Author Topic: So what happened this time?  (Read 16773 times)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: So what happened this time?
« Reply #90 on: 15 July 2017, 14:29:41 »
I have to agree with some of the sentiments about social media I've seen upthread.  Doesn't matter if one was following facebook/twitter/etc because CGL didn't say anything via those media.
Information was posted to the BT twitter and facebook pages, which you can find in my sig.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #91 on: 15 July 2017, 15:30:57 »
I don't want to argue with ya Ray but I do want to clarify that you took my post slightly out of context.  Yeah, clearly, TPTB did make posts on FB/Twitter.  I was arguing the position that said posts didn't actually convey new and useful information beyond what anyone could already see when one tried to connect to the site(s).  In other words: "We're down.  With no ETR."

Anyway, that's a quibble.  I found out about the information I deemed relevant (you were hacked, how serious was it, etc) by venues other than your PA channels.  Regardless, I'm glad you guys did A) decide the forums were worth restoring and B) did so.  Thanks for what you do, even if I was claiming CGL's official announcements weren't helpful in informing us about what was going on.

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #92 on: 19 July 2017, 05:22:42 »
SInce the "restart" site buildup is 21 century fast for me. So all in all great job, I guess. Make Battletech great again. O:-)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #93 on: 06 August 2017, 06:02:18 »
*glances around* Is..is it working again?  I sacrificed a goat so i'd not jinx it...
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #94 on: 06 August 2017, 18:34:43 »
Well, the 502nd Division seems to have been displaced by the 504th, will rolling blackouts. 504th is ComStar, so 502nd must be Word of Blake. Choose sides! Who's liturgies will be dominant?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #95 on: 07 August 2017, 01:36:31 »
*glances around* Is..is it working again?  I sacrificed a goat so i'd not jinx it...

I was wondering if i needed too, after not getting in earlier this evening..  Lucky you did the sacrifice as the gods seem happy..  as its up right now..
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #96 on: 07 August 2017, 11:59:30 »
Progress I only had an hour of 503's today.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #97 on: 07 August 2017, 14:20:10 »
Well, the 502nd Division seems to have been displaced by the 504th, will rolling blackouts. 504th is ComStar, so 502nd must be Word of Blake. Choose sides! Who's liturgies will be dominant?

At least it isn't the 501st! We would never hit any of the openings in the errors to post things.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #98 on: 12 August 2017, 06:05:42 »
At least the 504th Shadow Division has been driven off, but for how long...

Still it could be worse, there was that time an Adept on Derion accidentelly deleted the System32 folder for the HPG there, that took some fixing. 

Also, basically Comstar's tech support;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsZqq0T-dtU
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #99 on: 12 August 2017, 21:17:56 »
Toooo funny.

Register