Author Topic: 2nd St. Ives Lancers, 2nd Battalion, 3060  (Read 1693 times)

Seartethel

• Recruit
2nd St. Ives Lancers, 2nd Battalion, 3060
« on: 22 May 2018, 19:51:56 »
Hello! If you haven't noticed already, this is my first post here. I'm basically new to Battletech in general. I'm not huge into mechs usually, but I love the look of (most of) the ones here. Also Battle Armor. :P

A bit under a year ago a friend was talking about the new game that was in development (or one of them, idk) and I started looking at the board game. The rules are really cool  ;D Also, I fell in love with St. Ives and expecially Duchess Candace Liao. So I've wanted to so something like this for a while, and now I have (kinda)

Also, Kyone Akashi is the friend who got me into this (they said they haven't posted here in years).

So anyway, I've put together a roster for the 2nd Battalion of the 2nd St. Ives Lancers, in the year 3060. I chose this because I liked the idea of doing the "workhorse" regiment, and the book Twilight of the Clans has a roster for a Battalion of the 2nd St Ives Lancers, which I'm assuming for convenience is the 1st Battalion. This makes the 2nd Battalion more or less my own little corner of the universe to work with  :D

2nd St. Ives Lancers, 2nd Battalion, 3060      
Command Lance

PLG-3Z Pillager
Kodiak (Clan Ghost Bear)
BL-6-KNT Black Knight
LGB-12C Longbow

Main Battle Company
Battleline Lance
PNT-9R Panther
VND1-R Vindicator
CTF-1X Cataphract
HGN-733C Highlander

Recon Lance
RVN-1X Raven
CN9-D Centurion
CHP-1N Champion
CGR-1L Charger

Support Lance
VND-1SIC Vindicator
APL-1M Apollo
ARC-4M Archer
STC-2C Striker

Jump Company
Battleline Lance
PNT-9R Panther
VND1-R Vindicator
CRD-3L Crusader
VTR-9D Victor

Recon Lance
WSP-1L Wasp
C-SK1 Cossack
SDR-7M Spider
Goshawk (Clan Steel Viper)

Support Lance
VND-1SIC Vindicator
BJ-3 Blackjack
HEL-4A Helios
CPLT-C4 Catapult

Infantry Company
Alpha Platoon
Foot Platoon (LRM)

Bravo Platoon
Foot Platoon (Laser)

Charlie Platoon
Gray Death Scout Battle Armor Squad [4] x3
Inner Sphere Standard Battle Armor Squad (Laser) [4]

I've already talked too much, so I'll try to keep my notes on this brief. I'd appreciate any comments or questions!
Structure: Based on the battalion listed in the Twilight of the Clans book. I limited myself to mechs listed under the St. Ives Faction of the Master Unit List. The House Liao sourcebook (authored by Rick David Stewart and copyrighted 1988) lists the Vindicator and Panther as the signature mechs of the 2nd Lancers so I tried to make use of them. The Battleline, Recon and Support labels and structure were something I added myself for more definition.
Clan Mechs: Assumed to be captured mechs
Black Knight: the battalion in Twilight of the Clans used mostly mechs not listed for St. Ives on the Master Unit List. This is one of them, and also the only mech (besides the clan ones) not listed for Ives on the MUL.
Jump Company: I wanted some distinction between the Companies so all the mechs in the 2nd Company have Jump movement (all have 4+ unless I'm mistaken).
Battle Armor: I just really like Battle Armor as a concept. These are both rather basic models FedCom has had since 3052, the idea being they sold some to Ives.
Commanding Officer: Major Holly Firsten is listed as the commanding officer of the 2nd company of the 2nd lancers in the aforementioned House Liao sourcebook. It seems to me the book is set in 3025, so it's dubious whether she's still in charge. Furthermore, the Field Manual: Capellan Confederation (copyright 2000) lists Brevet Sao-shao Julius Scavros as the commander of the 2nd battalion of the 2nd lancers. This books seems to be set after St. Ives reunification with the Capellan Confederation. Personally I like the name Holly Firsten a bit better but I'm open to comment on it.

I really am interested in following the canon, I just don't have the depth of knowledge yet to do so, which is why I'm posting this here. I really do appreciate any comments or questions at all. :D Thanks to anyone who read all this! I'm sure I've forgotten stuff, I'll fill in gaps as they come up (hopefully)
« Last Edit: 22 May 2018, 20:13:58 by Seartethel »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: 2nd St. Ives Lancers, 2nd Battalion, 3060
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2018, 20:33:22 »
Technically these belong to the Non-Canon side... But as for discussing St. Ives in general, here is where you should.

Other than this, I like it.

Welkome to da boards, Seartethrl!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Seartethel

• Recruit
Re: 2nd St. Ives Lancers, 2nd Battalion, 3060
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2018, 22:19:42 »
What I meant is that I want what I create to be consistent with the existing canon, to build upon it rather than overwrite it. :D

That’s what I’m looking for: comments on what does and doesn’t fit the canon and how I can change what I have to make it more accurate.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2018, 22:23:00 by Seartethel »

Register