Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 310789 times)

Starbuck

• Master Sergeant
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #810 on: 01 August 2018, 07:36:54 »
hey Scotty,
thanks for checking.

. . .  The unmodified damage is correct, but OV2 doesn't mean "reduce short range damage by 2", it still uses the heat-modified damage and rounds normally.  A short range value or 4.6 with that heat level will be reduced to 3.407, which rounds up to 4.  . . .

Final damage value should be 4 / 3 / 0* with OV2.

ah, okay, got it.

so in this case the Anzu - and i suppose there are more mechs out there -, with a (unmodified) maximum short range damage of 5, gains one potential extra damage point by OV calculation. nice cheat  :D  ;D
"You promised me Mars colonies. Instead, I got Facebook."
Buzz Aldrin

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #811 on: 10 August 2018, 11:35:02 »
The Warhammer IIC 10 and 11 and the Marauder IIC 8 have clearly too early intro dates.
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6859/warhammer-iic-10 2938
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6858/warhammer-iic-11 2938
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/2072/marauder-iic-8 3025

Warhammer IIC 10 and 11 have intro dates moved to Late Republic.  Thanks for pointing those out.

I misplaced/lost some of the conversation, so this is being reviewed again. 
« Last Edit: 13 August 2018, 16:27:55 by nckestrel »
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #812 on: 25 August 2018, 00:29:53 »
In case people didn't see the relevant thread in the Alpha Strike forums, the AS PV update has been rolled out onto the MUL.  Please ensure that you're using the updated PV calculation formula as found in the ASC errata if you're reporting any PV errors.  Thanks.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Starbuck

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #813 on: 15 September 2018, 11:52:19 »
Ballista Self Propelled Artillery Tank

TRO entry and record sheet in Historical - Liberation of Terra Vol. 2

Ballista has three MGs - two in the front, one in the rear - so it should have a damage output of 0*/0/0 not 1/0/0.

and a question:
several units, who have their artillery weapons in a turret (Ballista, Regulator Hover, ...), do not have the TUR(ARTxx) special. is there a reason for this? i could not find an explanation . . .
« Last Edit: 15 September 2018, 11:59:19 by Starbuck »
"You promised me Mars colonies. Instead, I got Facebook."
Buzz Aldrin

GespenstM

• Lieutenant
« Reply #814 on: 16 September 2018, 08:34:11 »
Mad Cat Mk. IV C Alpha Strike Calculations Error

Unit: http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6573/mad-cat-mk-iv-savage-wolf-c

Error: The Alpha Strike damage values for this unit appear to be incorrect. My math below (Scotty ran identical calculations in another thread) reveals what seems to be a case of 'left out the XXL Engine heat'.

Long Range Damage Calculation (2x LRM-15 with Artemis V, 2x Clan ER Large Laser, 30 heat dissipation, XXL Engine): 1.26 + 1.26 + 1 + 1 = 4.52. Then (4.52 * 30) / (38 - 4) = 3.988 = Round to 4.

The stat card says 5.

Similar behavior exists in the Short and Mid range calculations, where I wind up with 4.3 damage after rounding. It appears like the XXL engine heat was instead calculated as standard engine heat (2 heat instead of the proper 4), resulting in damage values a bit higher than they should be. I think the correct damage for the Mad Cat Mk. IV C is 4 across all ranges.

(I also suspect, but have not checked in detail, that the other Mad Cat Mk IVs have the same issue. Eyeballing the damage on them makes me think 'aren't most of those 1 point higher than they should be?')
« Last Edit: 16 September 2018, 08:35:58 by GespenstM »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #815 on: 16 September 2018, 08:51:15 »
The Long range on the Mad Cat Mk IV C should be 4 (and reducing PV to 57).
The Medium and Short range 4.3 rounds up to 5 (non special damage always rounds up).  So no change there.

Thanks. I'll go through the other Mad Cat Mk IV's as I have time.

Prime dropped at S and M and added OV (PV adjusted as well).  A and B were fine.
« Last Edit: 16 September 2018, 09:04:52 by nckestrel »
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #816 on: 16 September 2018, 09:09:38 »
Ballista Self Propelled Artillery Tank
Thanks, corrected.
and a question:
several units, who have their artillery weapons in a turret (Ballista, Regulator Hover, ...), do not have the TUR(ARTxx) special. is there a reason for this? i could not find an explanation . . .
The artillery rules in the first/second printing don't have firing arcs, so there was no need to specify they are in a turret.
With the new standard rules artillery in the errata, they do have firing arcs, so yeah we will need to go through and update those.  Thanks.

GespenstM

• Lieutenant
« Reply #817 on: 16 September 2018, 10:00:42 »
Thanks! Just to confirm before I go reporting any other units for Alpha Strike math... any unit with a decimal damage value (other than the 0 to 0.5 'minimum damage rule' situation) always rounds up to the next integer? Even if the decimal is #.01 to #.49?

For example, I'm checking out the Mad Cat Mk. II ( http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/4565/mad-cat-mk-ii-standard ) and I wind up with...

Close Calculation: 1.245 (Gauss) + 1.245 (Gauss) + 0.6 (LRM-10) + 0.6 (LRM-10) + 0.7 (ERML) + 0.7 (ERML) + 0.7 (ERML) + 0.7 (ERML) = 6.49 base damage before heat modifiers.
Close modified by heat: (6.49 * 28 HeatDissipation) / (32 MaxHeat - 4 ) = 6.49
Close Rounded to Final: 7

Mid Calculation: 1.5 (Gauss) + 1.5 (Gauss) + 2.8 (4x ERML) + 1.2 (2x LRM-10) = 7.0
Modified by heat: Works out to 7.0, skipping further calculations on Mid

Long Calculation: 3.0 (2x Gauss) + 1.2 (2x LRM-10) = 4.2
No long modification for heat required in this case, so 4.2 rounds up to 5.

Resulting in the 7/7/5 we see on the MUL. Is this right? If so, I'll take a look at a few others to make sure my calculations are right before making any further reports.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #818 on: 16 September 2018, 10:08:06 »
Yes, round up. Unless it’s a special ability (lrm, srm, flk, if, etc), special abilities are round normal.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #819 on: 16 September 2018, 14:14:47 »
That's correct, and why the Bombast Laser (1.02 damage) is hilarious in Alpha Strike conversions.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

LordVanquish

• Corporal
« Reply #820 on: 18 September 2018, 07:00:15 »
I think the PV of this unit is wrong:
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/3457/vtol-infantry-hachiman-taro-enterprise-extraction-force

calculated by hand:

offensive = 1

movement = 1.25
DIR = ((2*1 + 2*2) * 1.2) = 7.2 => 7
total defensive = 1.25 + 7 = 8.25

total PV = 1 + 8.25 = 9.25 => 9

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #821 on: 21 September 2018, 10:47:24 »
None of the Units listed Handbook House Kurita are in the MUL.
I did double checked the MUL, they are still not there.

Are they still going be still added?  Do you guys need me give you page numbers etc?

• Heavy Riot Infantry
• Dragonstar Passenger Transport
• Hoshiryokou
• Gaajian System Patrol Boat
• Obuzaabaa Tactical Vehicle & Sasayaku Control Transport
• Gossamer Surveillance Drone
• Wakamiya Salvage Destroyer

"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

mutantsix

• Corporal
« Reply #822 on: 25 September 2018, 07:03:38 »
I was looking at the Marksman Artillery Vehicle (Standard) and it is listed as general IS availability in the late SW yet it comes with ferro armor?

I thought Ferro would make it not available in this era?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #823 on: 25 September 2018, 20:38:20 »
I think that one should be extinct in renaissance.

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #824 on: 15 October 2018, 18:10:50 »
Suggestion: Add the "Royal" variants to the Member States and Associate Member States from Era Report: 2750, which were available as per page 143:
To reflect Star League designs and technology creeping into the rest of the Inner Sphere, any unit on the Random Assignment Table that is noted with an asterisk (*) also has a “Royal” model available for play that is normally only found in Star League divisions, but may appear outside of SLDF ranks due to field modifications or other sources. To determine which model may be used, the controlling player must make a special 2D6 roll after the unit is selected. If this “Royal Check” equals or exceeds 10, the “Royal” model may be used. Otherwise, the player must choose the standard model. These Royal designs may be found in Record Sheets: Operation Klondike (RSOK) unless otherwise noted.

Below is a list of all those with Royal variants available, some of which have already been added to the MUL as-described, while some have not.

Inner Sphere General
CRD-3R Crusader
HER-1Sb Hermes
LCT-1Vb Locust
OTT-7Jb Ostscout
STK-3Fb Stalker
STG-3Gb Stinger
THE-N Thorn
WHM-6Rb Warhammer

Periphery General
CRD-3R Crusader
LCT-1Vb Locust
OTT-7Jb Ostscout
STK-3Fb Stalker
STG-3Gb Stinger
THE-N Thorn
TDR-5Sb2 Thunderbolt

Capellan Confederation
CHP-2N Champion
OSR-2Cb Ostroc

Draconis Combine
ARC-2Rb Archer
STN-3Lb Sentinel
TDR-5Sb2 Thunderbolt
WHM-6Rb Warhammer

Federated Suns
ARC-2Rb Archer
TDR-5Sb2 Thunderbolt

Free Worlds League
OSR-2Cb Ostroc
TDR-5Sb2 Thunderbolt

Lyran Commonwealth
OSR-2Cb Ostroc
FLC-4Nb Falcon

Rim Worlds Republic
HER-1Sb Hermes
« Last Edit: 15 October 2018, 18:35:48 by TigerShark »
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #825 on: 17 October 2018, 21:29:38 »
After setting up a complete set of factories for our online campaign, I did notice that there was a notable lack of advanced tech in the RWA, despite the language of FR:2765:

This seems to indicate that, for 12 years, the Imperial Divisions were modernizing with SLDF equipment. Feels like some of the TRO:2750 designs would be listed in the "Rim Worlds Republic: Home Guard", such as those listed in 2765 on page 18 (Black Knight, Excalibur, Highlander, King Crab) and on page 19 (Atlas).

Surely, these advanced designs went with the Liberation Army to Terra, but for those 12 years, they were in the Republic proper. I'm sure it's come up before, but just asking if you guys can take a look. The list feels a bit "anemic" for a force capable of defeating the SLDF on its home ground. :)
Bump on this one. Any word on it? And if "no," what would the reasoning be? I ask because factories are a part of an ongoing campaign, so it'd be helpful :)
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #826 on: 20 October 2018, 18:46:04 »
Add card for Thrush TR-5: Identical to TR-7 but with Ferro Aluminum armor
Add Transit TR-9 (entry and card): Identical to TR-10 but with Ferro Aluminum armor--2 additional armor points aft and 15 rounds of AC ammo
(Both fighter's variants described in Second Succession War, p. 110, and Field Report 2765: CCAF, p. 18.)

Replace Star Dagger (Unknown) with Star Dagger S-2B:  Same as S-2 but with standard components. Replace engine with 240 rating. Replace small laser with medium laser. Armor layout is 34/22/18
Described in Second Succession War, p. 110, and I found an old post about it from nckestrel.

GespenstM

• Lieutenant
« Reply #827 on: 04 November 2018, 09:49:42 »
Mad Cat III Standard might be Missing a Faction

Unit: Mad Cat III Standard

Link: http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/4561/mad-cat-iii-standard

Overview: I believe the Mad Cat III Standard should be added to the Mercenary unit list for Early Republic, Late Republic, and Dark Ages.

Reasoning and Evidence: The other models of Mad Cat III are listed as Mercenary units, and no special lore exists to establish why they wouldn't buy the Standard model as well. Additionally, page 148 of TRO: Experimental states "the Diamond Sharks are readily selling the Mad Cat III to every interested buyer." It lists several Houses in particular, but I imagine mercenaries would want this machine too.

Additionally, Mercenaries are listed as buyers for most other 'for Inner Sphere purchasers' Mad Cats, such as Mad Cat Mk. II and Mad Cat Mk. IV.

Edit: Further, the Kell Hounds and Wolf's Dragoons are also listed as users for the Standard model.

Suggested Change: Add Mad Cat III (Standard) to Mercenary listings for those three eras (Early Republic, Late Republic, Dark Ages).

Thank you for your time!
« Last Edit: 06 November 2018, 21:44:00 by GespenstM »

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #828 on: 06 December 2018, 12:06:01 »
Thor II E is missing from the MUL

The variant appeared only in the 3150 book and not in the original 3145 rendition. It has a full stat line, not just a description, and should be easy to include with a proper BV and AS card.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #829 on: 09 December 2018, 19:20:23 »
Fast Recon Cavalry Point, 67th BattleMech Cluster, Iota Galaxy

Unit Type Infantry - Conventional Infantry - Wheeled

Hi,  this should be listed as Hover infantry, not wheeled.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #830 on: 18 December 2018, 11:44:32 »
The Eagle EGL-R6 aerospace fighter does not have a star to indicate it was featured in a TRO - it is found in TRO:3075 (pg 264)

edit: Add the Lightning LTN-G15 (pg 251). I suspect there are more 3075 units lurking as well

edit2: by more I mean every fighter except the Hellcat

The List:
Shade S-HA-O (98)
Rusalka S-RSL-O (100)
Striga S-STR-O (102)
Sabre SB-27 (212)
Centurion CNT-1D (230)
Lightning LTN-G15 (250)
Eagle EGL-R6 (264)
Deathstalker F-77 (266)
Typhoon TFN-2A (284)
Thunderbird TRB-D36 (286)
Vulcan VLC-5N (302)

« Last Edit: 18 December 2018, 14:41:23 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #831 on: 23 December 2018, 14:34:56 »
* VERSION: MUL Online
* THE ERROR: MUL Online shows BV of 2006, but Record Sheets: 3085 - Project Phoenix lists the BV of the 'Mech as 1742.
Perhaps when the BV of GOL-5W Goliath was changed from 2030 to 2006 points in October 2015, somebody has changed the BV of GOL-6M by mistake too?
* THE CORRECTION: Return the BV of GOL-6M Goliath back to 1742.

Rom Precentor

• Recruit
« Reply #832 on: 28 January 2019, 15:01:15 »
Any chance that there could be a quick start record sheet generator on the MUL as well?  I ask because while it would help me with con/demo games but I think it would also help draw in more players yet not compete with the existing record sheet line. 

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #833 on: 02 February 2019, 13:49:25 »
Would it be possible to get some sort of FAQ-style answer for the definition of "Extinct"? I feel like I've gotten different answers from different people on the team over the years (this may be because the official answer actually changed over time)

Is it:
A) All Dead: Definitely totally 100% gone excepting potentially unknown examples forgotten by the sands of time (e.g. a Star League Vault uncovered by a plucky mercenary outfit)
B) Mostly Dead: Gone from essentially every military (and possibly public memory), but a few working examples continue to be put into service in secret/out of sight (e.g. the ComGuards or a home clan dezgra garrison)
C) Not quite dead: some, but not enough to make it on any faction's availability lists
D) Some combination or variation of the above
E) none of the above
F) The rules are made up and the points don't matter

thanks

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #834 on: 02 February 2019, 14:18:31 »
If it actually says Extinct, then there are no known (in universe) examples of that unit in a military force and it is believed by everyone to no longer be in service anywhere.
The MUL is about combat deployment, and informing players what is in use. It could be in a museum, or hidden in a star league cache, or maybe somebody has one and the rest of the Inner Sphere doesn't know about.  None of those count.

The MUL isn't interested in being a straight-jacket.  We're a tool to assist, not to beat people with.  If a player wants an extinct mech, it's their (local) game.  If a writer wants one in a story, it's an exception.  We move on.  We informed and people did what they wanted and good for them.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #835 on: 11 February 2019, 17:41:24 »
Hello there,

I am not fully sure this should go here, but I will shot anyway to see what I get from you :)

I am sure I am a moron, but I do not know how to

1. Search the MUL from my phone. I can search for specific units normally (type "Karnov" in the search field) but I do not know how to use filters.

2. I do not know how to search for features or characteristics like mechs with 10"+ inch move, or transports with IT3 in their characteristics.

Are those 2 things possible? I m sure they are but I do not know how to do it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Xavi

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #836 on: 11 February 2019, 18:17:44 »
Filters are not available on the mobile site.
There is no move search on either site unfortunately.
The desktop site has a search for AS abilities under the Alpha Strike section.  You'd just type IT3 into the text box for AS Abilities.

jshdncn

• Corporal
« Reply #837 on: 23 February 2019, 08:58:20 »
The Gladiator(Executioner) I should have a movement of 12”/8”j since it has a supercharger and MASC system, not 10”/8”j.

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #838 on: 26 February 2019, 01:43:57 »
Swift Wind Scout Car should be available to the St. Ives faction for the duration of that faction's existence per TRO 3039, Pg. 12:
"Only a few dozen Swift Winds can be found outside the Capellan Confederation (or the short-lived St. Ives Compact), with most of those “foreign” Swift Winds operated by mercenary units that served House Liao well. With the secession of St. Ives, Swift Winds actually competed against one another as the Confederation mounts raids against its former state."

Apollo APL-1M should not be available to the Fed Com/Fed Suns/Lyrans/St. Ives/Rasalhauge in the Clan Invasion or Civil War era per TRO 3055, Pg. 57
"Earthwerks has been instructed to refuse any Federated Commonwealth, St. Ives Compact, or Rasalhague Orders for the new Mech."

However, it seems that sales to the LAAF, AFFS in the Jihad era per TRO 3055U, Pg. 42:
"The recent* removal of the LAAF and AFFS from the “banned sales list” has led to speculation about new exports; sales to ComStar, the Free Rasalhague Republic and the CCAF remain embargoed." (*The forward of the book states that TRO 3055U is written in 3067, which suggests that these would have been for sale in the Jihad era.)

TRO 3055U also states that the design is embargoed in the CCAF (unclear if this applied in the original TRO 3055). 3050U states the Apollo is also sold to the WOB Militia, but no timeline is given for when it was made available to them.
« Last Edit: 26 February 2019, 01:46:02 by Hayden. »
Hayden

pascal

• Corporal
masterunitlist.info is missing FLE-16
« Reply #839 on: 11 March 2019, 14:03:56 »
Of all the mechs listed in the new TRO: Succession Wars, the FLE-16 is the only mech not represented for Alpha Strike.

Would someone be so kind to add it?

On a very minor sidenote: CN9-A lists REAR1/1/0 while most other units would list it as REAR1/1/-