give that a watch.

That portion of Western Ukraine doesn't seem to have been heavily improved as far as economic reforms; certainly not to the level of the Baltic States.  According to the GDP for the six oblasts that make up the country, Serednya Slaviya's only packing 19,600 million in GDP.  Over a third of that is Lviv itself; the other oblasts are in the 2-3 billion range.  It's just a poor country.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
Re: Creating Serednya Slaviya's military, part the second
« Reply #571 on: 28 March 2024, 01:33:34 »
"The smaller and smaller your nation and budget gets, the harder and harder decisions you have to make when it comes to prioritization."  Ain't that the truth, Perun.  I'm thinking of axing a lot of modern hardware from the SSLF and going with the blueprint of the Baltics, namely that of a mechanized infantry force that has a bit of artillery to support it.  What that force looks like is going to be pretty heavily Soviet, though I think I can equip one battalion of troops with Bradleys since they're coming so cheap.  The rest get BTR-70s.

As far as the Air Force goes, I'm going to scrap the helicopter idea - a hundred million dollars goes back into infrastructure and 'brigade slice' funding much better than it does a group of choppers.  I'll keep it at 1,500 personnel, which should be more than enough to operate a few cargo/passenger planes and monitor radar stations at airfields across the country.

I'm still mixed on conscription - I've got a bigger population than the Baltics combined, so I've got manpower I can use.  I just don't have the budget for equipping all of them past basic gear, uniforms, and a rifle with at least some full magazines; as far as the size of the army I'm not seeing it as bigger than Estonia's as far as active duty goes.  Maybe I've got a larger reserve component, with the larger population, but I don't see the active force being past the 7,000 personnel average of the Baltic armies.

Good video, though, and really explores what the trio mean to NATO and vice versa.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!