Author Topic: a new planetary defense submersible platform  (Read 2403 times)

tekteam26

• Master Sergeant
a new planetary defense submersible platform
« on: 29 June 2012, 09:58:49 »
I was wondering if anyone might want to take a crack at designing a completely different planetary defense submersible platform. The Wyrm is interesting, but it leaves much to be desired in other aspects. This platform would mass about 25,000 tons and would be powered by a fission power plant instead of a fusion plant. The platform's principle anti-spacecraft weapons would be four AR-10
's and four NL-55's. For short range defense, the platform would rely on batteries of large lasers and PPC's along with long and short range torpedo batteries (SRM-4 & LRM-20 equivalents). To support group forces with artillery fire, the platform would have at least one Long Tom and one Arrow IV system. Point defenses would be handled by a combination of AMS and small pulse lasers.

The platform would be heavily armored and would principally use 2750 Star League level technology, so ER range versions of large lasers and PPC's could be used. Pulse lasers can also be used to supplement anti-fighter batteries. The platform would have the capability to support large craft like the Manta and Neptune as well.

Have fun....
TeKTeam Technical Services: We make your Mechs (and other equipment) battleworthy and so much more.

"Son. We ain't overmatched if we hit the enemy and don't let them hit us...."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: a new planetary defense submersible platform
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2012, 16:49:58 »
I'll take a crack...

Post it your forwarding e-dress.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016