Author Topic: Era Digest: Dark Age  (Read 3165 times)

ds9guy

• Sergeant
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Era Digest: Dark Age
« on: 12 April 2014, 22:40:10 »
So what do the MWDA fans think of the latest Dark Age sourcebook? 

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
Re: Era Digest: Dark Age
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2014, 00:09:07 »
I'm digging it.  There's alot of information that is covered by the novels, but for people without access to them or haven't read them in awhile it is a good tool.  The additional information not covered in the novels helps to put the novel events into context a bit better.

The TRO entries of course are very appreciated.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2014, 00:54:56 »
Worth the ten bucks definitely, even though a lot of the material isn't exactly new, at least for a guy like me who read everything Wizkids put together three times over.  But it's good that the CBT crowd now has a chance to read over it if they skipped out on the clix time period.

Also, almost all the campaign battles got in there.  Spirit Cats got all their victory-cred, except for Tybalt, when they captured Bannson's corporate capital in one fell swoop

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2014, 02:13:59 »
I'm pleased overall with it, particularly the timeline and map ... plus my preferred faction ending up with three reinforced regiments by the end of 3134 is nice  [cheers] (yeah, I know they're down to two battalions by 3145). Anyway, it should be enough to generate scenarios and campaigns for the era, which is what I am interested in ...

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2014, 17:33:06 »
Worth the ten bucks definitely, even though a lot of the material isn't exactly new, at least for a guy like me who read everything Wizkids put together three times over.  But it's good that the CBT crowd now has a chance to read over it if they skipped out on the clix time period

I didn't know that happened.  :)
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2014, 19:49:06 »
I didn't know that happened.  :)

Some more ... interesting clix scenarios ... one of those had the three cargo ships in it, didn't it? I think I remember losing that one in one turn. May have to look that up.

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2014, 20:43:56 »
Yep!  Half-way through the Tybalt battle Star Captain Liz of the Spirit Cats decided to sneak her troops into Tybalt proper by way of cargo ships.  In the scenario there were 5 possible cargo ships and the Raiders could take potshots at any of them while the Spirit Cats brought them up to unload or possibly just distract.  Spirit Cats won that overwhelmingly.

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2014, 21:39:16 »
Yep!  Half-way through the Tybalt battle Star Captain Liz of the Spirit Cats decided to sneak her troops into Tybalt proper by way of cargo ships.  In the scenario there were 5 possible cargo ships and the Raiders could take potshots at any of them while the Spirit Cats brought them up to unload or possibly just distract.  Spirit Cats won that overwhelmingly.

I suspect I was playing the Cats for that scenario - sorry I couldn't contribute to the win ...

Register