Author Topic: Nikita's Heavy Cav group discussion  (Read 32702 times)

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
Re: Nikita's Heavy Cav group discussion
« Reply #60 on: 04 December 2011, 18:52:31 »
Two week pay cycle.  And yes, Monica would have accumulated the wages.  (Which would be a bit lower than average while in transit.  But, its not like she has any expenses or anything major to spend it on, so unless she's a poor card player, she should have a decent if unspectacular amount saved up in her company accounts.)

Now that they've arrived, and as soon as the contract officially starts, the pay will increase somewhat, though expenses will also increase to a point, so that's pretty much a wash.

Captain Vlad

• Corporal
« Reply #61 on: 04 December 2011, 19:06:47 »
Thanks.

Mentioned in her profile that she didn't get away from her last bunch with much of her stuff, so I was wondering if it was reasonable to expect that she had enough to 're-supply' herself with civvies and a toy or two (dirt bike!)

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #62 on: 04 December 2011, 21:47:58 »
if its like standard wages she as a mechwarrior would be making say ~1500 cbills/month adjusted by skills quality, rank etc

so if she doesn't have any "actual" expenses for several months she could basically run up a few thousand cbills in her account

civvie gear and misc items shouldn't be terribly expensive unless she for example had to have a gown made from alteraxian silk at 10,000 cbills a yard or something rediculous like that.

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #63 on: 04 December 2011, 22:15:24 »
Thanks.

Mentioned in her profile that she didn't get away from her last bunch with much of her stuff, so I was wondering if it was reasonable to expect that she had enough to 're-supply' herself with civvies and a toy or two (dirt bike!)

She should easily have enough to get a used dirtbike, provided she shops wisely.  She should also have plenty to replace her basic kit and get a FEW luxuries, so long as she doesn't go wild. 

whistler

• Lieutenant
  • We can out-maneuver /most/ fortifications
« Reply #64 on: 04 December 2011, 23:49:29 »
for the record, unless you go about buying a villa in the mountians or a pair of 31st centry BMWs, i'm not going to stifle your creativity.  one could assume (lets say me to keep things simple) that i left Tanguray with money gained from both my salary and selling everything that wouldn't fit into my dufflebag.  you've got your standby pay from the trip, as well as whatever you were paid during our 4-6 months of garrison work after The Liberation... not to mention your combat pay from the campaign (if you fought in it).

remember, mercs tend to get paid better than House troops.  and like their state-bound relatives, they tend to keep alot of the money they make.  they don't have to pay for housing or meals on-base, as those figures are generally rolled into the unit's operating cost (whether those fees are directly covered by the client or not).  so, while not fabulously wealthy (well, maybe for the guys cooking the books... O:-)), your average Cavalier is pretty well off.  after all, if you own a mech in this time (though this is beginning to change) you were minor nobility... your service (well, your mech) was worth far more to a house lord than a generous salary.

this is part of why i mentioned that we'll be on world for a while and that you'll have access to all sorts of stores.  you don't have to spend your money if you don't want to, but i for one know that i'll be picking up some items to make my quarters feel more like home.  though, technically, i am home...
« Last Edit: 04 December 2011, 23:51:44 by whistler »
Quote from: 3rdCrucisLancers
Whistler is not only a noted winner, he's a man's man, a generous philanthropist, a noted big game hunter, and a lover and a dancer. If he had a mustache it would be impeccably waxed. When he marches off to war, everyone else stays home.

whistler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: 07 December 2011, 16:24:58 »
hey guys :)

so i had a couple thoughts while charting the arc in more detail, and there were a few i wanted to by you guys.  first, do you actually want to 'go' to the 'social'?  we're going to have a bit of combat before hand, but i don't know if things would be moving too slow for some of you.  during the last game all we did was fight, so i wanted to try and have a game with more... substance, you know?  but this is Battletech, not Peacetech, so i leave the question open for your input.

also, i would like to see if you guys would be interested in some 'open mic' RPG sessions.  personally, i think it would be cool to use Vent or some other system to have some more 'traditional' RPG moments.  i am not sure if full-scale mech combat would be particularly viable, but stuff like major mission briefings would probably be made easier if we could talk to each other rather than post questions for each other over the span of a few days.  i realize this may not be possible, as organizing local schedules can be difficult (let alone online), but i think it would be worth a shot if you all are interested.
Whistler is not only a noted winner, he's a man's man, a generous philanthropist, a noted big game hunter, and a lover and a dancer. If he had a mustache it would be impeccably waxed. When he marches off to war, everyone else stays home.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #66 on: 07 December 2011, 19:35:29 »
Scheduling-wise, weekends are better for me.  Work is somewhat unpredictable during the week, but never short.  As far as the social, I'm familiar with mandatory fun events, and even have one to attend tomorrow night.  In game, I'm easy either way.

Captain Vlad

• Corporal
« Reply #67 on: 08 December 2011, 00:41:55 »
Wouldn't mind RPing the event at all. 

Open mike stuff will be difficult for me as I do not own a microphone.;)

whistler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #68 on: 08 December 2011, 04:16:39 »
i got mine at WalMart for about $10.

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
« Reply #69 on: 08 December 2011, 09:15:14 »
Well, my schedule is probably the opposite of most people, since I work overnights, though I am available Fridays and Saturdays.
"The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost."
~Arthur Schopenhauer

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #70 on: 08 December 2011, 12:16:30 »
I'm not against "open-Mic" sessions, but with my schedule, I cannot in good faith commit to any particular time reliably.  Between being VERY short staffed at work and having a small child, my personal time is limited and very hard to predict.

Captain Vlad

• Corporal
« Reply #71 on: 08 December 2011, 20:39:45 »
i got mine at WalMart for about $10.

I need a mike and a headset for iRacing, so I've been waiting till I had the spare cash for a nice one.

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
« Reply #72 on: 08 December 2011, 21:16:41 »
Sorry boss. RL's taking chunks of my RPGing life by the mouthfulls. Ask 'Claw - I've been rather (read virtually missing totally) from the other RPG forum that we're playing in. I do hope I can pick up on things quickly, but I'm afraid between renovating my new place, moving house, arrangements to move my office, and an overseas business trip come next week, I'm gonna be totally robbed of time. As usual, yourself and Claw can RP Hong Yu, and any of the armoured company as you see fit.

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
« Reply #73 on: 07 January 2012, 11:31:26 »
*Pokes head in* Hello? Is anybody here? :)
"The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost."
~Arthur Schopenhauer

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #74 on: 07 January 2012, 19:19:01 »
Certainly... been checking every day.  I just figured we were down due to the holidays.

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #75 on: 07 January 2012, 20:22:50 »
My guess is that Whistler's health issues have caught up with him  again.  Game isn't gone, just temporarily on hold.

Captain Vlad

• Corporal
« Reply #76 on: 07 January 2012, 23:20:38 »
I was assuming that too.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #77 on: 16 September 2012, 15:10:55 »
I just got a home puter and now I finds out about this!!!

Why didn't anyone PM me?? I could have continued with what's happening. Whistler PM me if you are still playing.

TT

PS: Sorry about not checking in, as I rarely have a chance to do so untill lately.
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #78 on: 16 September 2012, 16:32:21 »
I wouldn't worry too much... things have been on hold since December, and I think it's sufficiently early in the story to add a new player whenever Whistler comes back.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #79 on: 07 January 2013, 19:59:43 »
Any news anyone?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #80 on: 18 January 2013, 13:52:28 »
Not a word.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #81 on: 03 February 2013, 22:32:49 »
I hope whistler is ok... any news from him?

I see the Bio for Carlos Monkfish isn't listed but there he is listed in the Mustang Lance as a 3/3. Ken, um.. Warclaw, any chance this is a dead thread?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #82 on: 03 February 2013, 22:58:31 »
unfortunately it appears that you are correct, the game is effectively dead, unless a new GM wishes to pick it up.

I just don't have the time that it would require me to devote, to run a game like this.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #83 on: 08 February 2013, 14:29:32 »
Rats... this definitely had potential.  I'll be around if anyone wants to pick it up again, though it's going to be a busy year.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #84 on: 03 July 2014, 19:17:51 »
Bump... anyone around?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #85 on: 04 July 2014, 01:01:08 »
Definitely!  I still check the site almost daily, though my posting rate is way down.