Author Topic: Standard Infantry stats in MUL?  (Read 254 times)

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
Standard Infantry stats in MUL?
« on: 16 March 2024, 02:14:52 »
I tried to find Alpha Strike statistics for the standard infantry. But I found only the specialized infantries found in TRO:3085.

Am I wrong?

I need the data to convert my infantry troops in Strategic Battleforce formations format.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2024, 03:05:31 by Mostro Joe »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Standars Infantry stats in MUL?
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2024, 02:20:43 »
It depends what search terms you're using. The MUL search is specific, so if you say (for example) "Marik infantry", you won't get anything because there's nothing with the exact term "marik infantry" in its name.

Two ways to find the standard infantry units:

1) Search for just "infantry". then go to the "Infantry" tab (eg. ignore vehicles and aerospace units with the word "infantry" in their name.
2) Use the Search criteria to pick a faction & availability era (eg. "Free Worlds League", "Clan Invasion"), then go to the Infantry tab & see what they had at the time (note: includes battle armour, so some common sense required.)

Hope that helps! There's tons of standard units, with names like "Foot ballistic rifle infantry", "Ad hoc Clan foot infantry", and the like.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
Re: Standars Infantry stats in MUL?
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2024, 03:07:06 »
It depends what search terms you're using. The MUL search is specific, so if you say (for example) "Marik infantry", you won't get anything because there's nothing with the exact term "marik infantry" in its name.

No I don't need faction specific infantry, I need the generic ones that you find in TW.

I mean, I can consider them SBF units to build a formation? Or they are squads? If they are squads I would need to combine them in units first and then in formations.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2024, 03:10:42 by Mostro Joe »

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
Re: Standard Infantry stats in MUL?
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2024, 05:01:14 »
Search for "Platoon" and then set source to "Total Warfare"

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=platoon&HasBV=false&MinTons=&MaxTons=&MinBV=&MaxBV=&MinIntro=&MaxIntro=&MinCost=&MaxCost=&HasBFAbility=&MinPV=&MaxPV=&BookAuto=&Books=198&FactionAuto=
Thank you very much.

But I have a problem here! The results I have for SBF using these datas are conflicting with the "sample lances" xls file I found on these forums! So it seems that SBF infantry paltoons should be built using AS squads as elements. And not starting from the AS platoon datas!

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=47778.30

I assume a foot platoon is composed by 4 squads (28 men in all).

I mean, the stats found in the file say:

Unit   Type                  Size   Mv   T Mv J Mv   Mode   TMM   Armor   SRD   MRD   LRD   
Foot Infantry Company   CI   1   1   X   X    F              0              3             2         1          0   

But if 3 platoons make a company, and if I followed correctly the SBF conversion rules, I obtain:

Unit   Type                  Size   Mv   T Mv J Mv   Mode   TMM   Armor   SRD   MRD   LRD   
Foot Infantry Company   CI   1   1   X   X    F              0              1            1         0         0   

Where I am wrong?  :shocked:
« Last Edit: 16 March 2024, 05:39:17 by Mostro Joe »

Register