Author Topic: Improved Mega MUL and Factory List  (Read 14333 times)

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
Re: Mega MUL and Factory List
« Reply #30 on: 05 January 2014, 09:34:16 »
New updates to both the Factory List and the Mega MUL

Ok, now the Factory List and Mech Portion of the Mega MUL are done until I do the Vehicles.  I'm probably going to add in the fan projects, but I will put them in with a colored background to differentiate between canon and non-canon.
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 09 January 2014, 18:00:28 »
Not sure if this is a good place to put it up but I'll try.

The Factory List is pretty self explanatory.  An excel list of all the parts and units and where and who build them.

Things to do:
  • Add in some fan based info with notation that it is fan written
  • Add in Fan Objectives: 3067
  • Add in Fan Objectives: Periphery
  • Add in a new way to do the Shipped to ... for ... information
  • Add in faction info, but this is an issue for the ones that change hands
  • Add in new info if it comes to light
  • Fix any errors

The Mega MUL is based off the Online MUL, but with added functionality.  This is still a work in progress.  Once it is done you will be able to search by Faction info, year produced, C3, ECM, Probe, Tag, Omni, and Cargo/Troop capability along with other things.  This is still being worked on, though the base (for Mechs) is done.

Things to do:
  • Add in Vehicles (current work), IndustrialMechs, Aero, BA, Protomechs, and Dropships
  • Add in ECM, Probe, Tag, Stealth, and Cargo columns for the Mech list
  • Separate the Faction info into separate columns

The future RAT.  This is going to be the end product of all this.  It will end up as a Xotl type RAT extended into 3050 and through the end of the Jihad and probably into 3145.

Mega List (mechs)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-lrFhBOeHPeRjNTbEpfT1ZDWms/edit?usp=sharing
Black-Standard Succession wars tech, though there are some things left that aren't Lvl 1 tech.  Dual Cockpits and RL specifically.
Green-Star League Era advanced tech
Purple-IS advanced tech
Red-Clan tech
Blue-Mixed IS and Clan tech

Factory Production
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-lrFhBOeHPeOWpyLVBJVHFpWnc/edit?usp=sharing
Black-IS factories
Red-Clan factories
Green (in darker rows) - Destroyed/closed factories
« Last Edit: 18 January 2014, 02:34:10 by pfarland »
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 10 January 2014, 03:12:23 »
0.o
This looks like some pretty extensive work.
 8)
Nicely done.
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 10 January 2014, 11:24:56 »
Thanks!  It's only going to get longer as I go on.  It's been months of work, with a lot more to go, but the end product RAT will be worth it.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 18 January 2014, 01:55:03 »
Error correction.  Minor one, Pinard Protectorates Limited was listed as producing the Rommel Tank.  This was errata'd as false.  Deleted entry.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 18 January 2014, 02:32:57 »
Error correction.  Minor one, Pinard Protectorates Limited was listed as producing the Rommel Tank.  This was errata'd as false.  Deleted entry.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 18 January 2014, 02:35:28 »
Ah, this one was moved from another section.  Please look at the main one.  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,35606.0.html

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #37 on: 18 January 2014, 05:49:57 »
  Duplicate threads merged for poster convenience.  Have a nice day....  ;)

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: 18 January 2014, 16:21:19 »
Thanks!

Molossian Dog IIC

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the sword ... die by dysentery.
« Reply #39 on: 18 January 2014, 22:07:31 »
Someone give that man a medal already!

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: 18 January 2014, 23:55:48 »
Thank you!  I'm coming up to the end of the Vehicle List, then it'll be on to the other lists and somewhere along the line add in Tag, ECM, Probe, and Stealth columns in the Mech list.

Once all that is done I'm going to start the Mega Rat.

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: 19 January 2014, 05:04:04 »
Thanks for all the outstanding work you've done, a great resource. have you considered a Alpha Strike MegaMUL, kind of a spreadsheet with the Alpha Strike stats with Name, size, s/m/l A/S and specials. might be useful to all those new guys who are coming on board because of Alpha Strike.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: 19 January 2014, 05:39:35 »
Not a problem, and thank you!  I'd give all the support I could, if anyone wanted to turn this into an Alpha Strike version, but I know nothing about AS. 

pfarland

• Captain
Re: Improved Mega MUL and Factory List
« Reply #43 on: 28 January 2014, 22:33:28 »
Major new update to the Mega MUL.  Added sections for unit movement, jump, ECM, TAG, probe, stealth and did some general cleanup.

saginatio

• Private
« Reply #44 on: 31 January 2014, 19:49:12 »
That is a really impressive work you have done :D. Gargantuan Thank You for it :)

I also look forward to see the RAT tables made from it. If I can ask: when do you expect to start releasing RATs? (is it a matter of weeks, months, years?)

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: 31 January 2014, 20:04:44 »
You're welcome!  Glad to see that people enjoy it! 

Weeks to months before the RATs start to come out.  I'm almost done the Vehicle MUL, once that is done it's on to the BA, Aero, and Dropship ones.  After that the work begins on the RATs.  The RATs will be an in depth one, a general 'loose' one that is just like Xotl's and then a more 'focused' RAT that will have sub tables for the various different mech roles.  For instance, if you are looking to put together a fire support lance from a faction there will be a sub-RAT for it.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: 03 February 2014, 10:53:51 »
Now the Mega List for Vehicles is up.  Waiting till I'm done with the other lists to add in factory info.  Movement information should be up within a week at the outside.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: 10 February 2014, 14:35:27 »
And the Battle Armor List is up!  Next stop, ASF!

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: 12 February 2014, 01:55:44 »
Some major error checking complete on the BA list.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 12 February 2014, 12:45:58 »
OMFG... I just stumbled across this thread... soooooooo awesome!

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: 12 February 2014, 13:00:22 »
Glad you like it!  Been working on this for awhile now.  If I had realized what i was in for when I first started, I probably wouldn't have done it though!  All this to produce a continuance to Xotl's RAT into the years where he left off.  I had ended up copying the Online MUL, looked at it and said to myself "Wouldn't it be nice if it could do this ... ?"  And now I'm here!  Still have a lot of work to do though.

And please, if anyone sees any errors, let me know.  I do know that the units from RS 3145-NTNU aren't in yet and I still need to put in the added functions into the Mech List. 

D.Jensen

• Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 19 February 2015, 15:06:55 »
I know I'm dredging up an old post, but this is awesome! I have been intermittently working on my own version of this and you have saved me countless hours! Thank you for doing this! O0 O0 O0

Register