Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.45.4 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 23924 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hi Everyone,
Next release in this development cycle.  While it’s been a bit since our last release, we and our contributors have been steady at it.  This development cycle will continue to focus on MegaMekLab and its features.  The big one – Printing Jumpships, Warships, Space Station record sheets. This means MegaMekLab can print nearly all unit types.

**FOR MAC USERS**
There isn't a Mac release and you'll have to use the Unix release. We are having issues with the Gradle packaging scripts and various security settings in MacOS.  We are working on the issue and have no ETA for a fix.

Megamek.
mkerensky continues to work on improving the Aerospace part of Megamek. With the return of Aero Sanity 2.0 hopefully less buggy than before (Warning - still a use at your own risk). As a cross over into MekHQ the post battle handling of damage for squadrons is improved. On a data note, while we not something we’ll do everyday, we’ve had numerous requests to add the Fan Council TROs 3048/3062/3063. So they’ve been added as unofficial units.

MegaMekLab.
As you can see in the release notes lots of bug fixes, and features around printing Record Sheets. Including a new options menu. The first steps in a “Omni-Sheet”.  Also we’ve implemented some improvements to building large craft.

MekHQ.
Lots of bug fixes (including a fix for the special mission bug) and some Quality of life stuff. Best to look at the list below.  There is also a new “How to AtB” manual in the docs folder. Thanks to the folks on Discord for sharing and CampaignAnon for writing it.

Also a reminder to drop into the Slack channel to meet other players and harass the devs that drop in and out. 

As a reminder when moving between versions:
1)   Make backups of your campaigns and customs.
2)   Always treat each release as a stand alone release and only copy your data forward from older versions.

There is a good chance you’ll have issues in MekHQ with unit name changes.  If you get errors loading your campaign as result of unit name errors please see this post.
Name Issues with units
The change log below lists all the changes in this release from the previous stable.

CHANGE LOGS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS
Megamek.
Download Here

Code: [Select]
PR #1250: Disallow loading trailers during deployment
Data: New Sprites and Unit fixes.
PR #1258: Aero Sanity 2.0! Fixes a number of reporting bugs and adds full support for Advanced Point Defense,
Glancing/Direct blows, S2S nuclear weapons and Bearings-Only Capital Missiles
Issue #1272: Clan BA SRM missing Multi-Purpose Missiles
Data: New Sprites and New Units.
Issue #1256: Magna Laser Rifle has range 0 instead of 2
Data: Fixing broken Protomeks in some RATs
PR #1278: Fix a soft-lock that would occur when using double-blind and the previous round's target would leave a unit's LOS
Issue #587 PR #1273: Fixes for Post-Battle Handling of Capital Fighters.
PR #1280: Add proper labels for host dialog controls (Accessibility Support)
PR #1283: Rocket Launcher 1 through 5 turrets now have valid weapons
PR #1264: [Feature] Wind direction can now be set in the lobby
Issue #1095: [Errata] TAG now spots for indirect fire as well.
PR #1304: Don't overflow the primary monitor with MM splash screen.
Issue #1259: Extended Torso Twist Quirk not applying to Quads
Data: New Sprites
Data: Adding Fan Council TROs 3048/3062/3063 by popular request.

MegaMekLab.
Download Here
Fixed vehicle and aero slot calculations for patchwork armor.
Issue #202: Clan Improved Autocannon 20 has no standard ammunition
Issue #249: Warship Validation error
Issue #247: Patchwork Armour Broken on Vehicles
Issue #250: Armouring Split Components Shows and Counts Incorrect Tonnage
Issue #254: Second Printed Vee Name in All Caps
Issue #252: Heat Sink pips not printing properly
Issue #260: Some issue to allocate the components of LAM
Issue #261: LAM's motive type doesn't change the weight of its conversion equipment.
Issue #7: Pilot name printing on RSs
Issue #271: Bug of interaction with Partial Wing, Improved Jump Jet and Hardened Armor
PR #262: Add buttons to clone aerospace side locations.
PR #273: Advanced aerospace record sheet printing
Issue #272: Modular Armor effectively prevents to put Jump Jet
Issue #267: Dropship armor values calculating and auto-allocating incorrectly
Issue #276: Auto allocate skips advanced aerospace side rear locations

MekHQ:
Download Here
PR #1067: Switch to Joda Money library internally for financial math
Issue #1057: Don't allow Rotor damage to go negative or use negative damages
Issue #1085: Find different replacement part if original missing or has a new ID
Issue #1076: Address bug in Personnel Market where GM Add still costs money and add GM Hire Full Complement
PR #1084: Save user preferences for UI settings such as window sizes and positions, et al
Issue #1082: Fix issue preventing creation of new AtB contract
Issue #1086: Fix issue introduced in 45.3 preventing "special" AtB scenarios from starting
Issue #1106: Fix issue introduced in 45.3 preventing AtB scenarios containing aircraft from starting under some conditions
Issue #112: Adds mission log and counter for personnel
Issue #1115: Fix stack overflow in BattleArmorSuit::getTonnage
Issue #1116: [Feature] Show people's Bloodnames in "Fluff" filter on personnel tab
Issue #1125, #1127: Fix issues with loading units containing damaged AMS and MASC systems.
Issue #1109: Fix issue where damaged equipment can be restored with a reload
Issue #713: Fix incorrect reporting of training munitions/fuel costs, minor performance improvement on monthly rollover
PR #1136: Don't expand/contract tab panels on right double click (Mac OS X improvement)
PR #1143: In Repair tab -> Acquisitions, user can once again click 'Order One' more than once
Adding CampaignAnon AtB Instruction guide (very good for new players) - See AtB Stuff folder in Docs.
Issue #1144: fix bug where bondsmen could not be recruited
Issue #1148: fix bug where loan could not be paid off
Issue #1150: fix bug introduced in 45.3 preventing AtB scenarios reinforced by immobile player units from starting
Issue #1138: fix NPE in isOmniPodded check for AmmoBin's after refit

Enjoy everyone.

« Last Edit: 13 August 2019, 09:32:37 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
Yay!  :D  Thanks for all the work you guys do on this.  Aside from actual in-person games, it's my favorite way to play Battletech.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Thank you all very much!!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Hah, is this normally stickied? I didn't notice it! Thanks very much!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hah, is this normally stickied? I didn't notice it! Thanks very much!

Doing something new. The admins and mods where gracious enough to let us sticky the new releases.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
This is a good plan since the newest release doesn’t always get the most traffic.

Unsure when the faction-specific tech access was added but I dig it

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
This is a good plan since the newest release doesn’t always get the most traffic.

Unsure when the faction-specific tech access was added but I dig it

That was added as part of the IO tech progression last year.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
I remember seeing it previewed a while back but never noticed the option until yesterday

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
I think there might be an issue with BV calculations....

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I think there might be an issue with BV calculations....

Best to open a bug report on the trackers.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
I figured out the BV issue. Good news is that it's only a display issue. To get the actual BV, just divide the displayed BV by the number of units in that bot force.

Or just check it out in Megamek instead. It'll be fixed in the next release.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
Nice, but I'm almost disappointed.  It's humorous seeing these outrageous BVs.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Am seeing no turrets in my base defence missions, a shame since they#d just started working. Have submitted a bug report

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Just finished a chase mission where I was the defender and there was a princess controlled Blackjack ally which was just fine after the mission, however the lost screen was just the word lost in the dead center of the screen with no blackjack mentioned or check box to mark if it was destroyed. 

Screen shot attached. 

Anyone else had this? 

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Just finished a chase mission where I was the defender and there was a princess controlled Blackjack ally which was just fine after the mission, however the lost screen was just the word lost in the dead center of the screen with no blackjack mentioned or check box to mark if it was destroyed. 

Screen shot attached. 

Anyone else had this?

We would need to see the logs to start trouble shooting.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
We would need to see the logs to start trouble shooting.

Double check me which logs do you want?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Best to give us both the megameklog.txt and mekhqlog.txt
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
The log folder is attached
Let me know if you need more stuff or the customs folder. 

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Just ran into another one. 

Attacker on an extraction raid.  Trying to rescue the civilians. 

A customized Black Knight is given the option to use it's TAG even though I am fairly sure I have no units that can benefit from it. 

However in the fire phase (screen shot attached) The black knight has a +1 to hit penalty for spotting for indirect fire. 

I am pretty sure that is new, and incorrect.     

Did I miss an errata and a change or is the code doing something backwards?

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
The TAG thing is based on errata, where TAG provides spotting for any kind of indirect-fire (although it counts as the unit's one spot).

However, the +1 penalty for spotting during the fire phase is probably incorrect if you use TAG to spot.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
However, the +1 penalty for spotting during the fire phase is probably incorrect if you use TAG to spot.

Is it reproducible?  Do you need logs or customs from me?  Do you want me to open a bug report?

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Still testing to be sure but I had a VTOL spot for LRMs and also fire it's machine guns at a target. 

Like normal it did not show any adjustment for spotting and I <b>think</b> the to hit roll was an 8. 
When I looked at it's shot the to hit roll was a 9. 

I am not sure from your last post if just being a spotter (non TAG) incurs a +1 to hit penalty due to the new errata, but that was not my understanding. 

I'll keep my eye out for this so I can screen shot it if it reoccurs but unless there is supposed to be a +1 to hit for spotting I think we have a bug to hunt. 

Let me know if anyone can reproduce this on their own.   

nroe03742

• Master Sergeant
I am having a problem with MegaMekLab version 0.45.4 in windows.

the problem is that it will not calculate the cost of my unit correctly after I have changed the tonnage of my unit and I have made the changes that are needed to meet the new weight limit. the Columbia Class Carrier MK I is the unit that I am changing and it gives me a cost of 28,128,175,120 C-bills. the Columbia Class Carrier MK II is the changed unit and currently it gives me a cost of -1,071,574,880 C-bills. both files are attached I have also included the text version of the files.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME IF IT IS SOMETHING THAT I AM DOING WRONG OR IF THIS REALLY IS A BUG

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I am having a problem with MegaMekLab version 0.45.4 in windows.

the problem is that it will not calculate the cost of my unit correctly after I have changed the tonnage of my unit and I have made the changes that are needed to meet the new weight limit. the Columbia Class Carrier MK I is the unit that I am changing and it gives me a cost of 28,128,175,120 C-bills. the Columbia Class Carrier MK II is the changed unit and currently it gives me a cost of -1,071,574,880 C-bills. both files are attached I have also included the text version of the files.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME IF IT IS SOMETHING THAT I AM DOING WRONG OR IF THIS REALLY IS A BUG

I've open a bug report here and you can monitor it.
https://github.com/MegaMek/megameklab/issues/283

Does the issue duplicate if you restart MML and make reload the units.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

nroe03742

• Master Sergeant
yes it does repeat when I reload the file
« Last Edit: 05 April 2019, 17:11:04 by nroe03742 »

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
In the new version it seems like HQ displays the Map sizes as too small and kinda random, while when entering into MegaMek the maps are correct. 

This might be related to the BV display issue, I'm not sure.

Crl1981

• Recruit
I'm having issues with this build.

I started a new game with the build and whenever I try to click on a mech unit the entire game freezes up and will not display the unit.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I'm having issues with this build.

I started a new game with the build and whenever I try to click on a mech unit the entire game freezes up and will not display the unit.
We would need to see the log files.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

VhenRa

• Captain
Shouldn't primitive dropships be having their SI provided armor multiplied by .66 as well?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Nice, i'm got to download this. I missed when you guys posted it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register