Author Topic: GENCON!!!!!!!!  (Read 12281 times)

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
Re: GENCON!!!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: 31 July 2017, 21:36:05 »
One year at the Battletech tables Pizza was delivered. That was a good day. I think that was same night as the fire drill also.

That was in 2007.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #91 on: 31 July 2017, 22:25:09 »
The Flea is from MW4: Mercs. I would saw if there is a Vengeance themed pack it would be Cougar, Uziel, Hellspawn, and Chimera.

I would buy that in a heartbeat.   :)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #92 on: 01 August 2017, 06:03:30 »
It was held at UW-Parkside from 1978-1984.

Ahhh intersting. I didn't know that...and man, that would be small now!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #93 on: 01 August 2017, 06:04:01 »
The Flea is from MW4: Mercs. I would saw if there is a Vengeance themed pack it would be Cougar, Uziel, Hellspawn, and Chimera.

Sure, though i figure the theme is "'Mechs from MWIV-era" rather than strictly MWIV Vengeance. This makes the Flea an option. The Hellspawn isn't really, now that i think of this. It was just fan funded, perhaps it isn't ready yet. But the Chimera... So, Cougar, Uziel, Chimera and Flea pack works.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #94 on: 01 August 2017, 06:40:07 »
That was in 2007.

Wow 10 years ago. This will be my 13th Gencon over the last 14 years.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #95 on: 01 August 2017, 07:33:14 »

We have a winner..... lol
The Vengeance Lance pack Con special has the below in it
Cougar Prime / B - early release since it's a 4th quarter release
Uziel 8S - new variant of the resculpt that is a 3rd quarter
Hellspawn resculpt
Chimera resculpt (already released as web only)

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #96 on: 01 August 2017, 07:38:36 »
Guess that means you need to get off the forums and back on the floor to finish getting that pack ready then Speck lol No more letting the wife steal you away on the weekends either :P

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #97 on: 01 August 2017, 07:44:44 »
Guess that means you need to get off the forums and back on the floor to finish getting that pack ready then Speck lol No more letting the wife steal you away on the weekends either :P

That would be good, but I live in PA so a bit far for packing some Lance packs lol.

Well another tidbit, there is a second con special Lance pack this year as well. A 3150 themed similar to what we did with the previous Kurita and Repliblic packs.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #98 on: 01 August 2017, 07:51:30 »
Hellspawn's ready? Interesting.

Is the Uziel in the pack just the 8S variant or does it come with parts for standard Uziel as well?

And a 3150-themed pack? I wonder... So many options...

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #99 on: 01 August 2017, 08:00:32 »
Hellspawn's ready? Interesting.

Is the Uziel in the pack just the 8S variant or does it come with parts for standard Uziel as well?

And a 3150-themed pack? I wonder... So many options...

It's just the 8S, other resculpt is a 3rd quarter release. Original intent was to make it one pack, but 8S has improved jump jets and some other details so we had a different body for each. 

It's Fed Suns themed.....

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #100 on: 01 August 2017, 08:01:47 »
Oh boy oh boy oh boy FedRats to the rescuuuuuuuuue!

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #101 on: 01 August 2017, 08:05:43 »
Templar III, Scarecrow, Hollander III, Antlion. EDIT OR Prey Seeker in place of one of these.

All can be found in TRO3150, all are FedSybs-made 'Mechs.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #102 on: 01 August 2017, 08:15:33 »
Templar III, Scarecrow, Hollander III, Antlion. EDIT OR Prey Seeker in place of one of these.

All can be found in TRO3150, all are FedSybs-made 'Mechs.

Not just limited to those designs, all came out in the 3145 Fed Suns TRO PDF that are in 3145/3150 print tro's. 

Lance pack has a new sculpt and then new variants of other like we did with previous Lance packs.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #103 on: 01 August 2017, 08:24:44 »
Ah, great, you made guessing that much harder...  #P

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #104 on: 01 August 2017, 08:54:41 »

I think you earn some kind of award! You got it right!

Have 1000 Fake internet points! Congrats!

But in all honesty, I am super excited for this lance pack.  3 of the 4 minis are designed by myself, the other by the extremely talented Sentinel343. 

I think a lot of people missed the Chimera resculpt, but it is honestly one of the best minis I have ever done. 

The Cougar is going to be beautiful as well.  It is design with a combination of sources, but MW4 will be the biggest inspiration.    I have some 3D printed prototypes.  Everyone is going to love this mini...

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #105 on: 01 August 2017, 09:44:01 »
Will all the lance packs be made available through the online store after Gencon? 
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #106 on: 01 August 2017, 10:07:26 »
Will all the lance packs be made available through the online store after Gencon?

The Lance packs them selves are con specials only. But the mechs within them will be available individually as web only on the webstore or distribution.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #107 on: 01 August 2017, 10:29:53 »
That would be good, but I live in PA so a bit far for packing some Lance packs lol.

Well another tidbit, there is a second con special Lance pack this year as well. A 3150 themed similar to what we did with the previous Kurita and Repliblic packs.

YES! It will be there! I was really hoping that pack would be ready for GenCon.

Also, I wondered why I'd never seen you when I've been over at IWM to pick orders up. Not living in the same state would certainly explain it.

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #108 on: 01 August 2017, 11:39:16 »
We're less than two weeks out for the convention. For those of you coming, what's your preparation process?
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #109 on: 01 August 2017, 14:34:07 »
Wow 10 years ago. This will be my 13th Gencon over the last 14 years.

It's happened at least one other time.  I think... 2 years ago?  Because I wasn't there in 2007 but I've seen it more than once.  (2008 was my first year)

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #110 on: 01 August 2017, 15:20:31 »
We're less than two weeks out for the convention. For those of you coming, what's your preparation process?

1. Scramble to finish any projects I need for events I've signed up for <stares at pile of primed minis needing paint before the AS tournament>
2. Buy backpack-portable, non-refrigerated snacks like granola bars sufficient to last the time I will be there.
3. Check the balance of any credit cards..and make sure they are physically sturdy enough to take the beating they are about to get.
4. Put all our events into a shared calendar or spreadsheet (preferably online) so that everyone in our group knows where they are scheduled to be.
5. dig out two or three water bottles, preferably insulated, and clean them up. While there are water fountains at the center, the pressure gets low sometimes and the taste can get a bit funky. I prefer filling up at the hotel each morning. It won't last all day, but it usually gets me an the wife to lunch where we can re-fill.
6. Pack all my goofy gamer shirts that I don't get to wear much at work.

Honestly, I don't do anything all that special. The real trick is getting a decent hotel in walking distance without going broke. All other preparations pale in comparison to that one!

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #111 on: 02 August 2017, 05:48:05 »
YES! It will be there! I was really hoping that pack would be ready for GenCon.

Also, I wondered why I'd never seen you when I've been over at IWM to pick orders up. Not living in the same state would certainly explain it.

The only time you will see me at the factory is a few days before Gencon and when I stop in before Cincycon in March.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #112 on: 02 August 2017, 06:08:51 »
Does anyone have a list of what will be out at Gencon?

Just need to know what I need to get at 1001a on Thursday
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #113 on: 02 August 2017, 09:31:41 »
The Lance packs them selves are con specials only. But the mechs within them will be available individually as web only on the webstore or distribution.

:( Bummer.  That won't be in the cards for me.  Thanks for the quick reply Speck!

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #114 on: 02 August 2017, 15:05:30 »
I look forward to seeing some old friends and meeting so of you I have not meet before.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #115 on: 03 August 2017, 08:10:02 »

Next year a Steiner pack? #elsie4life

My guess is a shieldturion is one of the four, as would be one of the Templar variations. Either an antlion or scarcrow for a new mech and i don't know the 4th
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #116 on: 04 August 2017, 21:43:37 »
Next year a Steiner pack? #elsie4life

My guess is a shieldturion is one of the four, as would be one of the Templar variations. Either an antlion or scarcrow for a new mech and i don't know the 4th

You have 1 correct
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #117 on: 05 August 2017, 02:13:49 »

1) Check event list of what i am running.  Read each module at least 3 times, before printing them out (currently at 2 times for each).
2) Print out those modules, and give them one last read over, before putting them in a manella folder, and putting those into a carrying filofax.
3) ensure my character sheet's up to date and put it in my cha folder.
4) Bag up all the stuff i will be taking. 
5) ensure my walking shoes/trainers are broken in!
6) wait...
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #118 on: 05 August 2017, 14:15:06 »
1) Wait....
2) Shower and scrub with bubbles.
3) Catch local bus to convention center.
4) Wait some more until they open those damnable doors...
5) Peg leg to CGL for meet and greet!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register