Author Topic: The Wolf Empire: Our Khan Beat Devlin Stone in a Savage Wolf! Buy Savage Wolves!  (Read 199724 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I feel unless the the powers that be say something or they print something in a source book, it not canon. This was a what if situation. The Deep Periphery was cut off with the rest clan space.
It was mentioned that Scorpions situation going get a update.

Hopefully we will find out the Clans fate.  Im not fan of the protomechs being slowly phased out or seemly so.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
The Ravens are still using ProtoMechs.  And Hell's Horses?
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Eh, in the Inner Sphere the Nova Cats and Warden Wolves were using them while the SharkFoxes were building them for sale . . . by 3145, one faction is dead and the other two quit building/using Protos.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Well, you can either have Timber Wolves or ProtoMechs, and you can’t have ProtoMechs. :)
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
The story of the Not-Named has been preserved as a lesson of what happens when a Clan goes against the way of the Clans.

Here's the thing, though. The Wolves, and the rest of the Council of Six Clans are effectively the same as the Wolverines now. They bought the taint of corruption to the Homeworlds and contaminated them through their contact with the Inner Sphere. The Wolves are probably held in especially high disdain since they chose to destroy the Kerensky legacies in what would likely be seen as a childish act of defiance.

And while yes, the Coyotes did help the Wolves with their flight from the homeworlds, there's a lot more to it then just that. That generation of Coyote warriors and leaders were the same ones that allowed themselves to be taken over and corrupted by the Society, and serve as their agents in the destruction of the Clan Homeworlds.

Why would the post-Reaving Coyotes, a clan that only survives at the Sufferance of others want to associate with the Wolves or depict them as anything other then the enemy? Especially given that the Coyotes have the Cloud Cobras breathing down their necks for even the slightest slip-up.

There's no logical reason at all for the Coyotes to see the Wolves as anything other then The Enemy. They could even go so far as to pass off their previous cooperation as being the result of the same misguided traitors that sided with the Society.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
The story of the Not-Named has been preserved as a lesson of what happens when a Clan goes against the way of the Clans.

Here's the thing, though. The Wolves, and the rest of the Council of Six Clans are effectively the same as the Wolverines now. They bought the taint of corruption to the Homeworlds and contaminated them through their contact with the Inner Sphere. The Wolves are probably held in especially high disdain since they chose to destroy the Kerensky legacies in what would likely be seen as a childish act of defiance.

And while yes, the Coyotes did help the Wolves with their flight from the homeworlds, there's a lot more to it then just that. That generation of Coyote warriors and leaders were the same ones that allowed themselves to be taken over and corrupted by the Society, and serve as their agents in the destruction of the Clan Homeworlds.

Why would the post-Reaving Coyotes, a clan that only survives at the Sufferance of others want to associate with the Wolves or depict them as anything other then the enemy? Especially given that the Coyotes have the Cloud Cobras breathing down their necks for even the slightest slip-up.

There's no logical reason at all for the Coyotes to see the Wolves as anything other then The Enemy. They could even go so far as to pass off their previous cooperation as being the result of the same misguided traitors that sided with the Society.

Hmm, I think if a Wolfkhan of the Kerensky bloodhouse (a bloodline the Home Clans have thought of being destroyed) appears before their old allies and proposes a joint military action to conquer Terra and to defeat the Jade Falcons, well I can think f the Coyotes might like the idea.
However, it might be that there is a "Divided We Fall"  result, some Coyotes left with Garner Kerensky, but some not. It might ead to a sundering of the Coyotes and a retaliation strike of the other Home Clans.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Frank

• Master Sergeant
  • The True Holders Of Kerensky's Legecy
Reading all the new fiction lately is Wonderful :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like we will see a new massive battle between the Falcons and the Wolves. Something like the Refusal war they had that kept the Truce in place.

It will be a massive treat to see what happens in the Ilclan book when it final comes out.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
To be fair we all knew that alliance that Vlad Ward build with Marthe Pryde would collapse without those two. Hatred that those two clans have towards each other is that deep rooted. So things are pretty much back to normal way those should be. It's almost like balance of BTU has been restored.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

CJC070

• Lieutenant
To be fair we all knew that alliance that Vlad Ward build with Marthe Pryde would collapse without those two. Hatred that those two clans have towards each other is that deep rooted. So things are pretty much back to normal way those should be. It's almost like balance of BTU has been restored.

Battletech is about balance there are always two sides Lyran/Draconian, Fedsuns/Cappelan, Freeworlds/themselves, IS/Clanners, and Ghost Bears/Hell's Horses.  There are other groups as well but these are most apparent to me.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
It will be interesting how Clans will be seen after the IlClan era get started.  From the Era Style TRO's intros of in-universe introduction by Loremaster from 3250, gave me the vibe the Clans were suppressive like the Roman Empire was.  Frankly, while i don't mind reading source book noting campaigns to fight off the Clans as they take over, i'd rather skip over to 3250 where the Wolf Empire and it's Third Star League is toppled by new/old factions emerging.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
I have said this other places before, but I am all for a power in the middle of the map. An ilClanatr state centered on Terra would be cool.

SteveRestless

• Major
But before they leave, there’s one thing he must acquire—the body of the Great Father, Aleksandr Kerensky, interred aboard the WarShip McKenna’s Pride

BLOODNAMES OF THE FOUNDERS.  :o we didn't just drop the mic on the homeworlds and steal his genes we weekend-at-bernies'ed Aleksandr freaking Kerensky!!!
« Last Edit: 09 June 2020, 12:45:34 by SteveRestless »
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Yeah, the Wolves will feature heavily in several of the upcoming fiction pieces that were teased.

With the Wolves fighting to become the ilClan against the Falcons . . . I see it as a easy way to re-unite with the Wardens.  The Crusade is over, the Wolves are (or will fight to be) the ilClan which makes the best 'Warden' strategy to defend the IS from excess to follow Ulric's path- be the leader.

However, Alaric is not the Crusader Vlad was . . . Malvina might be the one closest to the Invading Crusaders in temperament and cause.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Nibs

• Captain
Maybe Aleksandr will be returning to Terra with Alaric...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Was not Alek's coffin a BTU modern update to what Alexander was reputed to rest in?
Colt Ward

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Maybe Aleksandr will be returning to Terra with Alaric...
Eesh. If that's true...he be next Lenin.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
Eesh. If that's true...he be next Lenin.
This would speak volumes of the quality of the upcoming Wolf ilClan.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
The Clans already kept Aleksandr's body for display on his McKenna battleship- wonder which Clan got it in Reavings?
Colt Ward

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
The Clans already kept Aleksandr's body for display on his McKenna battleship- wonder which Clan got it in Reavings?
Considering one of the upcoming stories is about an operation ordered by Vlad Ward to recover Aleksandr's body and evacuate it during the WoR, we are probably going to get a definitive answer to that soon. If you are talking about who got the McKenna's Pride, it was reactivated and used against the Steel Vipers, so I think it would be either the Adders or the Cobras.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Meant the Pride.
Colt Ward

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Or this will make hilarious Weekends at Bernie style film gone wrong.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
you obviously meant gone oh so right

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
you obviously meant gone oh so right
I can picture the Elemental (let's call him Bob) sneaks around the streets of Strana Mechty trying make his way to the rendezvous point, puts Rayband Sunglasses on Alekendr Kerensky says, "Stay Cool, General.  Were almost there." borrows a convertible hover sports coup with top down and tries drive off.

Imperium

• Sergeant
  • Politics by Other Means
Our Khan won in great and honorable combat against the ruler of Terra. By all rights - he is IlKhan, and First Lord AND Exarch! By defeating the ruler of Terra, the Wolf Empire has taken Terra!
" ALL WAR, is an extension of Politics." Carl Von Clausewitz, summarizing the Napoleonic Wars

"War therefore is an act of violence intended to compel our opponent to fulfil our will." Clausewitz, Ibid.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
I can picture the Elemental (let's call him Bob) sneaks around the streets of Strana Mechty trying make his way to the rendezvous point, puts Rayband Sunglasses on Alekendr Kerensky says, "Stay Cool, General.  Were almost there." borrows a convertible hover sports coup with top down and tries drive off.

After they break him hour of his coffin they lose track of the body while avoiding the army of guards. the shot zooms out as the heroes bicker behind some cover about LOSING KERENSKY’S BODY to frame the Great Founder slowly floating upside down while bullets fly everywhere

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

CJC070

• Lieutenant
Our Khan won in great and honorable combat against the ruler of Terra. By all rights - he is IlKhan, and First Lord AND Exarch! By defeating the ruler of Terra, the Wolf Empire has taken Terra!

He can also claim the Archonship and First Princedom as well

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
And by some technicalities . . . via Isis marriage to his father, the League throne . . . but that takes a lot of contortions that usually are paper-thing justifications for reaching out with the iron fist.
Colt Ward

SteveRestless

• Major
That said, having seperate polities as member states of a Wolf-Led Star League would be better than having six thrones himself. For one, should Alaric die, member states might remain member states, while those thrones could slip away. Further, uniting various parties into a Wolf-Led Star League would put pressure on the parties not inclined to join.

Were I the Khan, and things go down roughly as I imagine they will, we'll have a Post-Mongol Clan Jade Falcon, hurting from failure to stop the Wolf ilClanship AND from Hell's Horses preying on their OZ. Plus, focusing on the Wolves has allowed the Lyrans a moment to breathe. We'll have a Federated Suns struggling for it's survival against the Capellans and the Combine, neither of whom is a friend of ours. Plus the FS has a legitimate grievance with the Snow Ravens. So, I would offer to Clan Jade Falcon "Acknowledge our ilClanship and join our Star League. In return we will offer you the league's protection from being absorbed by the Horses and help you get back on your feet" and similarly we will reach out to the Federated Suns and offer our support against the Combine and Confederation, who are not member-states (and frankly, I can lay a significant amount of the blame for the succession wars at the combine's feet, as it was a Kurita who refused to acknowledge Davion as the successor, so there's cause for a grudge there too) in return for participating in our Star League.  I am reasonably sure that the Sea Foxes will see the profit in participation, and through them we might be able to get the remnants of the cat clans to acknowledge us. Particularly if it means a chance to rebuild themselves as clans.

The Bears? Eh, the bears are going to do whatever the bears want to do. It'd be nice to see if we could entice them to tear into the Combine, but I'm not counting on it. a Bear/Wolf alliance is almost too much a fedcom-esque I Win Button. I'd be happy with a token acknowledgement and leave the Bears to do whatever they're content doing.

The Horses? Well, the Skinwalker hints at a possible Wolf/Horse Collaboration. But there is that bad blood from the late 3060s and Reaving Eras. I don't know how to call that one.

The Ravens? It'd be nice to have them. Maybe the FS joining the Star League would pressure them if they're reluctant.

The FWL could probably be brought into the fold with Sea Fox/Preserve Cat help. We've successfully dealt with them before, and we could cede some systems back as an incentive.

The Lyrans might see sense in participating if we cede some Empire worlds back and promise that participation means survival and a chance to engage in civilized trials to regain territory. Or they might resist and make a target of themselves.

I would say the Combine and the Confederation should be struck hard, humbled, made example of. Once they're bloodied, then give them the option of capitulating and acknowledging our League to end the pain. Offering the Falcons a chance to tear into the Confederation, and giving them a chance to gain territory that isn't surrounded by the Horses and the Lyrans might be welcome. Or perhaps the Bears can be tempted to take the Confederation into the fold the way they have Rasalhague, since half of their founders ancestry was Rasalhaguian and the other half was Capellan. Facilitating that might be a way to get the bears' enthusiastic participation in the league.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Huh?  '58 redux . . . Malvina loses, we absorb the Falcons . . . take that Christu.
Colt Ward

Minemech

• Captain
And by some technicalities . . . via Isis marriage to his father, the League throne . . . but that takes a lot of contortions that usually are paper-thing justifications for reaching out with the iron fist.
I want to say that her side of the line is cut off, like the Sian-Marik side.

Register