Author Topic: Design Forums?  (Read 14630 times)

doulos05

• Warrant Officer
Design Forums?
« on: 25 January 2011, 20:09:02 »
I don't see them, have they not been set up yet?
I mean, it's not like once you having something in low Earth orbit you can stick a gassy astronaut on the outside after Chili Night and fart it anywhere in the solar system.

deathshadow

• Lieutenant
  • Special Tasks Group
    • Cut Code Down - Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Design Forums?
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2011, 20:11:47 »
Look down further... Since it's filled with "fan designs" it's been moved to the "fan" category.
Death will take those who fight alone.
But united we can break a fate once set in stone.

CUTCODEDOWN.COM

Darrian Wolffe

• Master Sergeant
  • Starting over is hard to do...
    • Team Cincinnati BattleTech!
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2011, 20:14:27 »
That'll be a lot easier for "official" types to avoid it altogether then to avoid cross-contamination, right?
Every time a grognard comes to realise the game can't survive purely on his dog-eared copy of the Warrior Trilogy, duct-taped CityTech boxed set and personal sense of spite and has taken a tack of mild concern for the future marketability of the game...an angel gets its wings.

deathshadow

• Lieutenant
  • Special Tasks Group
    • Cut Code Down - Minimalist Semantic Markup
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2011, 20:28:00 »
That was the general idea. We also wanted to more clearly divide up the various sections and knocked around a whole slew of different layouts and breakdowns of the categories. Get the fan done stuff all in one category, get the universe discussion separate from rules discussion, get all the official stuff like announcements and rules up top/first.

A lot of the reason the old one was so convoluted was we just kept adding to it without really sitting back for a review -- it also would have been awkward to move it around while people were trying to use it as well as posts in some sections may have belonged in different "new" ones, and moving hundreds of posts would have been a pain...

Basically we're trying to turn a negative (the clean sweep) into a positive (well, it may have needed a bit of cleaning)
« Last Edit: 25 January 2011, 20:29:47 by deathshadow »
Death will take those who fight alone.
But united we can break a fate once set in stone.

CUTCODEDOWN.COM

Darrian Wolffe

• Master Sergeant
  • Starting over is hard to do...
    • Team Cincinnati BattleTech!
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2011, 20:31:20 »
Oh, no issue.  As long as you've gotta do it, it may as well be "whole hog".  Nice to have 'em back!
Every time a grognard comes to realise the game can't survive purely on his dog-eared copy of the Warrior Trilogy, duct-taped CityTech boxed set and personal sense of spite and has taken a tack of mild concern for the future marketability of the game...an angel gets its wings.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2011, 20:35:21 »
I approve of the new organization!
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2011, 20:36:07 »
I like it actually.  I hope it pre-empts some of the huge amounts of post pinning.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2011, 20:48:41 »
Will there be new guidelines on what's appropriate for "Non-Canon Units"?  I ended up running a game there based on a unit I built in that forum.

doulos05

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2011, 22:12:48 »
Thanks! I'll be posting a tank for review later on today.
I mean, it's not like once you having something in low Earth orbit you can stick a gassy astronaut on the outside after Chili Night and fart it anywhere in the solar system.