Author Topic: Halo MechWarrior  (Read 2933 times)

Wartang2

• Private
Halo MechWarrior
« on: 07 June 2013, 20:26:48 »
Whether you like Halo or not I would like some help me and my gaming group plays allot of rpgs well making a long story short the asked what I would like to play and I said Halo. So now I'm charge of figuring it out, as there is no halo rpg I decided to use Mechwarrior. well I would like need some help with every thing, vehicles, I'm good its everything else, armor, weapons, the covenant.

guardiandashi

• Major
Re: Halo MechWarrior
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2013, 09:45:00 »
well one of the things you have to decide, is where to set the baselines.

for example if we say that the human soldiers wear ablative /flack equivalent armor (or just flack) that sets a reasonable base to build the rest of the armor off of.  of course that means that mjolnir armor (the Spartans powered armor) is at least a PA:L suit.  which is actually pretty accurate IMO, and if you want to incorporate the "shields" there should be rules for that as well.

personally the simplest rules for "shields" is to give them a hp equivalent, an absorption rate and a recovery method
IE the Spartan shield has 20 hp equivalent, recovers 0 hp per round when under fire but on a "shield check" recovers mos shield points or something similar.

of course the covenant use a lot of energy weapons, with a notable exception being their needlers, which are much like needlers in MechWarrior, with the exception that the cov needles will detonate a few seconds after they are fired

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Halo MechWarrior
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2014, 22:20:11 »
I say use Firedrakes as needlers and clantech vibro-swords as the energy sword.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016