Author Topic: Battledroids Behemoth  (Read 2633 times)

Jarlath_Drake

• Recruit
Battledroids Behemoth
« on: 24 October 2018, 07:26:30 »
So me and my friends decided to play BT this past weekend, so I decided to go through my RPG stuff which has been in storage for nearly 15 years... (I've played Grinders and AS at various game cons over the last few years, but not at mine or friend's homes). Majority of my figures are around 3 decades old.
And I found this rooting through the cabinet.

Back when Epoxy was the only readily available adhesive to attach this stuff. No wonder the arm broke off (Look how brown and old that epoxy is...)
Paint job is Meh, but I would have been in my teens back then and still learning, opposed to now with a decade of no practice...
« Last Edit: 24 October 2018, 07:40:38 by Jarlath_Drake »

abou

• Captain
Re: Battledroids Behemoth
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2018, 08:29:56 »
Man, what a find!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2018, 21:28:40 »
To be honest, I'd call it a failed prototype Kraken Prime.

That the Wolf's Dragoons brought them to the Inner Sphere to fight.  ;)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2018, 16:40:38 »
One of my favourite minis!

If I can find one more I will have a Lance to face off against RAF Colossals!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2018, 18:05:25 »
Is this supposed to be the same Behemoth that was from the original TRO:3055?  Can't say that I've seen this mini before.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2018, 18:41:01 »
Is this supposed to be the same Behemoth that was from the original TRO:3055?  Can't say that I've seen this mini before.

This was part of the original concept art of Battle-DROIDS. B. Pardoe has some of it up on his blog now, including a pic of thi as a design adapted from the Macross Monster, as the OG BattleAx was from the Tomahawk.

These were produced for several years and then discontinued. There are no offical stats. But the existance of the mini provided the inspiration for the original hints of "Amaris' Folly" which led to the later Clan Behemoth design. The Reseen-version of which is something of a correction to the original art/hommage to this mini by having a notable "Turret"-like mount for the Gauss Rifles. The Matar is aback-dated attempt to further connect the two concepts in fluff.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2018, 19:31:35 »
Thats a nice piece of BT history! :thumbsup:

While I was never really a Robotech fan, I'll admit that I was a little disappointed the Matar didn't have 4X dorsal guns ;)   
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #7 on: 27 October 2018, 23:51:53 »
Yes, thank you for that fill in on the history.  I missed the Battledroids era so things like this are quite new to me.  Have to say it is a pretty cool mini. 8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

packhntr

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 01 November 2018, 14:53:13 »
This is not a Behemoth, but rather a Robotech based Destroid Monster.  Still a very kool piece!  And OLD! 
If at first you don't succeed, make it worth the repairman's time!

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #9 on: 01 November 2018, 16:25:57 »
This is not a Behemoth, but rather a Robotech based Destroid Monster.
Nope. beachhead1985 nailed it, three posts above yours.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #10 on: 01 November 2018, 21:19:02 »
The original Behemoth only appeared in the original Battledroids and was never given stats. Many believe the Annihilator was the real world child of the BT monster, the Stone Rhino being the in universe tribute, the Stone Rhino 5 was a straight wink and nod to those who remember the original Battledroid block of lead. (Thus, the only reason why I ever wanted the Matar to have 4 AC/5s ;D ) The Omega also a clear nod and lives up to the hype.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #11 on: 02 November 2018, 01:46:54 »
the cool part is that you can now actually design a superheavy custom mech to match the visuals of that mini. (and having seen on on a table, back when superheavies were a houserule.. yeah, that mini is massive)

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #12 on: 04 November 2018, 10:30:09 »
the cool part is that you can now actually design a superheavy custom mech to match the visuals of that mini. (and having seen on on a table, back when superheavies were a houserule.. yeah, that mini is massive)

Have done this. LOVE IT.

I am also in the club for people have have made mini-matching stats for the Behemoth BD as a 100 tonner.

A.E. Housman

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #13 on: 04 November 2018, 12:23:06 »
For those that want a Behemoth looking figure but don't want to shell out the money for a rare battledroids version, the Brigade Models Cronus has a similar look and bulk.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #14 on: 10 November 2018, 22:14:13 »
I'm surprised HG didn't sue them!   8)
I have spoken.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #15 on: 15 November 2018, 10:46:43 »
For those that want a Behemoth looking figure but don't want to shell out the money for a rare battledroids version, the Brigade Models Cronus has a similar look and bulk.

I think "similar" might be an understatement!

(And yep, I'm another person who's built a 100-tonner with four big torso cannon and triple-barrel arms.)
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #16 on: 15 November 2018, 18:36:44 »
Is it my imagination...

But color me wrong, four LGR ( 2 per torso ) and 2x three LAC/2 per arm too excessive?

Of course, it'll most likely be 2/3 stampeder!

TT
« Last Edit: 15 November 2018, 18:40:08 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #17 on: 15 November 2018, 21:13:06 »
Here are the daft ones that I came up with ...

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56067.msg1290626#msg1290626

Three 2/3 100t Clan-tech machines - one packing four LB-10X across the torsos with three ER Medium Lasers in each arm, one with four LB-10X on the torsos with an ATM-6 in each arm (each tube firing a pair of missiles each 'shot'), and the final model packing four Gauss Rifles across the torsos with three ER Small Lasers in each arm.

They were fun for throwing things at.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #18 on: 16 November 2018, 01:26:45 »
Mine were all introtech designs with 2/3 movement and at or near max armour.

I wanted cheap and tough and didn't care about fast. The KV-2 of Battlemechs.

The main version had 4 PPCs and 6 MLs, then there was a later Davion refit with 4x AC/5s in place of the PPCs and a marik one with LRMs and Large Lasers.

A.E. Housman