Author Topic: Tiburon Khanate, Gamma Aimag, Epsilon Trinary  (Read 1255 times)

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
Tiburon Khanate, Gamma Aimag, Epsilon Trinary
« on: 23 August 2020, 16:15:21 »
I don't like just writing out a bunch of tables so I'm going to present this unit as a series of stories. Or, at least one story. I might get bored. Commence storytime.

For Context, the Cargo Doors Work Fine

Ridgebrook, Taurian Concordat

“Ah, good morning, Major! No, no, no need to dismount. Can you just…? Yes, perfect. Thank you.”

“It is a pleasure to see you again! It has been a long time since we made planetfall here, quiaff? Oh, truly? That long. What a marvel, how the universe moves on without us.”

“Please, just turn here. Our DropShip was directed to one of the auxiliary depots. Just between us, I think the flight controllers were a bit nervous.”

“Oh, yes, Major. I did not say they were wrong to be apprehensive.”

“Ha, just so. No,  I don’t imagine your world has seen her like before, at least not coming in peace.”

Neg, not so terribly interesting a story. First Prince Julian had a damaged Conquistador that had, regrettably, become surplus to his lift requirements. We traded him a pair of our assault DropShips and repaired her ourselves. Both sides profited thereby, as we prefer.”

Code: [Select]
Figuratively Littoral (Formerly Edwin May)
Modified Conquistador-Class DropShip
CO: Star Captain Jard Sutherland
-Upgraded with Clan weaponry
-Cargo bays reconfigured:
    -15 ‘Mech Cubicles (3 doors)
    -5 Super-Heavy ‘Mech Cubicles (1 door)*
    -10 Heavy Vehicle Bays (1 door)
    -25 Clan Battle Armor Point Bays
    -20 Aerospace Fighter Bays (2 doors)
    -1214-ton Cargo Bay (1 door)

“Ah, yes, here we are. If you will pull around to the aft cargo bay...we had a few issues with the side bay doors. The techs say they stem from the original design and not our modifications, but the techs say a lot of things, quiaff?”

“As you say. Sometimes I think there is only one technician in all the worlds, and they simply move very quickly between all the places we expect technicians to be. Oh, pardon me?”

“Ah. Yes. The name. Well, I would tell Star Captain Hawker that you approve, were it not for the fact that I would never, ever, encourage him thus. We Merchants must keep a few secrets, and such frivolous names are unbecoming besides.”

“That may be, Major, but I will still not tell him, and the ghastliness of your taste compels me to remember this conversation when we next seek to strike a bargain.”

Neg, do not worry. Just stop the vehicle here. Yes, yes, well met, Point Commander Sayf. Master Merchant Azroc, and Major Reilly of Reilly’s Renders. Major, do you have some form of identification?”

“Excellent, thank you again, Point Commander. Delightful fellow, Sayf. Likes mountaineering, so I daresay he hopes the techs take a few days on those doors. Anyhow, here is our vehicle bay, Major. It is slightly smaller than the original specs, although I do not imagine you have been on a Conquistador before, quineg?”

Recon Star
Cizin Hover Tank (Support), Star Commander Janet
Cizin Hover Tank (Support), Warrior Cheryl
Cizin Hover Tank (Standard), Point Commander Nichelle
Cizin Hover Tank (Standard), Warrior Georgia
Epona Pursuit Tank, Point Commander Wikitoria
Epona Pursuit Tank, Warrior Declan
Kite Reconnaissance Vehicle, Point Commander Madhura
Kite Reconnaissance Vehicle, Warrior Ken
Kite Reconnaissance Vehicle, Point Commander Sabeeka
Kite Reconnaissance Vehicle, Warrior Marid

“I find it a most comfortable vessel. Anyhow, as you can see, we just have a security and screening force. It does not do to upset the locals; that much I can assure you.”

“Ha, just so. Or the client, indeed. This is the BattleMech Star’s...oh, Major, watch that cable. Warrior Esek Rodriguez! Is there a reason there is a charged conduit cutting across this bay with no safety signage?”

Striker Star
Tiburon, Star Commander Saygrid
Hammerhead, Warrior Weaver
Hammerhead, Warrior Rodel
Rifleman IIC 8, Warrior Cosmo
Mad Cat III, Warrior Esek Rodriguez

“That is not what I asked, Warrior. I still do not know what a Bloodnamed Sea Fox does to fall this far, but you can rest assured it will pale in comparison to what happens if you or your worthless stravag tech does not rectify this disgrace immediately!”

“I do not give half an Atrean Standard Frak what you think, Warrior. Should we find ourselves on a battlefield I will of course defer to you but this is my cargo bay and you will observe the safety guidelines or I swear on the Founders’ names, I will mix you in Harjel and send you back to Twycross as a rejected batch. Are we clear, Warrior?”

“Thank you. We will speak again soon. Anyhow, I do apologize, Major. One bay to go. We have rather a surplus of space these days, but that is hardly an issue. More room for trade goods and more space to stretch one’s legs. Do you have much space time, Major?”

“Oh, I see. Yes, that is quite a lot. Nearly three years!”

“Okay, very good. As you can see, all four of your Coyotls are present, and you are of course welcome to inspect them. The weaponry and ammunition packages you specified are strapped down in our bulk cargo section, but we can offload them as soon as your transport arrives. In fact, we also find ourselves with a few new configuration packages that I was unable to offer last time we spoke, if you would care to negotiate for those...?”

“Oh, my good Major Reilly, I know you do not mean that. No, these packages were only recently standardized. I insisted we bring them all this way specifically to offer them to you!”

“I have a suggestion. Evidently we will be unable to lift off for several days. What if I were to, say, loan these packages to you for evaluation? Just for a day or two. And of course, we will cover any ammunition expenditures from our own stocks.”

“Thank you, Major. Well bargained and done. I do believe I hear the rumble of transports, so we will begin offloading immediately.”

“Oh, behind that bulkhead? Nothing of importance, just a few renovations we are still working to get up and running. Honestly, I would be mortified to show you. As you said, no profit in scaring the client!”

Leviathan Star
Warhawk II**, Star Captain Ramad Hawker
Warhawk II, Warrior Savauna
Mad Dog Mk IV, Warrior Cole
Mad Dog Mk IV, Warrior Robin
Savage Wolf, Warrior Kelly

“Sign here, please.”

*Following the precedent of the Duat, this is a 220-ton 'Mech bay.

**The Warhawk II is a custom design.

« Last Edit: 25 August 2020, 18:07:23 by Diplominator »