Author Topic: Bushwacker, no torso twist?  (Read 1691 times)

wildkadabra

• Master Sergeant
Bushwacker, no torso twist?
« on: 04 July 2020, 12:42:51 »
The original art depicts the Bushwacker as having its legs attached directly to the torso so that it cannot torso twist. Like many mechs, the art and miniatures for the Bushwacker have evolved throughout the years, in the vast majority of its depictions, it is shown as a mech that by all means should be able to torso twist, including its most recent depiction in the ilClan Recognition Guide vol. 2

This also applies to a few other mechs such as Turkina, Cauldron-Born, Linebacker, among many others.

While playing with quirks the Bushwacker and many of these mechs do have a negative no torso twist quirk? Will these mechs persist to have this quirk or would this be something that could be revised?

Also would like to know if there is an in-lore reason for the production of mechs with no torso twist. As it seems to provide absolutely no benefits such as easy to maintain quirk, making the target smaller and more difficult to hit (while cauldron-born and bushwacker do have this quirk, turkina and linebacker do not, so we can conclude that they are mutually independent), or reduced production costs. Usually a significant drawback such as this would be considered a price to pay for a benefit (even if sometimes the benefit does not outweight the drawback), however in this occasion there simply seems to be no benefit.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2020, 13:03:30 by wildkadabra »

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Bushwacker, no torso twist?
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2020, 15:50:10 »
Hi there wildkadabra. At this point in time that will not be revised. There is a mandate to make sure all designs have waists and can torso twist. I do not agree with this revision, but it will continue all the way through. If we see a revision to the no torso twist quirk, it will be to remove it all together, but that won’t happen for the foreseeable future.

There is no benefit or trade off to the quirk. There is no in universe reasoning that I know if, without going deep into each individual design and either finding or creating some lore for it.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

wildkadabra

• Master Sergeant
Re: Bushwacker, no torso twist?
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2020, 17:00:53 »
Thank you for your response Adrian. Hope it gets removed at some point, it is a bit silly.  :D

Register