Author Topic: Seeker question?  (Read 1476 times)

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
Seeker question?
« on: 22 July 2018, 10:50:49 »
The Seeker is fluffed as starting production in 2815, in 6 shipyards in 3 states (FS, LC, & CC). This puts it in the middle of the First SW.

So my question is, how?

Was it a design from the SL that some lost tech prospector sold to everyone he could?

Or a design developed by one house just to be stolen by the other two?

Or something else? Is there an official answer somewhere?

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Vition2

• Lieutenant
Re: Seeker question?
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2018, 14:11:26 »
While the First SW cause a huge amount of infrastructural damage, the minds behind creating and dispersing new equipment were still around - the lostech era wouldn't really begin until the near the end Second SW. 

I have two thoughts on how the Seeker in particular was propagated:

First, the design was a Star League or Hegemony creation, but it never made it into production - the Star League preferred much larger transports as they operated in a bulk not seen even during the First SW.  The design was stored in multiple locations as it wasn't considered particularly secretive or ground-breaking, so the taking of Hegemony worlds allowed multiple successor states to take and then build the design.

Second, the Seeker is actually multiple different classes based on a very similar role and chassis - all mostly independently created.  As the First SW wore on, a role for a fast deployment of forces was found and this design fit the criteria.  Eventually the design actually merged into a single class as the intelligence operations shared design specs from the different states until they were all virtually identical.

As for what happened in canon? *shrug*

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2018, 15:21:48 »
I had forgotten when the lostech era started, but I was thinking of the destruction caused by the Amaris Civil War.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2018, 06:05:08 »
Or the date was an error (Much like the Battlemaster and Zeus in TR3025) in the original source (Dropships & Jumpships - along with the Avenger and Mammoth both introduced in the 2800s) that was repeated in other books and is now canon.