Author Topic: How many decks does the Lung Wang P2 have?  (Read 1453 times)

Alan Grant

• Captain
How many decks does the Lung Wang P2 have?
« on: 19 July 2018, 19:23:12 »
As the subject line says, I'm trying to figure out a decent/reasonable guess for how many decks the Lung Wang P2 has.

I'm playing in a collaborative fiction writing game and my characters are the crew of a Lung Wang P2. So I'm working to flesh out the interior a bit. I've been using the Rocinante (from The Expanse universe) for a lot of the writing setting in my own head.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
Re: How many decks does the Lung Wang P2 have?
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2018, 22:05:03 »
My estimate would put it at around 4-5 "real" decks.  There'd be the "engine deck," one or two "mech/fighter/cargo decks," the "quarters deck," and the "command deck."  The "engine deck" would probably have a few sub-decks and the "mech and fighter decks" may also have multiple sub-decks while being mostly cubicles.

I could reasonably see as many as 12 decks based on the size of the ship, but I can't see what would reasonably be contained in them, so stuck with a much lower number.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2018, 19:20:20 »
Extra decks are easily filled with auxiliary machinery and fuel tankage.  What base dimensions are you using?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2018, 22:57:44 »
Given the art and dimensions mismatch, you can't really tell.

Wish they'd just stat a it as an aerodyne already. Or fix the listed dimensions to match its art.

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2018, 07:51:31 »
I actually really like that its a spheroid. Writing/roleplaying its decks, while underway, it just makes more sense as a spheroid with the ship working like a skyscraper. I like the concept of a Spheroid dropper it just makes more sense I just find the bowling ball or egg shape dull. To me the Lung Wang looks like a proper baby warship.

But the dimensions, yes, those don't really make sense. Would love to see those fixed.

The TRO fluff on the Lung Wang does say that the engine occupies almost 1/3rd of its mass, by the way. So I imagine there's a significant chunk of unusable space in there.

Register