Author Topic: 2011-04-26 Grand Theft Agro [Alex Fauth]  (Read 3097 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
2011-04-26 Grand Theft Agro [Alex Fauth]
« on: 27 April 2011, 02:26:24 »
Not every 'Mech is a BattleMech...

Juanita Kwan is an expert at what she does--but what she does is not what people see. When raiders attack Imbros in Prefecture I, she is forced to drop her concealment and act as the warrior she is.

Dread Moores

• Captain
Re: 2011-04-26 Grand Theft Agro [Alex Fauth]
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2011, 14:35:59 »
Is this the same Grand Theft Agro that Deadborder had on the forums at one point?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2011, 16:58:08 »
Like the story, especially the part about the bacon.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2011, 17:21:01 »
this one didn't do it for me, though it is exciting to see DA stories. the fact that this was the first story release in like a month is also a little disappointing  :-\
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2011, 18:27:01 »
This is the best BC story ever. Though I may be biased.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2011, 01:47:16 »
I'm a bit diasppointed. I thought we were beyond this "shortly-after-Black-out-AgroMechs-fight-for-the-future".
The story itself, hmm. Maybe I missed a part, but IMHO there were too many holes in the storyline.
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2011, 02:13:33 »
I'm a bit diasppointed. I thought we were beyond this "shortly-after-Black-out-AgroMechs-fight-for-the-future".

Given that BattleCorps fiction can be from any point in the timeline, we're never really "beyond" any period. We could see a story set in pre-Star League days followed by a story set in the 3140s followed by a tale of the FedCom Civil War.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2011, 05:01:23 »
My comment was not based on the timeline.
Based on my perception of this forum (and others) most people are glad that companies/batallions or even regiments of Battlemechs again strode over the battlefields of the late 3130s/early 3140s and not the far-and-between mods of the first novels.
Describing the chaos after the HPG-shutdown (again) had not an 'wow!' effect while reading.

Just my 2 cents.
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"