Author Topic: Improved Mega MUL and Factory List  (Read 14284 times)

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
Improved Mega MUL and Factory List
« on: 12 December 2013, 21:11:15 »
The Mega MUL goes above and beyond what the Online MUL does.  The Factory List tracks known production of units and parts.

Mega MUL
Based off the Online MUL I've added in faction info, C3 capability, omni capability, Movement, Jump capabilities (and distance), TAG, ECM, Probe, Stealth, and the factories and locations the unit is produced at.
To do:
  • Add in more faction info
  • Clean up faction info into separate columns
  • Add in more factory info as it is found
  • Any other things as I think of them or if suggested

Mega MUL - Battle Armor
Based off the Online MUL I've added in faction info, C3 capability, omni capability, Movement, TAG, ECM, Probe, Stealth, Weapons, Special Features, (and the factories and locations the unit is produced at not yet implemented).
  • Adjust faction info if needed
  • Add in factory info as it is found

Mega MUL - Vehicle
Based off the Online MUL I've added in faction info, C3 capability, omni capability, (Movement not yet implemented), TAG, ECM, Probe, Stealth, (and the factories and locations the unit is produced at not yet implemented).
To do:
  • Add in movement info
  • Add in more faction info
  • Add in factory info as it is found

Factory List
Mostly finished, but still has a few things to do.
  • Figure out a way to modify the "Shipped to - for -" to show up differently
  • Add a note section
  • Add faction info, but this is an issue because of some factories changing hands

Other projects, making a Mega List for Vehicles, BA, ASFs, and Naval units.

Mega List (mechs)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-lrFhBOeHPeNVcxcXZQUkY0bkk/edit?usp=sharing
Black Text-Standard Succession wars tech, though there are some things left that aren't Lvl 1 tech.  Dual Cockpits and RL specifically.
Green Text-Star League Era advanced tech
Purple Text-IS advanced tech
Red Text-Clan tech
Blue Text-Mixed IS and Clan tech
Dark Green Cells-Unable to find either the info or enough of it to summarize unit.
Light Blue Cells-Units that aren't in Mega Mek
Light Brown Cells-Books I don't have, so I can't provide info.
*Edit
  • Correlated data between the Factory List and the Mega MUL
  • Added a few mechs in from 3145 that were left out
  • Major update adding movement, ECM, probe, and stealth

Mega List (Battle Armor)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-lrFhBOeHPeNjZSdEU5SzNEUEk/edit?usp=sharing
Black Text-Inner Sphere Units
Red Text-Clan Units
Blue Text-Mixed Tech Units
Yellow Cells-Cannot find enough info
Purple Cells-Base units with modular weapons
Green Cells-Units left out of Online MUL, added by me/Trinity unit Regional names
Blue Cells-Trinity Units by Trinity name first.  Kept for completeness with online MUL

Mega List (vehicles)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-lrFhBOeHPeb3E1ZXlhcUZ3X3c/edit?usp=sharing
Black Text-Standard Succession wars tech
Green Text-Star League Era advanced tech
Purple Text-IS advanced tech
Red Text-Clan tech
Blue Text-Mixed IS and Clan tech
Yellow Cells-unit info I don't have currently

Factory Production
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-lrFhBOeHPeOWpyLVBJVHFpWnc/edit?usp=sharing
Black-IS factories
Red-Clan factories
Green (in darker rows) - Destroyed/closed factories

*Edit
  • Added missing factories through B
  • Changed Clan factories to show affiliation at last published date
  • Added missing factories through C
  • Added missing factories through H
  • Added missing factories through Z
  • Changed unknowns to yellow/orange with question marks
  • Started adding in which factories are destroyed
  • Deleted a few double entries
  • Fixed some minor errors
  • Added a few more missing factories
  • Corrected a few errors and reversed clan mech names
  • Correlated data between the Factory List and the Mega MUL
  • Minor error fix
« Last Edit: 12 February 2014, 01:54:35 by pfarland »
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

pfarland

• Captain
Re: Mega MUL and Factory List
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2013, 13:11:29 »
Edit done, bumping to top
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Davout73

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2013, 14:55:41 »
This looks great, especially the factory one!

Now if there were a way to show which factories were in operation pre clan and post clan and so on, that'd be very cool.

Appreciate the work that went into this.

Dav
Kiiro no Torii, a Battletech AU, found here:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,7316.0.html
Interview with a Mercenary, found here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,319.0.html
Every Man Must Be Tempted, a KNT Universe series: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/every-man-must-be-tempted
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, because the competent use it when it could do some good."

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2013, 15:08:01 »
That is kind of already on the plans.  Putting in the date a factory was destroyed was already on my "to do" list.  Adding in when a factory changed hands should be fairly simple.

Davout73

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2013, 16:02:56 »
That is kind of already on the plans.  Putting in the date a factory was destroyed was already on my "to do" list.  Adding in when a factory changed hands should be fairly simple.

Thats cool.  The problem I am running into with my Alt-U is you have Factory A inactivated in 28 whatever due to lack of material, but its occupying planet B, and with the proliferation of the Helm Core will be reactivated in 3038 and so on...There's some good resources out there, but a spreadsheet that would let me say "Find factories from year A to year B producing Product C would be very handy.

Thanks again,

Dav
Kiiro no Torii, a Battletech AU, found here:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,7316.0.html
Interview with a Mercenary, found here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,319.0.html
Every Man Must Be Tempted, a KNT Universe series: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/every-man-must-be-tempted
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, because the competent use it when it could do some good."

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
  • 15th Dracon: A Proud Tradition of Service
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #5 on: 13 December 2013, 17:32:35 »
Looks like everything I need at a glance. :)

Thanks!

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2013, 18:10:53 »
Glad ya'll like it.  And if there is anything else you think I should add (if the info is available to add it), let me know, I'll be happy to put it in.

Beazle

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 13 December 2013, 20:07:00 »
Could you put in a footnote telling us (on a scale from kittens-with-machineguns to free-beer-and-cheesecake) exactly how awesome you are? 

I mean, I know your awesome, but I'd like specifics.

:D  O0

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 14 December 2013, 01:49:31 »
Wow!  Thanks!

I'm sicker than a dog right now and that actually made me feel physically better!  At least until the next coughing fit came along, lol.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #9 on: 14 December 2013, 08:05:35 »
And the Factorys. and production of the Periphery?

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 14 December 2013, 11:33:23 »
It'll be in there if I can find it.  I'm still performing clean up and adding quite a bit. 

I know I've ran into quite a bit from the Taurians, and some from Canopians.  Little from elsewhere though.  Doesn't mean it's not (or won't be) there, just that it hasn't jumped at me.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #11 on: 14 December 2013, 22:40:58 »
checks The Objetives  Raids Periphery there appear some factories and the FM 3145 appointed contained many more, then in the TRO have been shifting their production information

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #12 on: 15 December 2013, 20:58:52 »
Plus you have to consider all the changes in production due to enemy action or retcons.
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 16 December 2013, 17:17:51 »
Still haven't came up with a good way to handle that yet.  Any ideas?

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #14 on: 17 December 2013, 01:25:26 »
My suggestion would be to just place an "era" or time frame in which it is known a certain design is built in next to each entry.

2359 - 2678 or whatever.  :)

As for retconned stuff, I would have a special note saying "per whatever book" and note that "book so and so" (or errata) has removed or moved it.
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 17 December 2013, 03:36:30 »
Time frame would probably be best. 

As for the Factory production listed Jihad and post-jihad, well I'm still a little iffy on that.  Some of them have some sort of post jihad write up describing a percentage of damage, personnel loss, or even capital loss.  Also they have a output rate and I'm very hesitant to put that in.  Even though the Jihad is next on my play through list, I'm hesitant to put it in.  I would pretty much need to go back and do all my research over again. 

Same goes for the retconned info.  I'm really hesitant to start the whole thing over again just to annotate a few entries.  I wouldn't mind putting them in, but going back and starting this all over is less than appealing.  Especially when I'm not done.  And I couldn't really start it in the middle of the current update, it would be to difficult to track.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #16 on: 17 December 2013, 11:41:19 »
Good stuff.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 17 December 2013, 15:38:09 »
Glad you like it!

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 19 December 2013, 18:03:47 »
Added the last of the C's.  Sorry for the delay everyone, this flu or whatever about killed me and working while delirious would have been begging for errors.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #19 on: 25 December 2013, 11:56:12 »
Is this the project that you PM'ed me about Pfarland?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 25 December 2013, 15:33:30 »
Yes sir!  In fact uploading an update to H now.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2013, 01:38:36 »
Finished the Factories List unless I add in some of the fan projects.  I know of two so far, Mad Capellan's Objective Raids 3067 and Adacas' Objective Raids-Periphery 3145.  I'm still debating on whether to add these in, if I do I will tag them somehow to let people know they aren't canon.  What do you all think? 

Until then, next up is finishing adding in which factories have been destroyed and then modifying the Mech MUL to show the "extra" factories that have been left out of the fluff.  Then adding in and changing the faction format for the MUL.

In the meantime how do you like them and does anyone have suggestions?

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 30 December 2013, 12:24:14 »
I'm going to amend my previous statement.  I've found a few minor errors (mostly things I'm not happy with) and reversing the way most of the units display their name and model number (switching it from model number - name).

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 30 December 2013, 22:38:53 »
Revised the names and fixed the errors.

mchapman1970

• Warrant Officer
  • Live young die old
    • MekHQ  AtB style Episodes
« Reply #24 on: 31 December 2013, 10:22:01 »
I am unable to download these sad day

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 31 December 2013, 12:56:07 »
Is it the link or downloading itself that is the issue?  The link seems to be ok (checked it out on another computer and had a friend check it out) and to download you just click the down arrow near the upper left hand corner.

mchapman1970

• Warrant Officer
  • Live young die old
    • MekHQ  AtB style Episodes
« Reply #26 on: 31 December 2013, 15:11:13 »
got  it
now I feel like a newbe    I was doing it wrong  sorry

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: 31 December 2013, 15:16:55 »
Don't feel bad, we all do it at some point.  It's even better when you do it with something you know, I'm good at that one.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #28 on: 31 December 2013, 16:45:36 »
Wow- thanks!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 31 December 2013, 19:21:21 »
Not a problem, keep watching, some more updates to come!  And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!